The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 09:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 826 Members
Latest Member: scottyv10
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Vendor Area  |  Viper Specialty Performance  |  VS-X700 Gen-3 to Gen-4 Engine Conversion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VS-X700 Gen-3 to Gen-4 Engine Conversion  (Read 4212 times)
Viper Specialty
Perfection. That is our only requirement.

Viper Specialty Performance - HOME
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »

For those who have missed Nader's thread over on the ViperClub website, this is a quick run-down of the Gen-4 Conversion we offer called the VS-X700. Tom's package is a fully outfitted VS-X700 running the "torque" version Camshaft, Gen-4 Coil On Plug conversion, Gen-4 Oil Pan Upgrade, Ported Manifold, Billet Fuel Rails, and a full appearance package from top to bottom.

Before anyone asks, these are NOT Mopar packages- these are our version of the conversion package, and are far more thoroughly integrated with much more to offer option wise, and offer far more from an aesthetic standpoint.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:45:50 AM by Viper Specialty » Logged
Dan Lesser, Owner
Viper Specialty Performance
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
acrvprc

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:39:01 PM »

Dan, looks great!  What kind of hp and trq is this making?  THX  Mike
Viper Specialty

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 05:17:48 PM »

It is not yet complete and run on the dyno yet, but expected to be ~600 to the wheels with this cam, or roughly 700 crank.
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
Viper Specialty

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 06:43:28 PM »

Updated again...
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
Viper Specialty

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »

And that folks, is how we do that  :D
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
Black Moon

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »

Beautiful work as always.
Viper Specialty

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 07:59:46 AM »

Well, the numbers are in!

This car just put down to the wheels: 613.5 HP, 589 Ft/Lbs. Peak Power was made at 5950 RPM, and Peak Torque at 5100 RPM.

As noted earlier in the thread, this was built with zero-compromise on the low-end and driveability, that was a primary stipulation. Boy... did it deliver. The car sounds incredible, drives as well as stock, makes just shy of 500 Ft/Lbs at 1500 RPM, still cranks out a hair over 700 crank horsepower... and I don't have to tell anyone how good it looks.

Personally, I think this car is just about at the limit of NA horsepower before you start to give up something somewhere else, be it low end torque, idle quality, surging, lack of vacuum, etc. There is of course middle ground that can satisfy most people before getting to the point of "extreme", but I know where Tom is coming from on this one. I have another car here right now as well that has a camshaft about 4 degrees larger on in/ex, and 1 degree less LSA, and it is definitely a different animal in the driveability department.

EDIT: Since a few have asked elsewhere, it is also worth noting that;
-This package is absolutely 640-660 RWHP capable with an alternate camshaft, for those who are willing to make a few sacrifices in the name of peak power.
-This car was Dyno'd HOT. No cold dyno run cheating, manifold icing, or any of that stuff. Every pull was done with a heat soaked engine at 190+ coolant temp.
-These heads are NOT ported if you missed it earlier in the thread.

Overall, I think my final conclusion is that there may be a card game, or a fight to the death over whether or not Tom gets this car back. I want to keep this one.
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 08:26:10 AM »

:D  Very pretty Dan.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
CaptnCrash

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 09:59:19 AM »

Well, the numbers are in!

This car just put down to the wheels: 613.5 HP, 589 Ft/Lbs. Peak Power was made at 5950 RPM, and Peak Torque at 5100 RPM.

As noted earlier in the thread, this was built with zero-compromise on the low-end and driveability, that was a primary stipulation. Boy... did it deliver. The car sounds incredible, drives as well as stock, makes just shy of 500 Ft/Lbs at 1500 RPM, still cranks out a hair over 700 crank horsepower... and I don't have to tell anyone how good it looks.

Personally, I think this car is just about at the limit of NA horsepower before you start to give up something somewhere else, be it low end torque, idle quality, surging, lack of vacuum, etc. There is of course middle ground that can satisfy most people before getting to the point of "extreme", but I know where Tom is coming from on this one. I have another car here right now as well that has a camshaft about 4 degrees larger on in/ex, and 1 degree less LSA, and it is definitely a different animal in the driveability department.

EDIT: Since a few have asked elsewhere, it is also worth noting that;
-This package is absolutely 640-660 RWHP capable with an alternate camshaft, for those who are willing to make a few sacrifices in the name of peak power.
-This car was Dyno'd HOT. No cold dyno run cheating, manifold icing, or any of that stuff. Every pull was done with a heat soaked engine at 190+ coolant temp.
-These heads are NOT ported if you missed it earlier in the thread.

Overall, I think my final conclusion is that there may be a card game, or a fight to the death over whether or not Tom gets this car back. I want to keep this one.

Dan:  Would porting the heads make a significant difference?  Did Toms build have CATS in the exhaust ?  2 / 4 / high flows ?
Viper Specialty

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »

Dan:  Would porting the heads make a significant difference?  Did Toms build have CATS in the exhaust ?  2 / 4 / high flows ?

-Head porting probably would not make much difference without a larger camshaft to back it up. These heads are not maxed out yet on this camshaft selection by a long shot.

-Yes, Toms car does have (1) High-Flow 4" cat per side.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:08:38 AM by Viper Specialty » Logged
Dan Lesser, Owner
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea