The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2018, 08:50:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24611 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Miscellaneous Discussions  |  All Brand Events  |  SSCC/Nevada Open Road Rally
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SSCC/Nevada Open Road Rally  (Read 11131 times)
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2013, 09:59:44 AM »

too bad you didnt leave him for dead in the desert
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2013, 01:05:24 PM »

It was interesting on the way back his car was overheating so we pulled into a gas station and went over everything.  He was down a little on water so we topped it up.  We showed him how to check the coolant in the heater and it didn't have any.  But we had the rad cap off his car within 4 or 5 min so I took some "mirror effect pictures" which looked good.  He had 23,000mi on his 2001 ACR and later it turned out that he had an ORIGINAL waterpump.  Thought that all of them had been replaced under warranty or failure before 20K mileage on that bad batch of waterpumps.  He replaced it at home.  The impellor shaft separated from the impellor causing intermitten high temps.  I told him then that I assumed that his waterpump had been changed from the factory 'bad ones". 

Few weeks later he was pissed at me for not telling him that the 2001s mostly came with bad wps ... I did tell him.  But his was the first one that I've seen that wasn't replaced and failed.  Mine was replaced at 10K because Macedo Motorsports worked on the engine.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea