The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 07:40:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24609 Posts in 1932 Topics by 812 Members
Latest Member: Viper364
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  ACR Engine Build
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ACR Engine Build  (Read 37650 times)
BADACR

Currently.... waiting on a motor!

« Reply #345 on: September 30, 2014, 08:00:34 AM »

Hey Guys,
It's been over a month since my last update I see!
Things are quiet around here, I figured I better stir things up a bit haha

So we got the car running, have put 1500 miles on the new engine, aside from a few minor setbacks things are coming along well!
We had a burnt plug wire, and a failed coil, so ordered JTSVP screamin demon coils, and the 10mm plug wires. It definitely was not hitting on all 10 before, but sounds much better now.

We strapped the car to a dyno last week, and the engine is VERY healthy to say the least. I now have a fuel system issue that I will be addressing in terms of ripping out the Paxton "split second" box, FMU, and piggyback fuel pumps.
I will be installing a drop in twin or triple in tank set up, -10 and -8 lines to and from the engine, new top feed rails and long snout injectors, a regulator and a return to tank setup.

Anyways, the car ABRUPTLY ran out of fuel at 4500rpm and 5psi of boost. However, at 4500 rpm, it layed down a respectable 740rwhp and 760rwtrq at only 5 psi WHILE smoking the tires on the dyno. If it wasn't boiling tires on the rollers, I'm sure it would have been sitting closer to the 800 mark.
So we are set up for 15 psi, and only making 5 psi, and engine will peak about 6300-6500 and we are only spinning to 4500 rpm.
Looking at the graph, I should see about 1150rwhp at 15psi / 6300 rpm in my humble opinion and my tuner agreed 100% with me.
This is WITHOUT the nitrous system that is in the car.

I have ordered an upgraded BOV for the intercooler, and have started designing a trunk mounted tank with a big pump and 1" lines to replace the factory Paxton air to water setup. With a new heat exchanger in the front, and a big ice box in the back, along with a fuel system rated for 1500hp I think the ACR will be one nasty lil beast of a car.

Joel, you may want to start stocking 6 transmissions and at least 3 rearends for when I come race with you in PG haha

Mornings are about 5 degrees celcius here lately, so it won't be long before the car is parked, which means tear it down to do more mods over the 7 month winter.

We are racing in Castrol in Edmonton Oct 11 and 13th, I just have to shortshift the car at 4500 rpm. I think if I can sneak a good launch, I should see a high 10 second time if nothing lets go.
Will keep you all posted next weekend after we have some timeslips in the glovebox.
Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #346 on: September 30, 2014, 08:12:15 AM »

Man , that's some great numbers Sheldon.
If you come to pg I'm sure we can make sure your car makes it back home :)

Looks like I need to find more power myself lmao. 
BADACR

« Reply #347 on: September 30, 2014, 08:33:13 AM »

Thanks Joel!
The friend that owns the dyno has a very impressive collection of supercharged fords. His 2014 5.0 mustang with a Paxton runs consistent 10.80's at 130+ on 609rwhp/580rwtq.
His 2013 GT500 runs 10.02 at 140'ish at 750rwhp.
He also has two ford lightning trucks running 11's at 650+rwhp.
I think if I can shift fast enough I will still get to take home a 10 second time slip (that was my only goal all summer!)

Joel, I'd like to have you and Ted come stay with us for a weekend next summer and do some racing at Castrol if you are game for a road trip. That is a beautiful track, and you guys will see much better numbers than P.G I'm sure.

I cannot imaging how insane your car would be if you turned the boost back up to 18psi! That automatic transmission and a solid rearend would be in your future!

Man , that's some great numbers Sheldon.
If you come to pg I'm sure we can make sure your car makes it back home :)

Looks like I need to find more power myself lmao.
Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #348 on: September 30, 2014, 08:57:43 AM »

I would be game for that for sure. As long as car could be ready in time.

Auto and DSS rear is in the plans for sure. When is another question.
See what the budget looks like around Xmas time.
BADACR

« Reply #349 on: September 30, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »

Sounds awesome! Would be cool rolling into town in a few 1000+hp rides!
Paxton blown ACR
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #350 on: October 04, 2014, 07:53:07 PM »

Looking better Sheldon.  10 should be a piece of cake as I'm thinking their times are factored?  If WE'RE LUCKY we might be able to convince Cote to bring his VS Viper and come along.

My primary focus will be the TT to the salt flats. I need to change over to water over air inter-coolers, redesign my air filter system,  fix my clutch, freshen the engine
, decide if I'm going to upgrade my heads to the unfinished GTS heads (after finishing), and tow my car to Oregon for installation help and tuning the Motec.  I need to add
a dash controller for boost as the power goes insane at 4500 rpm so I need adjustability.

I'm hoping to add another fuel system and finish the Nitrous system in the Roe Viper (unless I damaged a cylinder last year).

Where is the Castro track?  Is that the one at Leduc?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
BADACR

« Reply #351 on: October 06, 2014, 01:05:10 PM »

Hey Ted.
Who is Cote? Or do you mean Clint (C-Note?)

You have a lot of mods ahead like me! Never ending it seems, but good to have a project.

Castrol is just on the south end of Edmonton not far from the airport (Leduc is a suburb close by).

I found the equipment list you provided when I purchased the car from you Ted. It shows on the list that it has a Walbro 255lph in tank fuel pump. Do you know if that was verified by macedo?
It also shows that it has Unitrax 800HP axles, and a Carbon fibre spoiler so just wanted to confirm fuel pump before ordering, or dropping the fuel tank to visually inspect for part numbers on the pump.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Sheldon

Looking better Sheldon.  10 should be a piece of cake as I'm thinking their times are factored?  If WE'RE LUCKY we might be able to convince Cote to bring his VS Viper and come along.

My primary focus will be the TT to the salt flats. I need to change over to water over air inter-coolers, redesign my air filter system,  fix my clutch, freshen the engine
, decide if I'm going to upgrade my heads to the unfinished GTS heads (after finishing), and tow my car to Oregon for installation help and tuning the Motec.  I need to add
a dash controller for boost as the power goes insane at 4500 rpm so I need adjustability.

I'm hoping to add another fuel system and finish the Nitrous system in the Roe Viper (unless I damaged a cylinder last year).

Where is the Castro track?  Is that the one at Leduc?
Paxton blown ACR
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #352 on: October 06, 2014, 07:15:37 PM »

Your axleS look exactly the same as my 800 hp Unitrax axles.  They should be Unitrax, since they aren't busted.  Mine had a twisted spline and stock apparently
lasts for 1 or 2 clutch drops.  Your 750 is hp is enough to bust Unitrax axles though so you need to upgrade even those.

Sorry, about that, honest mistake.
At that time I thought only Hennessey made the Venom spoiler.  Don't know when Auto form started building the fiberglass replicas.  Yours looks exactly the same as my Hennessey one. 
Trade you if you want?

Yes, Larry confirmed that the car had the 255 Walbro pump.  Stock probably never would have supplied enough fuel for a single Nitrous pass.  My Sapphire Walbro pump got a plugged
pre-filter last summer and I replaced it with the one I bought for my Nitrous system.  Recommend you run 2 Walbro.   They're cheap buy two.  Joel has a boost switch turn on his 2 & #3
pumps at boost.  You could do that with a Hobbs switch?  Joel has his A E M module switch them on.  Think he wrote a How To thread?  He used an RSI pump holder.

The fuel pump is accessed from the hatch.  Pull the top carpet back and drill out the rivets to see the fuel tank 'lid'.

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
BADACR

« Reply #353 on: October 06, 2014, 07:54:00 PM »

Hey Ted,
No, I don't care one bit about the spoiler to be honest, it made no difference. My only concern was knowing for sure what was in the car before I order parts for my fuel system. If it already had dual 255's, I would hate to order a new set of 255's if you know what I mean.
I'm thinking twin 355's or twin 400's. Waiting to hear back from Sean.

Took the car out for a spin tonight, practiced a few launches (3000 rpm), and shortshifting at 4500 rpm. Pulls hard still (740rwhp), but I don't know if I will run it at the track this Saturday now. It will be too tempting to want to redline it, and the risk of damage is too high at this point to play around...

Looking forward to getting everything sorted, and ready to go. Probably start stocking axles, diffs and a tranny just like I stock parts for out sleds for the Monday after our mountain trips lol.
Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #354 on: October 06, 2014, 08:30:23 PM »

Hey Sheldon if your running 3 walbro's 255 right now.  That's a of 765. That shouldn't even blink for 1000 hp. I think your problem is in your line size and filters , pickups , ect ect.

Triple in tank cleans thing up for sure. But I don't think your problem is in the pump department.
If I did it again I'd go twin 400's. They weren't available when I did my set up. They are also e85 compatible for the e85 guys out their.
BADACR

« Reply #355 on: October 06, 2014, 08:41:14 PM »

Hi Joel,
Yes, that's what I requested was twin 400's, but waiting to hear back still.
That along with changing lines as well. I was intending in doing -10 lines, but -8 appears to be as large as guys are using, and the restriction once again will be at the rails. I requested a set of top feed rails and long snout injectors.
Know anyone that might need 69# injectors to fit factory gen 2 manifold?

Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #356 on: October 06, 2014, 08:47:52 PM »

I don't.

I do have rails.  Not sure if I want to sell them though.
I use to run -8 to twin -6 at the rails with -6 return.

Last year I went -10 to twin -8 to rails with -6 return.
BADACR

« Reply #357 on: October 07, 2014, 08:09:12 AM »

-10 would be the way to roll for sure, other than inside diameter of the rails is closer to a -8. At that point, at least the fuel is at the motor, instead of closer to the tank so would still be beneficial.
Buddies Z06 I told you about that he just had built ran a 10.64 with a missed 3rd gear shift, and the next run he rolled through a 10.50 and blew the belt off the blower halfway down the track. Excited to see him get his 9 second pass this Saturday!

I don't.

I do have rails.  Not sure if I want to sell them though.
I use to run -8 to twin -6 at the rails with -6 return.

Last year I went -10 to twin -8 to rails with -6 return.
Paxton blown ACR
jtin

« Reply #358 on: October 07, 2014, 11:56:48 AM »

Those are some great times. 

The rails are -8
So single -10 to a Y with with twin -8 is the proper way to go.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #359 on: October 07, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »

Your car made 800 who with what it had.  Stock fuel can do 750 because of the S'S and extra twin fuel pumps.  The twin fuel pumps and stock make 60whp easy,
but the fuel pressure goes to 100 psi I was told.  You got A Walbro for the Nitrous (same as the Walbro in my Roe).

When upgrading the lines the pumps need to be done as well.  Single Walbro works up to 750 hp even without dual extra pumps.  Using wrinkle slicks requires more pump
because of the acceleration.  I ran out of fuel once when I upgraded a car to slicks
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea