The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 07:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24609 Posts in 1932 Topics by 812 Members
Latest Member: Viper364
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  ACR Engine Build
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ACR Engine Build  (Read 37651 times)
BADACR

Currently.... waiting on a motor!

« Reply #360 on: October 07, 2014, 03:28:30 PM »

Hey ted,
Yes, a couple replies up I mentioned that I requested dual 400LPH pumps for in tank. The Paxton junk will be promptly put in the dumpster once those arrive.
I was test-launching on the streets last night around 3000rpm, slipping the clutch to keep wheel spin down, and it was actually coming out of the hole ok. Would love to feel a 5000rpm launch on slicks at the track, but will have to wait for next summer haha

I assume there is a restriction, or plugged filter. My new fuel filter arrived and it was packaged wrong, so I won't be able to try that before I run down the track on Saturday.

It has been tested and proved that a gen 3 style 255LPH pump with a boost-a-pump on it will support 850rwhp. Risky in my opinion. I will built a proper system to handle 1200+ and not have to worry about it. Looking forward to the next dyno run :)

Your car made 800 who with what it had.  Stock fuel can do 750 because of the S'S and extra twin fuel pumps.  The twin fuel pumps and stock make 60whp easy,
but the fuel pressure goes to 100 psi I was told.  You got A Walbro for the Nitrous (same as the Walbro in my Roe).

When upgrading the lines the pumps need to be done as well.  Single Walbro works up to 750 hp even without dual extra pumps.  Using wrinkle slicks requires more pump
because of the acceleration.  I ran out of fuel once when I upgraded a car to slicks
Paxton blown ACR
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #361 on: October 08, 2014, 09:15:38 AM »

My Roe has 1 Walbro and a MSD BAP.  Top feed injectors and stock e en thing else. 

My TT has triple Walbro and larger braided lines, different filter and Top feed in.   Fuel pressure regarding and Guage at front of engine.
Mt Stealth has BAP and a 3rd injection system.  Plum crazy had 2 (or 4?)  extra injectors   in his Paxton car, built by Dan Lessor.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Adrnln

beat on it like its your little brother !

« Reply #362 on: October 11, 2014, 08:23:38 AM »

Sheldon
 Good luck at the track this weekend , if I was in town I would have come to watch .
Let us know how you do !
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #363 on: October 11, 2014, 11:27:05 PM »

The Vette blew the trans or driveline and Sheldon had some problems but did make a couple of 11.5 sec passes.  He mentioned a 128mph pass before his transmission packed it in.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Adrnln

« Reply #364 on: October 12, 2014, 03:54:08 PM »

11.50 s first time out , That's great !
 I am sure he will shave a ton of time off with a little tweaking , I would also think that the track prep was not great as track surface temp will be way down at this time of year .
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #365 on: October 13, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »

Sheldon had new MT drag radials and it was at Castrol so I would assume that the track should have been as good as it gets?  Being an event a factor should have been applied?

His problem is the 5000rpm limit and 740rwhp because his fuel system is Walbro in a stock system using Paxton dual pumps and it leans out.  He's ordered new pumps and lines to solve the fuel issue.  He may have the same issue that Joel's 2000 pickup and my 2001 GTS had with our new 'modern' fuel dissolving the fuel guage float (I'm guessing that's what was plugging my in tank filter) and plugging the prefilter.  It can only go faster!

BADACR

« Reply #366 on: October 14, 2014, 08:52:49 AM »

Hey Darryl,
Thanks for the good luck, I never saw it in time!
We had a blast out there, and I now have full on race fever. I have street raced for 15 years, and never been to a track up until the weekend. So much fun!!!
I am limited to 4500rpm shifts. The car made 740rwhp and 760rwtq at 4500rpm and 5 psi. So that's what I worked with. I accidentally hit 5000rpm the one shift (it comes up fairly quickly).
I am redoing the entire fuel system, and building a trunk mounted, ice box chiller setup for my air to water intercooler. Trying to get my hands on a race BOV as well. They were backordered last I tried to get one (I should be seeing 15 psi, but only getting 5 on the dyno).

At the track, I didn't know where to stop, so I let off at the 1000' mark on each run, and trans wouldn't NOT go into 2nd gear on the one pass that I pulled until the 1320.
Instead of shifting into 4th gear, I would clutch and put it into neutral at the 1000' mark, and coast through to an 11.50 at 128mph the 2 decent runs I made. That and shifting at 4500-4800rpm.
My 4th run, I did a big burnout, and was going to launch hard, and give it a bit more aggressive shifting (let a/f hit 12:1 then shift) and when I got my green light I dumped the clutch and BOOOOM, followed by grinding/banging.
That was going to be a 10 second run for sure....

My racing buddy Harley (other half of "Team Red" haha) did a huge nasty burnout on his first run, staged and set his 2 step launch control at 4500rpm and exploded either his trans or a driveline. The girl was picking up big chunks of aluminum haha.
That's a 700rwhp z06 and it was running 10.42 last Saturday without the no lift WOT box. Very fast, very fun car.

11.50 s first time out , That's great !
 I am sure he will shave a ton of time off with a little tweaking , I would also think that the track prep was not great as track surface temp will be way down at this time of year .
Paxton blown ACR
Adrnln

« Reply #367 on: October 14, 2014, 06:31:10 PM »

11:50 s and coasting last 320 feet !
 You and Jtin may be jostling for quickest street Viper in the west next season , Great work !
 I have a spare low mile tranny if you are looking for one ?
BADACR

« Reply #368 on: October 14, 2014, 07:54:20 PM »

And 4500rpm shifts lol. Motor should be good for 6500rpm shifts once I get some proper fuel there. And did I mention tuned on 91 octane and only seeing 3psi on my guage?  Race gas tune, 15 psi, and 6500 we should really see some broken parts!
In all honesty though, I'm sure Joel would be getting put into the "heavy hitter" lane at Castrol if he came. Knocking on the 8 second quarter-miles door! They were prepped very well, almost step out of your shoes on the track.

I am about near my limit for spending on the viper for this season, but yes I might be interested in the spare trans closer to spring. What kind of dollars are you needing out of it? Any upgrades done?

I saw a cool picture Greg put on facebook of your guys with your matching gen 2 vipers! Pretty cool!

11:50 s and coasting last 320 feet !
 You and Jtin may be jostling for quickest street Viper in the west next season , Great work !
 I have a spare low mile tranny if you are looking for one ?
Paxton blown ACR
Adrnln

« Reply #369 on: October 17, 2014, 08:12:44 PM »

You've got a lot more power to use yet , next year should be interesting indeed !
Keep us up to date of your upgrades , and I will be sure to make it out to the track here to see you run in the spring .
How are your engine temps with the Evans coolant after a pass at the track ?
BADACR

« Reply #370 on: October 19, 2014, 07:22:41 PM »

Agreed!
Working with RSI on a new fuel system as we speak. Sean Roe doesn't have any stock currently, and recommended talking to Will at rsi. I have heard some of the rumours, but he has been very quick to respond and help so far.

I also spoke to DSS, and their upgrade may be too pricey for me to do, so am looking at an OS Giken rear along with 1500hp axles from RSI. I pressure washed the underside of the car today, so it will be dry and ready to pull the diff out this coming week to assess the damage.

The Evans coolant definitely runs hotter than glycol, which adversely affects my cars performance in town. A couple laps down our main drag, and the car is heat soaked with coolant temps reaching 218 degrees. I take it out on the highway, and it will cool down to 180 and perform like it should.
I had Torrie adjust the tune based on that information, which did help a bit, but it still gets hotter than I would like.
I had a lengthy talk with Jim Heppner on this, and he tells me  the heat is a good thing and I don't want it to run any cooler... but if we can't tune around it and the car runs like crap I need better cooling system to accommodate this.
Joel offered me his used ROE radiator, which I will hopefully be able to buy over the winter along with fuel system, race BOV, rearend etc.

You've got a lot more power to use yet , next year should be interesting indeed !
Keep us up to date of your upgrades , and I will be sure to make it out to the track here to see you run in the spring .
How are your engine temps with the Evans coolant after a pass at the track ?
Paxton blown ACR
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #371 on: January 24, 2015, 10:42:54 PM »

The stock rad is good unless you run the hot climates like Vegas, Arizona Florida or Texas (over 100F).  Joel has his alum rad for sale now at a price that is about half what you'd pay buying direct ...

Gen 3 pump is still 207lph I was told.  Walbro is $130 .  New filter is always a good idea.  When you go to a larger fuel line diameter is when you really need a LOT more pump in your car.  I think I'll need to use 2 Walbros and build a better pump mounting system in my tank for spring.

Something interesting is when I fired up my TT GTS last spring the braided lines were spraying fuel through the braids.  Racing fuel has exotic toxic chemicals and changing out fuel lines ever few years is a good idea.
Adrnln

« Reply #372 on: February 26, 2015, 07:24:33 PM »

Bad ACR , stock rad is Junk , the reason as I am sure Jim explained that you run hotter with the evans is the heat transfers so much easier to the coolant when compared to any other coolant , a better rad will help you get rid of that heat .
 Will from RSI was very quick to respond to my inquiries on an AEM after Ted recommended him , in fact he called me back after 8 pm when I first inquired and was more than happy to order one for me if he could get my credit card number , after six months of excuses blaming AEM , the post office and George Bush he said it would be in next week , that was 3 years ago and I check the mail every day ,your doesn't return my phone calls very fast ( never ) anymore so Beware of Will from RSI !!!
Better off waiting till someone else has them ,I doubt RSI really does either .
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #373 on: May 31, 2015, 09:13:29 AM »

Actually Adrln, you'll remember that I recommended that you buy MY DC Perf AEM?  I sold it for $2100 to Sweden after you returned it to me.  It's controlling a 1000whp TT GTS in sweden now.

Sheldon good thing you bought Joel's alum Roe Racing rad. 
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea