The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 07:21:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24599 Posts in 1931 Topics by 795 Members
Latest Member: Nick100459
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Miscellaneous Discussions  |  All Brand Events  |  RACE the Base, World Top Speed Challenge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RACE the Base, World Top Speed Challenge  (Read 11582 times)
jtin

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 02:15:52 PM »

5th in a roe on a mile event is pretty awesome.  :bow:
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »

Lining up in the middle of the exotics.

Doug Seal/Willowbrook Chrysler supplied the Mopar decal and the          Wilowbrook Chrysler
                                                                                                             RACE TEAM                    decals which looked great on the sides of the Hood.  Doug bought us dinner the first night and was great to have there for support.  He had a rental Chevy (that he hated) and was available so that we didn't have to drive our Vipers through the road construction mud etc. 

This is a nice looking 1000TT Saleen S7 that was detuned to 750hp TT because of continuous breakage problems I was told.  The transmission blew the case on the Mile starting line.  Earlier at the "Time attack" (sort of a AutoX) he ran quickly through the course and drifted into the stop box.  Then he drifted right through the stop box and spund a nut throught the cones.  Scary until I realized that he was skidding towards an open area where it was surprising that he only skidded about 40' too far and ended up 180 degrees out,  :driving:  Great entertainment!  He spun 180 here and continued another 180 degrees until he was pointed exactly the way he came in.  Too bad he had to drive around 180 degrees to drive out and on to the Mile event where he blew his trans.

I ran the course and the instructor kept quiet the entire time and said thanks when he exited my car INSIDE the stop box.  Nearly all the other cars got instructions for a few minutes before leaving the area.  LOL, I got that instructor when I did my first standing MILE run the day before.  All he said to me that time was, "Man, I LOVE these cars."   :2thumbsup:  I presume that all the hundreds of hours these guys have in million dollar cars it's really great to find an instructor (besides JonB and Leslie) that agrees with me!   8)

This Lamborghini Aventador is the 2nd to arrive in canada and only a few months old.  Very popular.  Owned by Robbie, the guy that runs the Canadian Bullrun Rally.  Definitely the BEST of the Lambos this car even looked good to me and I would have happily taken it for a test drive since it was only a bit slower than my sc'd GTS.   :wave:   Robbie ran down the 2 mile runway and the passenger came back and said that Robbie now had an excuse to add the widebody kit since he slid off the runway, took out a couple of $750 lights and those did some damage to his body.  Photog got out of the car and said that was one scary ride.  I think he included the run down the track too,  :lol:  Photog is a Ferrari guy and showed me a pic he took of my GTS where it looks like the CF18 is going to hit me ...  haha.  It was a great pic.  said he'll email it to me.

Waiting for the Drift comp I was talking to a Maclaren guy and a Lambo guy that was telling me that he owned a couple Vipers but had a lot of problems with his stockers, so he bought a Lambo (?).   He should have had a modified GTS like mine that works fantastic.  He said that if you wanted to be Classy - buy a Ferrari.  If you wanted to go FAST, you needed to buy a Lambo.

I received an email from the admin of RtB and they said that they will be hosting a dinner and awards at a future date (to be announced).  I'm not gonna go, but Trevor and Doug can go in my place.  We all emt a bunch of good people.  I introduced Trev and Doug to some of the other personalities in case of interest in the Bullrun, ZR Auto's Travel trips, etc.  Might do the Bullrun as I heard that it was fantastic last year and they got monitored by RCMP helicopters which instantly attracts the Rebels in all of us, but makes the Bullrun FAMOUS throughout the world.  Alhtough 1 car did get seized by the new BC Speeding Laws ... it might be a good thing since these guys have enough money to smash the law if they want to.  Not to mention that it should be pretty easy for them to get a ride (and some bring a second third or fourth Lambo "just in case").  Province of BC/RCMP better be very nice to these guys ...   :lol:

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 05:24:29 PM »

Picture of my Roe Racing Supercharged 720whp Viper GTS beside Robert's 97 Venom 650R GTS.  Robert dyno'd his Venom 650 and it came in about 580whp which is about 40whp more than a Gen 4.  His Venom should be equivalent to a Gen 5?  He loves the car. 

On the trip home I stopped at my daughter's in Kamloops for the night and filled up with gas at the Esso then filled my coffe cup at the A&W.  A&W always supports motorsports since the fifties!

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 06:37:50 PM »

Robert lined up for his Drifitng competition.  Rob was running 2 spaces behind me through Friday.

Doug and I ate dinner with the Edmonton Deputy Base Commander.  Darryl thinks that means I should get old Greisbach airforce base opened to (NON) Viper Clubs as he'd love to come to a closed afb and run his Viper...  Course if I arranged it the VCA wouldn't allow any members to attend if I was there.  If I'm not allowed VCA events all VCA members must be banned from "Ted" events - right Chris?   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

We also ate with one of the Veteran survivor reps from the charity that helps injured (wheels chairs, missing limbs etc.) soldiers deal with what has tobecome their new lifestyle.    LOL, I'm guessing that the local soldiers had a few days work fishing at the local lakes because Officer's Mess Dinner was Pike and Pickerel with buns, salads and Deserts.

Alhtough we were threatened with a daily Breathalyzer that never appeared.  Since I don't drink it was no difference to me.  Since drinking would affect my driving ability I figure that means it would probably affect my intelligence, personality etc. so I just don't bother to do it.

When we got back to the Hotel we went into the lounge for a coffee/rye.  The Waitress came over and asked if she could take my pic.  "Saw you on youtube," she said.  The Bartender was also there for a pic so I said sure.  Trevor (being the deignated photographer) took our pics.  Kinda weird being a celebrity.  Especially since we never saw the video that has so impressed the waitress and the Bartender ...   or the people at the Base that asked for my autograph after running over 300kph.

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 08:02:58 PM »

Bridge Lake, the highway becomes a Cliff edge above the Lake so I grabbed a couple pics.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 08:18:34 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 08:40:41 PM »

5th in a roe on a mile event is pretty awesome.  :bow:

Seems that a 720hp Roe is about equivalent to a 750 -850whp TT or Paxton.  There were several cars at the RtB event that had superlightweight body kits.  Since a side mirror for a Lambo is a $5,000 item it's pretty easy to see why those guys would replace factory body panels for (to them) CHEAP Carbon fiber replacement panels. 

Car Show at A&W upong arrival thurs night.

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 11:52:32 PM »

Here's Robie Dickson/Canadian Bullrun) spinning off the track in his new Aventador at Race the Base.  My Xplornet is about dial up (maybe slower?) speed and only loads a few seconds every few minutes so I can't watch it, but you guys can ...  Yah, Robbie!

Lamborghini Aventador Spin out Race the Base, Cold lake Alberta, Robbie Dickson
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 11:23:26 AM »

Lined up to head onto the apron to line up at the 3 competition stations.  Wet drift, Time Attack/Autocross and Mile events.  The Supra was the fastest at 380kph/235.6mph

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 03:08:34 PM »

At home after wash

Gonna make another for sale ad.  "Can't afford a new Lamborghini?  Buy this Viper and eat them for breakfast."  ???

or ...  Faster than most race cars, but this street car gets 25mpg.  ???
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 07:45:22 PM »

Another youtube video of the Lambo Aventador that shows grass and speaks to damages

Damaged Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 After Crash Race The Base 2012 Damage

The Lambo went pretty well although there was neutral between gear shifts?  Saleen S7 smashes trans case on start line

2012 Nissan GTR Race The Base Time Attack In-Car GoPro Race On Track

Pair of Ferrari 458s racing

Ferrari 458 Italia vs 458 Italia Race The Base 2012 Drag Race

Here's a pic of me smoking through the cement Barricades.  The moisture was worst for us and I did do a little drifting down the course.  Controlled drifting around the cone to return back towards the start/stop line.  I had a good run.  Compared to a 'Black' GTR I was twice as fast.  Wettest runs were our groups though

The slight smoke and moisture show the aerodynamics of the car at that speed while I was blasting through the barricades ...   Interesting shot by Trev.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:22:11 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »

I read the newspapers that the Glaciers I wrote about in my vipernation.com story "Viper Jollies in Jasper"  (http://vipernation.com/?p=7) broke a chunk off and it wiped out the Highway to Magik and Maligne Lakes.  Gov thinking about not re-opening highway because of 'safety issues'.  If you check out the story I believe I posted a picture of the "walking glacier" hanging over the highway from the top of the mountain in that story.  

Anyone for a highway sideview of a Glacier?  This is from the Yellowhead Highway which is one of the two main thoroughfares through the Rocky Mountains between Alberta and BC.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:08:02 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 08:26:13 PM »

While driving through the area of flooded flatlands where the signs all say, "Don't feed the wildlife."  I shot this as I drove by these 2 Mountain Sheep driving home.

The Moon a few hours after the Sheep

I took this shot for Jeff so he can have more pieces to add to his photoshops.

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 09:24:26 PM »

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 10:45:09 AM »

Relaxing in the Hotel Lounge after the Fish fry at the Officer's Mess.

At the Thurs Car Show outside the A&W

RoadRunner
Distributor for Striker Heads

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 07:04:41 PM »

Sounds like a great time....
Add hp by upgrading to better heads.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea