The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 05:03:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24598 Posts in 1931 Topics by 788 Members
Latest Member: Blitz8282
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Miscellaneous Discussions  |  All Brand Events  |  Mojave Mile (Calif.) 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mojave Mile (Calif.) 2012  (Read 8038 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: January 24, 2012, 04:46:50 PM »

Here's the info you need if you want to participate or spectate these events.  Darryl will be there with his GoKart and his GTS.  This event takes place at the airport where the X challenge was won.  (private manned spaceflight'

============================================================================================================================================

Sent: January-24-12 3:43 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Mojave Mile Address List #2

Hi, All,

OK, I have made some repairs to our initial list to correct and add over 40 names.  If you were one of these, this will be your first contact from us, but it means we have your correct email now.  Thanks for your help, everyone, in getting this loaded.  Again, we ask everyone to reach out to their racer friends, including former participants to make sure they get included, and also to make sure we get removed from recipient spam lists and put onto recognized sender lists for everyone.

As long as I have your attention, I'll pass on a few bits of information.  First, many of you have mssed the event date announcement I made on our forum, so I will re-link that thread here for you:   http://www.mojavemile.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144  The Mojave Mile event dates are May 5-6, Sept 29-30, and the Mojave Magnum date is June 2-3.  Please note that the Magnum event will have a limited field of about 90 racers, with a higher entry fee than for the Mojave Mile, probably in the $450 range for a 2-day event.  The purpose of the limited field is to give the participants more runs, and because of the longer course, we will have less runs per day than on the 1-mile course.  This will all be discussed in greater detail soon, but I wanted to give you all a heads-up, because I expect this field to fill very quickly.

Turning to a different topic:  Communication between you and us.  With the new website, I plan to replace the forums with two new ways to connect.  The first way is email blasts such as this one, designed to get info to you as quickly as possible.  The second way is through a blog page on the website, with comments enabled for all who have registered.  These comments will be moderated to eliminate spammers and internet "trolls" but will still give you all a place to express your opinions on the topics discussed.  In addition to these two main avenues, we will have a Facebook and Twitter page for those of you who use these formats.

Finally, I want to mention that starting this year we have been given the go-ahead by the Mojave Airport to permit spectators in larger numbers, and we have been provided a superb spectator viewing area with a great view of the finish line and easy access to the Paddock.  In this area, we will have a PA, food, and toilets, and we are working on bleachers.  There will be a nominal charge for spectators with an additional small fee for spectators that would like access to the Paddock.  Please note this fee will not include your crew members (up to a max number of crew), as they will have free access to the Paddock.  Again, more on this as we develop.

See you all this summer!

Mike B.

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:10:24 PM »

Most recent Email from Mojave Mile and Magnum Mile ...

Hi, Everyone,

It’s time for another update from us at MKM, as we are working hard to get things popping for the upcoming season.  I’ve got a lot of updates this time, so settle in comfortably and let’s get started!

First, the question on everyone’s mind right now – WHEN IS REGISTRATION?     I know everyone wants to sign up and get on the grid, and we have been stalling a bit on opening up.  Please understand that it is for a good reason – we are switching to on-line, paperless registration through a third-party company, which will make everyone’s lives easier.  For you guys, this means no more long Registration lines (just a quick stop to check in and get your Tech forms and wristbands), mailings, faxes, and delays.  For us, the same!  Right now, we are putting the finishing touches on all of the Registration “fields” that you will be clicking on when you sign up.  It is taking longer than usual, and while we had hoped to be ready this Monday, Feb 6th, we simply cannot make that date.  So, we are setting Registration for the May Mojave Mile event to open on Feb 15, 2012.  By then, the online program will be up and visible to everyone, giving all of you a fair shot at scoring those nice early Grid slots for Saturday.  So, please be patient with us for just another week, and we think you will like our new system very much.

As for Registration for the Mojave Magnum 1.5 mile event and the fall Mojave Mile, it will open as soon as we set up those online “fields” as well, which shouldn’t take more than a week or so after we open on the 15th.  I will announce in advance when this will happen so everyone has the same opportunity to register.  For the Magnum, this is especially important, as this will be a LIMITED FIELD of 90 entrants over 2 days.  We expect this event to sell out on the first day of registration.  (More on the Magnum a bit later.)

For all of our 2012 events, they ARE going to happen, so you may plan accordingly.  Our field size will be limited to 150 for the Mile events, and 90 for the Magnum.

The second-most asked question is, “how much?”  Prices for the Mile events are nearly the same as last year.  The entry fee for a vehicle and driver/rider is $349 for the weekend, with additional drivers/riders paying $299.  We won’t be offering any Sunday-only vehicle entries this year, however, we will be selling a few $149 “Sunday Driver” (Sunday-only) spots for extra “add-on” drivers or riders that want to drive an already-entered vehicle (or more than one, see below).  Please note that these Sunday-only racers can’t be first-timers/rookies, because all of our mandatory rookie/first-timer training is taking place only on Saturday morning.  Sunday-only racers will also have to do Tech at the Paddock on Sunday.

Regarding additional drivers/riders, we are making a key change to our policy this year:  All drivers/riders may drive or ride any car or bike that is entered in the field!  In other words, we are going to officially sanction vehicle/driver swapping.   Drivers/riders who are already driving one vehicle can switch and drive any other already-entered vehicle, with permission of course!  And, if they have arranged a ride, additional drivers/riders can even just show up at the track, sign up, and pay the $299 (2 day)/$149 (Sunday) entry fee, assuming that we are not totally sold out.  There are a few limitations, of course.  You can’t be a First-timer/Rookie unless you are signed in and ready to go at 7 AM on Saturday, so you can do the mandatory Track Drive and Briefing.  Everyone must still go through Driver Tech Inspection, and be assigned to their appropriate Driver Class with its associated wristband/tech speed limit.  First-timers and Class B and C drivers aren’t allowed to drive a car running in the AU class.  Otherwise, it’s open season.  NOTE:  Entries for cars and bikes are separate, so you can’t switch from a car to a bike, or vice versa, unless you have paid two entry fees, gone through Driver Tech twice, once for each, and have the two different left wristbands to prove it.

You can imagine that this new policy will make proper timing and scoring “interesting” for us!.  To score everyone correctly under these conditions, we are reworking our numbering system.  All drivers/riders will now be assigned an individual number on their wristband which will be used in scoring, and we will explain the details to you at the Driver’s Meeting.

Mojave Magnum information:  This event will use the full length of the runway for the timed run and slow-down.  This means that by definition, we will not be able to make as many runs in a day as we could in the Mile.  Therefore, we are limiting the field in order to give the racers the most bang for the buck.  Push-starts will be allowed in the Magnum.  Push-started cars will start at the same starting line as the other cars (no run-ups) and the push trucks must exit the course at the ¼ mile mark, whereupon they can proceed down the taxiway to collect their racers, or return to the Paddock as desired.  We are anticipating just over 330 runs per day, or 630-660 runs total over two days.  With 90 racers, assuming they all stay and run until the bitter end of the weekend, this means an average of around 7 runs.  In actual reality, those who stay to the end will get many more runs than that due to attrition, folks leaving early, and folks who stop racing to save their stuff, having achieved their goals.  If demand is exceedingly high for this event (a large wait list) we might consider expanding the field to 100, but no more than that.  As we mentioned, it will cost more to enter the Magnum than the Mile, because our costs to produce a 2-day event at Mojave are pretty fixed, no matter how many runs we get in.  With a smaller field, we have to charge more to pay the “nut,” as they say here in Las Vegas.  We feel that the quality of the event you will see at the Magnum will make it worth your investment of money, time and travel.

For the Magnum, fees are still being determined, but expect to pay about $555 for initial vehicle and driver/rider, with an extra-driver fee of about $400.  Included with your entry fee is a free speed certificate of your fastest speed.  There will be no Sunday-only entries at the Magnum.

Turning now to our media changes, we are releasing a newly revised website in conjunction with the on-line registration system.  On the new website, I will have a news blog, where I will release the latest goings-on for you all, and comments will be enabled for you to respond and/or ask questions.  This will supplement these “email blasts” that I plan to keep sending, as part of our efforts to stay in contact with you.  We also will have Mojave Mile Facebook and Twitter pages so you can get the word out to your social networks.  If all goes well, you will see the new website at the same time as the on-line Registration makes its debut, but if not, we will link the on-line Registration to the old website to keep things moving.

Rule Changes for 2012:  Short answer – not very many!  For now, those of you who are new to our program and want to know what is needed to prepare for this year’s events, you can go to our website and download our 2011 Rule Book and Preparation Checklists.  We are revising these now for 2012, but we do not see any dramatic changes to what we are doing that will affect you guys seriously or cause you to have to make major mods.  One exception to this is that we are probably going to require armoring for Class AA (unlimited, > 230 MPH) bike riders this year, either in the form of armored leathers, or the new armored undergarments.  If you don’t have these yet, don’t panic, as I will let Blaine Spendlove, our Chief of Tech, clarify these requirements very soon, so you don’t purchase the wrong gear. 

Well, that is probably enough to get you all on “information overload” for now.  We are as stoked as you guys are to begin our 2012 season, and we look forward to seeing you again and seeing some new speed records.  As always, we can be reached at 702-614-6108 between 10-4 PST every weekday, unless we are at lunch! 
Mike
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:20:01 PM »

I assume that everyone knows that Mike Border is the X winner of the Private Spaceship award?

Through emails he's told me that he's been involved in ORR (Open Road Rally) for years and even experienced crashing at average speed of 202mph with barely a bruise. 

Mike was writing that he's moved onto Mile, 1.5 Mile (Magnum) and his current project is a 1800hp (vette) attempt to set a 300mph record. 

His Mojave Mile is looking like I may need to run that event so that I have "EXPERIENCE" for the SSCC to run the Grand Sport and Mile Shootout Classes?  I have sent a request to the organizers asking to have the Grand Touring class waived, but received no answer yet. 

After making a sub 150mph pass in the mile my experience will be used as a base to allow me a >230mph license - if I add the rest of an 8 point cage to my GTS.  >200MPH if I leave it as a 6 point.  Vettes, Vipers (and probably Ferrari and other supercars) are credited with a 6 point cage stock as they're manufactured to go 200mph (?).  That makes perfect sense to me.  Having probably the fastest car at a race event and racing Prius class seems kinda lame?   

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 11:15:40 PM »

http://mojavemile.com/#   is the front page of the website

http://mojavemile.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=5  is the video page.  The second video has Adrnln's Gokart pass of onboard camera posting 154mph.

First video has a bunch of vettes and a firebird, etc.,
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »

I'm loaded and leaving for the Mojave Spaceport today.  Car's got a bolt in cage.   Stereo equipment has been made removable and lightened the trunk as well as I don't think that the panels being attached with Velcro is legal for tech.   

Stopwatch, SFI rollcage padding and racing 'booties' are waiting for me south of the border (required equipment).  Didn't have time to ship it across the border to Canada - and some stuff won't ship over the border either. 

Darryl's not going to make it due to work issues, so I may be the only Viper at the event, unless 97Snk shows up, but I havn't had a reply from him so I hope he's OK.  Mike Fine may also show up with his modified Magnum as he likes to mile his car.

Kirk has advised that I run race gas and low boost tune since my car is geared for the half mile.  Low boost because getting there faster isn't an issue and race gas just as engine protection. 

Thanks again to JonB (PartsRack) for helping out with the parts and sponsoring my firesuit!

I'll post results of the MM here.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 09:17:33 PM »

Made it.  5 - 11mpg towing with the 08 Ram.  Hemi doesn't seem to like the Hills/Mountains.  If I tow often this thing is gonna need a Turbo for sure ...

The FGT exotics event 2 weeks ago had one of the participants (from Texas) run his throttle well past the finish ... almost to the fence at over 200mph and then realize the 12,500' runway was ended.  He skidded and flipped with some big air time.  Bad crash, car flipped many times and was completely destroyed.  Head/chest/neck trauma was the cause of the fatality.  Any next problems and the MM won't be around?  The Mojave Magnum (1.5 miles) is "officially cancelled" but Mike Borders says he expects that that will be rescinded by the time the M Magnum comes up.  He expects to set a good example as he always does and that should get things back on track.

The tech guys loved my built in rollcage.  In installed the SFI padding along the driver's side and that went good.  They asked me for a head sock and I offered to shave.  $20 from a techie bought me a new head sock  and saved my goatee!  Darryl couldn't make it and I forgot he was giving me his horseshoe collar, but I bought the only 1 in Bakersfield, California.  They have only a few performance shops in Bakersfield, but ten pages of Emissions Shops???   :idk:  WTH?  

It seems that Mojave is on the top Stop the wind farms!

I changed my new BFG KDW2s to my Hoosier R100s and they passed tech.  My firesuit, nomex socks, shoes and gloves passed tech.  My helmet was great.  My Sirrius radio bracket is good.  I removed my cabinet lids under the hatch and my newly installed stereo equipment passed tech.  Only problem for 200mph + is I have no fire extinguisher SYSTEM and I think that a Hans device might be required - unless that's for after 230mph?  Anyway, Darryl was going to lend me his ...  If I am allowed over 200mph it will be because I made several runs proving my ability and the car's ... then mayvbe 1 run ...   GTS being geared to only 220 TOP speed at redline ...  

I will run the car easy to get my S2 license and then hopefully get 1 hard run for a 200+ license.  Being a new car I'm not sure I have any interest in running my car at redline across the finish line.  I would sure be upset if I hurt my new car.  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:22:44 AM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 09:57:35 PM »

I think they said it was Hot Rod Magazine's Veyron SS.  $2,650,000 car.  $20,000 for a set of tires and these ones don't look very new ...

Too bad I've got half mile gears.  1100bhp is about what my car is on pump gas.  There are a few 1050rwhp race gas tuned cars here (FGT) and it'll be interesting to see how a Veyron actually performs.  Here's a 1040rwhp FGT wearing a set of road slicks (all around).  222mph.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:15:12 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 06:18:06 PM »

:driving:  Yah, going good and then ...  remembered that my first pass was to be under 150mph and slowed down passing through the lights more than half a mile down track.  Easy as pie.  Went to tech and upgraded my license,  Next pass I figured I'd take it easy and run 180 - 190mph ...    :-[  Ooops, 215mph and had more to go?  Thought I was taking it easy ...  :idk:  Car felt like 180mph ...    :2thumbsup:      :driving:

Accidently I got my time slip (instead of the blank one).  I went immediately to tech and said to Blaine, "I F**cked up and now I have to go to talk to Mike?  Get 'pooped'on?".  He said, "Yes." 

Mike said he understood, reamed me out for awhile and I agreed that I was trying to go under 200mph but the GPS said i was under ...  couldn't see the speedo so I apologized. 

:)  Thankfully they understood and warned me that if I go over again ...   :mad:   

So I made several runs, 188.7, 188.9, 186.8 and finally managed a 196mph.  No 200mph club Tshirt  :idk:  But I'll try for that 200-205mph window with GPS giving readings from a few seconds ago (unreliable and incorrect) or guess my correct speed while my speedo is geared for 26" tires and I'm running 28" tires .

Yup, interesting. 

Big Red Camaro RJ Gottlieb (www.bigredcamaro.com) is here and ran the fastest tiem of the day at 217.9 (3mph faster than my "unofficial" time).  He tried a few changes and ran the same speed.  He ran a 200hp Nitrous shot and when he only picked up .4 seconds (218.3mph) I asked him what happened.  He said that he didn't really RUN it, just shot it a second or so while running down the track. 

Ford GT pictured above has a Hennessey Twin Turbo kit on it and he had the engine freshened after breaking a rocker.  That was about $40,000.  He was expecting to run 222 mph, but his time was 212mph (3rd fastest car there).  Unfortunately his last run of the day the engine started smoking badly with a few people talking about fires etc.  Chip Beck isn't a first timer, he was on the return road near the timing stop when he saw the heavy smoke and coasted across the apron to the edge and shut it down.  Opening the engine cover there was no fire.  Unfortunately, it is broken Chip said and his day was ruined!  I felt back for Chip since he seemed like such a nice guy.  He's a moderator on the www.FordGTforum.com site. 

The fastest 5.7L Challenger there made 160mph with his Kenny Bell 560rwhp Black Challenger.  An R/T (5.7L Challenger) went about 156 mph while a 392/6.3L Hemi went a 160mph pass.  The owner of that Chally told me that his previous car was a blown 5.7 amd this stock 6.3L was faster.  Hr figures that Dodge "went easy on the numbers" and there's a lot more than they're telling.  Challengers were definitely the most popular performance car there.  Mustangs being second.  Several GTs and Shelbys were there running.  I only saw 1 ZR1 but I think there was at least two.  The one I saw made a 172mph pass.   

The Veyron was brough here from Europe and already had 20,000 kms on it.  It surprised me with a first pass of 201mph.  The passes he made after that were all 198, 197, etc.  Interesting car the Veyron.  The Yellow FGT was running 1040rwhp and went 212mph.  I was running 950rwhp and went 215 with an easy pass.  There were not a lot of cars going over 200mph today.  One person told me that the previous record holder (225mph) is bringing his VIPER tomorrow to get back the record fastest time tomorrow!  Hope he makes it.  Tech and I inspected my car over again as there was a possibility of buying a fire extinguisher system if the speed shop guy in town had the setup at his shop.  WHAT?  the front tires don't have a ( ) around the Y???   OMG :o  How the heck did I miss that?  Bad news ... ( ) s are needed (or race tires) to go over 200mph as well as a fire system!  bummer!

It was a long day and although the thermometer only showed us 77F,  after sitting in the sun all day ... I thought it read 87F and I am baked, tired and cranky.  But a soft 215mph pass is the fastest time this car has put down (from my understanding of what Kirk said).  The over speed? is when the Right wastegate flys open ... did not flip the 1300rwhp switch. 

Big Red Camaro is 1100rwhp normally aspirated - I think I'm faster than him. 

FordGT was at 1040rwhp and I was faster than him

and the Veyron has oifficially been SPANKED!

Not bad for a 950whp pump gas tune, eh?   Thanks Kirk! :2thumbsup:

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »

Started today off with an easy step on the brakes at the end pass.  208mph.  Only 3mph too fast for my 200mph club Tshirt, and had to go apologize again.  2nd warning and next time will be goodbye.  I cowngraded to the BFG 26" tires and tried one final run ...  Overrevved through at 195mph.  No Tshirt!  Traction both runs was completely sideways with slicks and treaded street tires in third gear.

It was kind of a Viper daytoday.  "Crazy Ass" Viper :idk: (what I was told by a fan) showed up and bested my easy pass when he went 218.3 making it a tie between Big Red Camaro and the "Crazy Ass" Twin turbo Viper.  A "1500bhp with 1180whp Supra was there with the flamed "Crazy Ass".  Unfortunately the car had an oil pressure issue and the motec wouldn't let it get rpms above 3500 and then the driver was banned for the day for physical reasons so he didn't make another pass.

What was surprising was that a 750rwhp Paxton 2006 SRT coupe went 195.2mph!!!

Stock Gen 4 went 162mph
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »

Perhaps many of you remember this Viper?  Monster Turbos under a custom raised hood?  tube chassis GTS.  Purpose built Mile racer.

Intercooler mounted prettymuch flat across the front and dual charge pipes coming from the turbos.  Custom intake, etc.  5" exhaust pipe with Wastegates venting through the side scallops.  Should be a very lightweight car and custom made hood and nose.  No side glass and trimmed doors.

This car tied the Big Red Camaro at 116mph and then tied him 118.3mph then he blew his 5th gear.  Big Red went 112mph his other run.

Here's my sign from yesterday ... and I backed off.

Shot at 2012-05-06

There was a couple of 2006 SRT coupes that were locals.  The near stock (red) coupe of Angel's didn't run, but Harry Korhonian's 750whp Paxton with Hennessey nose ran amazingly well at 195.2mph!  Amazing that his 0verrevving 5th gear run was that fast.  He had traction issues and his 3.55 rear end gears worked against him since he topped out before the finish.  Only 5mph from 200mph.  Since the Veyron's 1100bhp only made 201/198/199 you have to ask yourself if it's worth the extra $2,575,000 to go that 4-6mph faster than a stock Viper with a base paxton kit and H nose ... 

I spent half the day "hanging" with Harry and Angel.  Harry's firesuit was new, his arm restraints were different, but similar to mine.  It was great talking with   those guys.  Several ACRs showed up to watch but weren't all that social and they left after a short period of walking through the paddock.

My final run I ran the BFG KDW2s ...  195mph
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 08:41:48 PM »

There was a stock SRT10 coupe that ran 162mph for several runs on Sat.  Blue/white stripes.

AND ... here's an amazing couple of World Record Holders ...  Herbie! and the "soon to be" World's Fastest 36mph stock Bugs ...

I guess I should have said "German exotic Collector Cars!"  The Herbie (#53) bug holds the current Bonnieville salt flats top speed record for a 36hp But at 75.53mph.  The Orange Bug is classification correct and his speeds were 82.4mph twice down the Mojave Mile!  He cracked the 80mph barrier first thing Sunday morning and picked up another couple mph during the day.  He's going to Bonnieville Salt flats to take over the record from Herbie the Love Bug - who was running 70mph.

The Bug guys had as much (probably a lot more) fun that all the FAST guys - even me. 

The announcer's ride was an automatic supercharged Austin Mini Cooper S that ran about 118.5mph.  He also has a 900+whp Porsche and more cars in his garage.  His name was Bill Gerganski.

One of the MM execs was running a ZR1 and his car was running 178mph.  The 1180whp Supra had oil pressure issues and his drysump was only sending a 30# oil pressure signal from the sensor and his Motec shut the engine to 3500rpm with crapping and farting.  After his 86mph run the car was retuned and the problem was fixed, but no runs.

The monster TT GTS  going 216mph

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 09:48:57 PM »

>:(  Trying to go 200-205mph, wastegate opening to cut boost at top and slowing before the finish to not go over 205 and breakout.  Didn't work, I went 208 and broke out again.  I give up.  Speedo was bouncing around 190 or so.   Here's the video

Ted's Twin Turbo GTS on Street tires through the Mojave Mile, 195mph
jtin

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »

Awesome write up Ted. Congrats on those speeds, way to represent.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 11:11:34 PM »

Thanks Joel.  Interesting and educational experience.  Gave me a chance to practise sliding through third gear and to see how smooth and awesoem this car is.  It doesn't have the smooth power curve of the Roe and it's difficult to control the power because it is fast and then gets higher powered and faster as the rpms come up ...  Even with no traction below 140mph this car only needs 5/8s to 3/4 of the track to be overrevved  :idk:  Defintely a new experience.

I'm trying to post some videos for you guys.  The spectators were too far away to get much video from that position so the vid is inside car GoPro HD.

Short 215mph Mojave Mile easy run
jtin

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 12:43:18 AM »

Yeah it seems like your car has no problem at all in those high gear. Does your tranny have 5th gearing for the 6th gear?

Im looking at viper speacialty gearing 4.5 and 5.5 gears set for mine while my car is down.

Your lack of traction in 3rd is crazy.  With that much power is there even a reason to turn it up more? Seems perfect just the way it is 8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea