The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2018, 09:42:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 835 Members
Latest Member: viper007
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  All Other Cars  |  New Supercars  |  Bugatti Veyron SS - on the TRACK
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bugatti Veyron SS - on the TRACK  (Read 1168 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: June 25, 2012, 02:47:30 PM »

At Mojave Mile in California (3800' alt.) Car and Driver magazine brought a "European spec" Veyron.  At $2,650,000 and about the same hp as my TT Viper (1100bhp) I was really interested in how this megamoney car would run at the track in real life.  No magazine sponsored "facts".  This car came with a non-english speaking crew and the "European Spec." seemed to me to bre an excuse for going faster than all the ones that people buy in the states?

The Veyron went 201mph in the standing mile.  Backup passes were 198 and 199mph at the Spaceport of Mojave.  New pavement and the Veyron had 20,000kms on the odo I was told.

I spoke (tried to anyway) to the 'crew' with the Veyron and all I got was that they really love their car and are passionate about their jobs.  Doing what they love and getting paid was the impression I got from them - same one as when I spoke to Ralph Gilles and the SRT design team.

By comparison the Veyron is slow compared to my TT Viper.  My car was revved out at the 5/8 of a mile point on the track and I easily went 215mph.  I did another breakout the next day at 208mph off the throttle trying to go only the allowed >205mph. 

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea