The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2018, 11:13:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24611 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Vendor Area  |  Striker Heads  |  More Striker info
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Striker info  (Read 2520 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: June 30, 2012, 10:34:32 AM »

There is pics and a lot more info on these heads in the Viper Truck forums.  Pics and times are posted there as well as a price of under $8,000 complete.  Head owners have posted reviews in that thread as well.

I have to admit that I am wondering what the hp advantage would be with my 1000+whp TT Gen 2 GTS.  I have JM ported heads with monster cam and Jesel rockers, springs, retainers, etc. already.  The JM porting is the Striker manufacturers porting job on stock Gen 2 heads.  The Striker heads would have the biggest improvement on MY engine because of my big turbos and high horsepower output.  Although the heads do work extremely well on even a stock engine, they work best on a race engine ...

Think they'd improve my 17mpg highway mileage?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
oldcolt

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 08:02:55 AM »

oldcolt

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:03:46 AM »

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:46:14 AM »

:D Beautiful, but I gotta say that I Hate Torx bolts. 

Beehive springs and short shaft rocker assy.  As good as it gets.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RoadRunner
Distributor for Striker Heads

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 06:22:03 PM »

There is pics and a lot more info on these heads in the Viper Truck forums.  Pics and times are posted there as well as a price of under $8,000 complete.  Head owners have posted reviews in that thread as well.

I have to admit that I am wondering what the hp advantage would be with my 1000+whp TT Gen 2 GTS.  I have JM ported heads with monster cam and Jesel rockers, springs, retainers, etc. already.  The JM porting is the Striker manufacturers porting job on stock Gen 2 heads.  The Striker heads would have the biggest improvement on MY engine because of my big turbos and high horsepower output.  Although the heads do work extremely well on even a stock engine, they work best on a race engine ...

Think they'd improve my 17mpg highway mileage?

I am a National Distributor for Strikers. In my findings, the Street Strikers work exceptionally well for either N.A. builds or forced induction applications in a street/strip configuration (for lack of a better term). They provide repeatable power improvements in both useable torque, and horsepower, the engines run cooler and in many cases, mileage goes UP.

Comparing power numbers between the original JM ported O.E.M. heads and Street-Strikers in a 10 p.s.i. application, you would be looking at a 90-100 horsepower difference. That difference would continue to grow as boost climbed and the ported o.e.m. heads became increasingly restrictive.

For your specific application Striker-R heads may be the better choice as they will out-power the Street-Strikers (or any other head out there) in serious build applications such as yours.

Ronnie
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:31:03 PM by RoadRunner » Logged
Add hp by upgrading to better heads.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »

Trades accepted?  I did sent an enquirey to ART and asked what was in the heads.  Porting, OS valves, springs, retainers, etc.  I know it has Jesel rockers.  So I have $5000 worth of heads, springs, rockers etc already.  Only 3,000mi on these heads.   

Porsche guy is planning to buy my supercharged Viper.   I could trade you a set of JM heads and a set of new ported assembled Gen 3 heads for a set of Strykers? 

oldcolt

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 09:16:40 PM »

Trades accepted?  I did sent an enquirey to ART and asked what was in the heads.  Porting, OS valves, springs, retainers, etc.  I know it has Jesel rockers.  So I have $5000 worth of heads, springs, rockers etc already.  Only 3,000mi on these heads.   

Porsche guy is planning to buy my supercharged Viper.   I could trade you a set of JM heads and a set of new ported assembled Gen 3 heads for a set of Strykers? 

The truck guys might be interested in your heads. Are they available now?
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 11:34:40 PM »

The JM ported heads are on my TT GTS   http://vipernation.com/?p=1021  All my plans so far are to attend the racethebase end of August in Cold Lake running 1300whp and do some exotic ass kickin. 

I have a set of Gen 3 heads I've ported and backcut the valves.  I was porting and adapting them for a Gen 2 because of the factory 1.7 rockers, oversized valves, beehive springs etc.  I figured that these heads bolted onto a Gen 2 would add about 100whp or so.  On a stock gen 3 these heads would add about 50whp or more.

But  if I had too much money one day I could be interested in the Striker heads and seeing the difference.  I really don't understand why my engine wouldn't have Striker heads on it already. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea