The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 03:37:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 842 Members
Latest Member: XEvilBestSaw
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Vendor Area  |  PartsRack.com  |  Michelin PS2s
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michelin PS2s  (Read 1256 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: June 28, 2012, 03:31:05 PM »

If you want to go faster than 200mph ... street tires are approved to 220mph ONLY if they have ( ) around the Y.  BFG KDW 2s do not have the brackets and are not approved for 200+.

I got a flat with my PS2s last weekend.  Tire shops had to instal a patch.  That patch means the tire isn't safe after 180mph so I needed new tires.  Runnin a mile event in aug I need them Now (that takes a minimium of 2 weeks to 6 weeks if UPS) so I emailed JonB. 

PS2s are discontinued and the SS versions aren't quite as sticky so Jon shopped around for me.  Nowadays  organizations won't allow 6 year old tires on the track so it's important NOT to get 4 year old tires when you buy new tires.  The tech guys go by the manufacturer's date burned into the tires.  JonB found a set that are only 1.5 years old.  Since these tires last me about 3 or 4 years the age is good.

Emailed JonB and yesterday he had the tires shipped from the nearest warehouse.

Thanks Jon
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea