The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2018, 09:22:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24609 Posts in 1932 Topics by 813 Members
Latest Member: neil
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  ACR Engine Build
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ACR Engine Build  (Read 38285 times)
BADACR

Currently.... waiting on a motor!

« on: June 14, 2012, 11:28:18 AM »

Well, we started the process of pulling the engine out of my ACR this week.
My friend Ron Miller in Calgary will be doing the build on it by the sounds of it. He's the "worlds fastest srt10" and major viper enthusiest/builder, and Canadian Stryker reseller.
Going to do a full build, billet mains, forged rods (haven't decided on H Beam or I beam yet, I beam is double the price, but good for up to 180hp per cylinder...).
Blower pistons, custom grind blower cam, slow bleed lifters, hardened pushrods, beehive springs, roller rockers and maybe even stryker heads, or just have Ron do his magic with my existing heads.
I can get a 13psi paxton pulley, so likely will be running 10-13 psi on the new build. It should be a very nasty car when done, but it's parked for the year, hopefully have it ready for summer 2013.
I will keep you posted with progress as things move along!
Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »

Sounds like a fun build.
Dirtysocks in Ontario is selling his fully built motor for $11,000.
It has 3 dyno pulls on it. Thought I would at least mention it.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 08:06:58 PM »

???  Why is he selling his engine?  What happened to his big hp single turbo build?  Didn't work out for him?

I'm looking forward to another big power Viper in Western Canada.  Getting to be a few around now.  The only other one I know is Don Campbell's 950whp Paxton, but he told me that he detuned it to about 750-800whp I think. 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
jtin

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 04:37:56 AM »

He is parting out the entire car.  If you need some parts he is a great guy to deal with.  More money this way than selling the car I guess.  I did see his car looked fairly complete at one point. Big single in front of the fan. Looked completely different.   
BADACR

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 08:16:48 AM »

Very Cool!
We are doing some pretty extensive mods to my engine so it will be built exactly the way we want it.
I'm curious what mods are done to the fellow in Ontario's engine?
I was going to disable the nitrous on my car for safety, but instead we are doing Billet I beam con-rods instead of the Forged units, so the bottom end will be built for approx 1800hp.
I would like to get 1khp without nitrous, but we will see. I'm eager to see the difference the Stryker package will make!! They look so awesome, let alone adding 150hp over my stock heads!
Paxton blown ACR
BADACR

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 08:21:45 AM »

I got the paxton out, intercooler out, intake manifold is off, headers unhooked. Just need to unhook the starter and any other hoses/sensors that may be hiding on me, then yanking the engine/trans out as one piece.
Anybody know if there's room to pull it all with the rad in place, or does it need to come out first?
I have a crane and engine leveler.
Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 08:24:07 AM »

His engine has Carrilo rods, coated pistons , billet mains, ported stock heads , roller rockers , custom gen 3 intake.    Looks like a decent motor to me. It's advertised on the viperalley.  Again it's a complete part out as far as the car goes.
I would also love a set of strykers but the cost of them keeps me away.  
jtin

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 08:28:24 AM »

I did mine as one piece.  A leveler is a must.  The intake does make it tight.  But when I did mine I also had the roe on there.  U may also need to put the car up on blocks to prevent the tail housing of the tranny stopping you from tilting the engine steep enough during removal.
BADACR

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 08:31:18 AM »

Thanks Joel!
I already have the intake manifold off, car is up 1 foot on the front. Does the radiator need to come out, or should it sneak past?
Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 08:36:24 AM »

I never took mine out.  Don't remember it even being tight in that area.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:13:09 PM by jtin » Logged
BADACR

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 08:39:39 AM »

Thats great! I'm on the home stretch now then!
Engine and trans mounts and see what she says.. I have to drop the tranny back off in Edmonton as it's worse now than before the complete build on it.
Then off to Calgary to drop the engine off with Ron Miller (canadian Stryker rep and viper master!)
He figures a 3-4 month turnaround, but it's going to be fully balanced, file fit piston rings etc. It will be perfect when I get it back!
Paxton blown ACR
Viper Specialty
Perfection. That is our only requirement.

Viper Specialty Performance - HOME
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 05:00:13 PM »

If you have any issues or want a second opinion, we always have room for another engine build, and offer several standard build options depending on your goals. We have several options that nobody else offers. We can turn around even most top level builds in as little as 30 days with expediting [pending custom part manufacturer approval]
Dan Lesser, Owner
Viper Specialty Performance
Perfection. That is our only requirement.
www.ViperSpecialty.com
(716) 912-5336
BADACR

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 09:00:56 AM »

Hi Dan,
I appreciate that!
I have committed to taking my engine to Ron Miller in Calgary. Hes a friend and awesome builder. Also the Stryker heads distributor, which we are going to be installing as well.
It's not too far from where we live, and we also have family in Calgary to stay the night at so works out well.
Thanks again!
Paxton blown ACR
BADACR

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 10:24:28 AM »

Can anybody confirm if the bolts that hold the intake manifold to the heads are strong enough to pull from at four points on the heads to pull engine/trans out together?
if not, does a lifting plate need to be built or is there another spot that is the best for lifting at?
Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 10:30:16 AM »

When I pulled mine out I used the power steering bolts on the sides of the head.  The intake bolts are small and personally I don't recommend them. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea