The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 01:38:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 842 Members
Latest Member: XEvilBestSaw
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  ACR Engine Build
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ACR Engine Build  (Read 40280 times)
jtin

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 04:32:05 PM »

Those look like creampuff pistons?
I know all to well the feeling of this. Amazing what a little detonation can do.
BADACR

Currently.... waiting on a motor!

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »

Yessir! Stock 2000 pistons!
Paxton blown ACR
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »

Wow..."..
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2013, 09:24:45 PM »

804whp on Nitrous with a stock engine. 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2013, 09:43:23 PM »

That will do it
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
BADACR

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 08:30:52 AM »

Pretty minor damage in my opinion. I thought this was lucky!
Unlucky if you count the list of everything else that the car has required, but lucky in terms of being able to get it going with a gasket set and a new slug (if I wasn't beefing it up)
Paxton blown ACR
BADACR

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2013, 05:13:14 PM »

Just a quick update!
We dropped the engine off at the machine shop yesterday. They are going to be installing the new K1 Rods, and custom coated wiseco pistons.
I have Tony from JTSVP working on a custom grind cam that will be NASTY!
Slow bleed lifters, 1.7 ratio T&D rockers, new valve springs and a port and polish on the heads.
a 12psi pulley, and new tuning from Torrie at Unleashed Tuning and I might hear this beast run in 4-6 weeks!!! Getting excited now, other than we will likely have snow by then...
Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »

Sounds like a nice complete package.
BADACR

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »

Yes, there are more minor details (timing set, aftermarket harmonic balancer, hardened pushrods, titanium retainers, TNT total seal file fit rings).
I am very excited, it's been a long overdue project to get back on the road and kick my Vette buddies asses!
Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 06:05:34 PM »

I can't stress enough to look into rod bearing issues on these car. The more I've been looking into it, the more failures I see. Even gen 4's are falling.

I'm gonna be checking mine out within the next month. I'm pretty sure they will be wore out even after some of the mods I have done.  We shall see I guess.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »

Order the trap door oil pan kit from JonB right away.  Only takes about 15 min to install it.

Your ACR has an oil pressure bypass relief valve that Joel, John and I are looking for - Only came on ACRs  ...

Tell your engine builder to use Gen 4 bearings and machine the block as shown on this site.  Joel`crankshaft mod can be done in a couple hours and should make a difference as well. 

Who`s porting your heads?   Switch to Beehive valve springs.  Align hone your intake manifold for another 20-35whp (about $250).

Glad it`s finally happening.  Diamond or Ross forged pistons?

I have the new Total seal custom made ring set for std size forged pistons and will be sending them back unless you can use them.  Custom ordered for supercharger with stepped ring.  Also have a set of .15`raidial wall thickness Hastings rings new.

If you get desperate when assembling I do have a spare intake and exhaust gaskets and a set of head gaskets on my shelf.  If you use them you`ll need to replace them though  (My in stock parts).
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
BADACR

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 08:33:06 PM »

I can't stress enough to look into rod bearing issues on these car. The more I've been looking into it, the more failures I see. Even gen 4's are falling.

I'm gonna be checking mine out within the next month. I'm pretty sure they will be wore out even after some of the mods I have done.  We shall see I guess.

What is required for this Joel?
Paxton blown ACR
BADACR

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 08:38:27 PM »

I was looking into the gen 4 oilpan conversion. It's a higher capacity setup.
What is the advantage to using gen 4 bearings instead of what the engine "should" have?
The engine shop is porting the heads, they have a guy there, fully CNC certified etc.
The springs will be recommended by Tony, for what is required for the custom cam with .601 lift. The car already has "double" springs in it similar to the upgraded Roe springs we put in my SRT10. But I don't think they will handle that high of lift, so will get changed regardless.
I didn't want diamond pistons, I requested Wiseco pistons, that have the special coating on the skirts, and on the tops specific for boost and nitrous.
The rings are also special TNT rings as mentioned, for boost and nitrous. They also have a specific orientation for the same use.
The only concern, is the slow bleed lifters are hard to get right now, sean had 10 on the shelf I think, tony only had a few. A set of aftermarket race lifters are going to cost about 800-1000 bucks if I can't find mopar slow bleed. Either way, it needs done.
Getting excited, and really curious what it will put down for power with over double the boost, and a fully built motor.
Order the trap door oil pan kit from JonB right away.  Only takes about 15 min to install it.

Your ACR has an oil pressure bypass relief valve that Joel, John and I are looking for - Only came on ACRs  ...

Tell your engine builder to use Gen 4 bearings and machine the block as shown on this site.  Joel`crankshaft mod can be done in a couple hours and should make a difference as well. 

Who`s porting your heads?   Switch to Beehive valve springs.  Align hone your intake manifold for another 20-35whp (about $250).

Glad it`s finally happening.  Diamond or Ross forged pistons?

I have the new Total seal custom made ring set for std size forged pistons and will be sending them back unless you can use them.  Custom ordered for supercharger with stepped ring.  Also have a set of .15`raidial wall thickness Hastings rings new.

If you get desperate when assembling I do have a spare intake and exhaust gaskets and a set of head gaskets on my shelf.  If you use them you`ll need to replace them though  (My in stock parts).
Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 08:49:05 PM »

You only need the gen 4 bearings if you do the gen4 block mod. Pic are on this site under the how to.

I have some used slow bleeds that I changed out last year just because. I'm sure they are still good.
BADACR

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 08:56:30 PM »

You only need the gen 4 bearings if you do the gen4 block mod. Pic are on this site under the how to.

I have some used slow bleeds that I changed out last year just because. I'm sure they are still good.

Thanks Joel. The block mod is worth the time/money to do? It helps in oiling, or whats the scoop?
Paxton blown ACR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea