The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 05:28:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 821 Members
Latest Member: Jhalo
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  New management contract with JRT ?!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New management contract with JRT ?!  (Read 4959 times)
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 08:16:08 AM »

Unitrax agrees with you and refuses to sell through people with no knowledge and no support for his products.  Devin said that the dumb (not his exact words) vendor might sell the wrong product and if there's a callback they would have no clue how to answer any technical questions or knowledge to give correct advice.  Pride of product.  The people with the knowledge are the ones that post helpful answers or have the answers when you phone them.  Obviously the products need to be purchased from the vendors with the knowledge to service and maintain the partsyou buy.

Why wouldn't one purchase a Unitrax product from Unitrax?  Wouldn't Devin have more product knowledge than anyone else about how his stuff works in a Viper?   
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 10:45:22 AM »

He was suggested to sell exclusively through VPoA
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 08:15:40 PM »

He was suggested to sell exclusively through VPoA

Now that.....is absolute BS! ...Not what you say...but that Devin was asked to do so by VPoA.
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 03:30:11 AM »

id like to hear that from devin. i assume he was asked about it (why wouldnt vpoa) to be a sole distributor and was told some benefits to letting them become one. i doubt the vpoa actually threatened like what is being said here if im reading it right
ViperSRT

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »

That CM would even think of trying to corner the market on ANY Viper related product is an affront to everything that VCA originally stood for.

In the early days (days before CM ever thought of owning a Viper - those were truly the good old days!) VCA and locals worked hard to gain a foothold in the aftermarket industry to provide products that we could all enjoy. The more the better. That is more competition lead to more and better products and lower market prices.

Now, with CM in charge, VCA and VPoA have been working tirelessly to control the advertising and communication, limit free market access where possible and drive all retail competitors out of the marketplace.  For what end is unclear as it will ultimately reduce the innovation and competition that provides for products we want at prices we can afford. The only end I can think of is control and rewards. Control we know for or by whom (recall the sitting VCA president awarding himself and his wife induction into the Viper Hall of Fame when he had absolutely NOTHING to do with the creation of the Viper). Rewards is something else entirely as the financials are private and statements that all proceeds pass through to the VCA is an obvious lie. Especially when intermediate companies (read Coast to Caost Management and Viper Magazine) are personally owned and provide for direct employment of decision makers and their family members within the VCA (including ... Chris Marshall, his wife, and his son).
Viper Specialty
Perfection. That is our only requirement.

Viper Specialty Performance - HOME
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 10:15:33 AM »

This whole situation is extremely frustrating.

I just hope that everyone realizes this market is going to fundamentally change even more, as if it hasn't already changed drastically already. You know the good old days of the tuners going head to head and setting records, developing new products and packages, etc? I wouldn't count on that era ever coming around again at this rate.
Dan Lesser, Owner
Viper Specialty Performance
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 01:11:34 PM »

VPOA is obviously a business, like it or not. if i was in business and was capable of cornering the market, i certainly WOULD. and i bet you all would as well...nothing wrong with that.

Viper Specialty

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 02:23:57 PM »

VPOA is obviously a business, like it or not. if i was in business and was capable of cornering the market, i certainly WOULD. and i bet you all would as well...nothing wrong with that.

Its a little bit different when a business entity that was put in place to sell only OEM parts, starts using its contacts and influence over a public forum and CLUB to move into a market it promised not to get involved with. Anybody I know would call that a conflict of interest at best, and an up and coming monopoly at worst. If they had done it 100% on their own, more power to them. But they took a route that was not available to ANYONE else, just because of who they knew- and did it with OUR money.

How do you think this will all turn out if the companies who do the development can no longer compete, be it directly or indirectly through purchasing contracts?

The fabric of the club itself, as well as the market as a whole, is completely different than it was 4 years ago. The Viper Club in this area is a skeleton of what it used to be, and the tuner market is a whisper of what it once was for these cars. Am I saying any one particular entity is at fault? No. But I also don't think it is a coincidence that right around the time the BS started with the club and Chrysler as a whole, the tide started receding on this market.
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
Vigilantee

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »

VPOA is obviously a business, like it or not. if i was in business and was capable of cornering the market, i certainly WOULD. and i bet you all would as well...nothing wrong with that

Its a whole lot easier to corner the market with Dodge as your partner.  With the head start Dodge has given these clowns and the advantage their clout provides them it's all but a done deal.  How do you spell "legacy parts"?
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 04:17:39 PM »

dan,

hard to argue that. youre right, its different but so is the whole automotive environment. with a used viper selling in the 25-35K range, it brings in a lot of different people to the scene. IMO, not necessarily a good thing either. it seems the current crop of owners are MUCH less likely to plunk down 20-30K for a build. heck most seem worried about the cost of tires and exhaust.

i was clearly at the bottom level (pay wise) when i got mine (paid cash BTW) now it just doesnt seem to be the case. when i sell the viper and move to the lambo or FGT, it will be that way. it seems to me, the money guys have the cash and balls to do big power builds, thats where the tuners are always going to go, where the money is. cant blame them. the world changes, you have to evolve or be extinct

gen1/2 and gen3 will be all the tuner crowd soon enough if it hasnt happened already. look at what these things sell for, they cheap as hell now. (and i know im getting ready to sell mine but it is, what it is...) there will be a move for mods but VERY, VERY CHEAP MODS and/or a ton of wheels and exhaust kits will be sold . guys like you are going to have to pray the gen5 sells like crazy or move to the lambo/FGT crowds. just my opinion.
Viper Specialty

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »

dan,

hard to argue that. youre right, its different but so is the whole automotive environment. with a used viper selling in the 25-35K range, it brings in a lot of different people to the scene. IMO, not necessarily a good thing either. it seems the current crop of owners are MUCH less likely to plunk down 20-30K for a build. heck most seem worried about the cost of tires and exhaust.

i was clearly at the bottom level (pay wise) when i got mine (paid cash BTW) now it just doesnt seem to be the case. when i sell the viper and move to the lambo or FGT, it will be that way. it seems to me, the money guys have the cash and balls to do big power builds, thats where the tuners are always going to go, where the money is. cant blame them. the world changes, you have to evolve or be extinct

gen1/2 and gen3 will be all the tuner crowd soon enough if it hasnt happened already. look at what these things sell for, they cheap as hell now. (and i know im getting ready to sell mine but it is, what it is...) there will be a move for mods but VERY, VERY CHEAP MODS and/or a ton of wheels and exhaust kits will be sold . guys like you are going to have to pray the gen5 sells like crazy or move to the lambo/FGT crowds. just my opinion.

You are absolutely right in every regard, there is more than one cause to all of this. I too have seen the writing on the wall for this market, and the only reason in all honesty that I am still primarily a Viper tuner is that my foot was too far in the door to back out when things started to change, and my love for the platform and current investments into it exceed my desire to jump ship in light of the nonsense. But don't think however that it is an accident that I deal with and push some of the components that I do. I deal with 90% top-tier of parts and electronics- the exact same parts I would be using in other upper-level markets such as Ferrari and Lamborghini. I did this on purpose so that when I do actively diversify, it will be more of a side-step than a step up. Luckily, a certain crop of owners still exists in the Viper market that demands the best available, not just what can be made to work at a lower cost.

or......... at least that's my brains excuse for allowing me to be an anal retentive OCD builder who should probably have his head examined :lol:
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:31 PM »

I think I agree with most of what Phil said.  Not sure if the Gen 5 will be a help or hindurance to the older models.  

We were told that we'd get 700 bragging hp in the new Viper and now there are a lot of sources claiming that number is only going to tie with GM's 660bhp.  With Lambo over 700 and Ferrari up to 750bhp ...  the new Viper will no longer be king of the tracks?  It would look to be time for SRT to get back into building the Go fast parts so that Viper can continue to rule.  With the high tech computer systems and a Pectel (if it will work on the new Vipers) being a $20,000 starter point for the tuners ...  gonna get tough to kick ass with the new stuff for the tuners.  

I like the GTS.  I like to go fast and anything a new car can do an old car can be upgraded to do it as well.  I prefer to spend my "new car difference" on upgrading my classic GTS.  Less money than a new car and it comes with well over $100,000 worth of "Tuner Dollars".  With ART, Dan, DC Perf, etc. now building TTs quite often, I think that the smaller engine builds are what are disappearing?   :idk:

One thing I am thankful for from the Gen 4 is the Michelin PS2s and the availablilty of the Sport Cups that are being used on High speed, street/track, and Open Road Rallys.  The traction of my Roe GTS went from dangerous to "What the F is wrong with my car?"   Since Michelin is dropping the PS2, I'm hoping the new Gen 5 Pirellis will have improved traction again.  Not sure if there's any upgradable parts for the rest of the Vipers.  With everything being a big secret and speculation that hp is going down while the other brands are going way up ... it seems that the secrecy may have backfired on SRT as all the feedback I've been getting isn't good Viper comments, the Gen 5 seems to be on a big fade?  Viper prices and interest changing away from Viper to all the other supercars.  

:lol:  Although, I have to admit ... the new Viper Dinkytoy being the first shots released was a huge FAIL.  The VCA is a big FAIL and has made me decide NOT to buy anymore new Vipers - even though I had thought about buying a new one.  Not sure how many other VCA members got shafted and decided that "the fun was gone."  Ther VCA embarrasses me because I own 2 Vipers, and they're detrimental to the brand.  Changing over to a GREEDY Corporation, instead of helping Viper owners enjoy and enhance the Viper experience make a lot of people sick.  I think that the VCA has also lowered the resale value of our cars.  There is no GOOD Viper Car Club to join now.  

It gets a little old to join a generic car club until you take half of the other members out for a ride to show them that the Viper is a SUPERCAR, not just a musclecar.  Corvettes kind of ruined the supercar image because they couldn't compete on the drag strip, so they are now comsidered slower than musclecars, when they're actually a LOT faster.  

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:15:01 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 09:27:17 PM »

Personally, I plan on spanking all brands that I can.  I've been finishing on the podium nearly 99% of the time since I bought my Sapphire GTS and with my TT GTS I plan onpodium finishes a lot more often.  A TT Lambo guy in LA posted a vid of him passing a 1000hp Viper on the freeway.  The Lambo guy drove across 2 solid lines to go out and around the Viper that was just travelling along in traffic.   ???  That's a win?  He posted that he has a 1250hp Lambo.

I asked him twice to come to Ely and race MY 1000rwhp Viper TT.   :lol:  I even offered to just run my pumpgas 950hp tune so he should win.  Second email he quit replying and I guess he won't make the 5 hr drive to actually safely race a Viper ...    He could video even,  :D 

Race the Base should be an interesting event.  Hoping there'll be some new Lambos and 750bhp Ferraris to smack down.  The old Enzo there is scary, as well as a few other superexotics.  Hoping ART will bring their World's Fastest Streetcar Balista a 1800rwhp+ TT 06 Viper to set a new world record.  There will be a MILE event, a 2 mile event, a road course and a drifting competition.  All cars are required to have insurance and be street legal.

JonB - PartsRack

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2013, 02:44:26 PM »

That CM would even think of trying to corner the market on ANY Viper related product is an affront to everything that VCA originally stood for.

In the early days (days before CM ever thought of owning a Viper - those were truly the good old days!) VCA and locals worked hard to gain a foothold in the aftermarket industry to provide products that we could all enjoy. The more the better. That is more competition lead to more and better products and lower market prices.

Now, with CM in charge, VCA and VPoA have been working tirelessly to control the advertising and communication, limit free market access where possible and drive all retail competitors out of the marketplace.  For what end is unclear as it will ultimately reduce the innovation and competition that provides for products we want at prices we can afford. The only end I can think of is control and rewards. Control we know for or by whom (recall the sitting VCA president awarding himself and his wife induction into the Viper Hall of Fame when he had absolutely NOTHING to do with the creation of the Viper). Rewards is something else entirely as the financials are private and statements that all proceeds pass through to the VCA is an obvious lie. Especially when intermediate companies (read Coast to Caost Management and Viper Magazine) are personally owned and provide for direct employment of decision makers and their family members within the VCA (including ... Chris Marshall, his wife, and his son).

Another FAVORITE........   timely and topical
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2013, 04:37:59 PM »

Great thread choice Jon.  I was reading on Viper Alley that many didn't know anything that has been happening over the last several years ... 
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea