The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 11:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 821 Members
Latest Member: Jhalo
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Vendor Area  |  Striker Heads  |  Different Strikers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Different Strikers  (Read 3425 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:48:14 AM »

Friend of mine is friends with Jeff Morries (previous owner of Stiker heads) and Kevin Singleton (new owner).  Matter of fact, Kevin is building his engine right now.  He's aiming for the most powerful Gen 2 stock inch normally aspirated Viper engine on the planet.

He mentioned that Jeff and Kevin have worked as an outsource for Chrysler for many years and there was a set of Gen 4 heads sittin on Jeff's bench 2 years before there was any produced ...

He was telling me that there are 3 different sets of ports/CNC programs for the Striker heads.  This explains how Stiker heads could have increased mileage as well as large hp increases.  His engine is using the StikerR heads.  Is there much of a price difference between the various ports/designs?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:20:44 AM by RTTTTed » Logged
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
oldcolt

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 11:53:53 AM »

Do you know where Kevin is working? I had heard he was not with EED anymore. :idk: :idk:
RoadRunner
Distributor for Striker Heads

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 12:01:07 PM »

Friend of mine is friends with Jeff Morries (previous owner of Stiker heads) and Kevin Singleton (new owner).  Matter of fact, Kevin is building his engine right now.  He's aiming for the most powerful Gen 2 stock inch normally aspirated Viper engine on the planet.

He mentioned that Jeff and Kevin have worked as an outsource for Chrysler for many years and there was a set of Gen 4 heads sittin on Jeff's bench 2 years before there was any produced ...

He was telling me that there are 3 different sets of ports/CNC programs for the Striker heads.  This explains how Stiker heads could have increased mileage as well as large hp increases.  His engine is using the StikerR heads.  Is there much of a price difference between the various ports/designs?

Kevin is no longer affiliated with the sale of Strikers.

Strikers are $6995 with rocker assemblies.

Striker-Rs are $8995 and can vary in price with different valve sizes, valve material, seats, springs, retainers, etc.
They are specd' then priced for the application.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:34:10 PM by RoadRunner » Logged
Add hp by upgrading to better heads.
Taillights

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »

Hi Ted, this is my first post on your website. I just got off the phone with exotic engine development.  It's sad but true Kevin Singleton is no longer at EED. He Is now a crew chief and manager of a Pro lite racing truck team. BEST OF LUCK KEVIN! There is good news though. Jim horne is now running the show at the E.E.D. He's the man who's been behind the r&d the whole time. He recently kicked out a gen II motor for superstock racing , 850 Na horsepower,with a ported stock heads ,Stock bore and stroke, And stock throttle bodies. It took him a couple of years, And he blew up some stuff Figuring it out. The other good news Is that E.E.D.is the new owner of striker heads and after taking inventory, Production has started And the first set of striker-R heads will be available next week!!! also he will be selling the stryker street head(320 cfm, same as gen 4) .The pricee on the R -heads will be $9195 with. jesel rocker arms. the R- heads are available and only 1 port configuration. The intakes flow 364 @ .700 Exhaust flow 253 @.700. I asked Jim if I could share  this information with the community and he said go for it. end of story.
RoadRunner

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 12:44:55 PM »

Hi Ted, this is my first post on your website. I just got off the phone with exotic engine development.  It's sad but true Kevin Singleton is no longer at EED. He Is now a crew chief and manager of a Pro lite racing truck team. BEST OF LUCK KEVIN! There is good news though. Jim horne is now running the show at the E.E.D. He's the man who's been behind the r&d the whole time. He recently kicked out a gen II motor for superstock racing , 850 Na horsepower,with a ported stock heads ,Stock bore and stroke, And stock throttle bodies. It took him a couple of years, And he blew up some stuff Figuring it out. The other good news Is that E.E.D.is the new owner of striker heads and after taking inventory, Production has started And the first set of striker-R heads will be available next week!!! also he will be selling the stryker street head(320 cfm, same as gen 4) .The pricee on the R -heads will be $9195 with. jesel rocker arms. the R- heads are available and only 1 port configuration. The intakes flow 364 @ .700 Exhaust flow 253 @.700. I asked Jim if I could share  this information with the community and he said go for it. end of story.

Yes, Jim is a great guy with lots of experience and expertise to help with your performance goals.

Not that peak flow is the only indicator of power production but the Street Strikers are rated at 328 c.f.m.@ 28". The Gen IVs beat them in mid-lift flow, but both are great performing heads.

The Gen IV kit is designed primarily for the Viper cars. It turned into quite an exercise to get them to work on a Viper truck as the wiring harnesses and such, need modifications to make them work. If it is an automatic truck, there is even more work involved.
The cam IS NEEDED to hit the advertised or "up to" claim of 150 horsepower, which is understandable.
The Gen IV kit Intake manifold is vastly superior to the o.e.m. Gen III intake. The Gen III intake can be reworked if it is cut wide open and can provide some decent power improvement numbers. A thermal barrier can also significantly reduce operating temperatures.

It is more cost effective to install Strikers than the Gen IV kit, in our part of the continent.

Ronnie
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:00:46 PM by RoadRunner » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 11:55:52 PM »

Thanks for the update John! 

Road Runner is the Cdn Distributor so I would presume that his prices are Cdn where as the ones you posted are US.

So that would mean that Your engine is being finished by Jim Horne? 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RoadRunner

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 07:37:59 AM »

Thanks for the update John!  

Road Runner is the Cdn Distributor so I would presume that his prices are Cdn where as the ones you posted are US.

There are Strikers flying around on road courses in Australia, Europe, Japan and other countries; so I'm not just dealing with Canadians, eh!

My prices are also in U.S. funds.

Ronnie

PS- ADMINISTRATOR: Can you change my RoadRunner to a Ronnie?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 07:41:36 AM by RoadRunner » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 08:58:10 AM »

I added Striker Distributor to your profile, but I am not allowed to change your name.  In your profile you could add a pic, write a line for the signature etc.   I added Alberta for location, but didn't know what city ... 

oldcolt

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 09:53:45 AM »

I added Striker Distributor to your profile, but I am not allowed to change your name.  In your profile you could add a pic, write a line for the signature etc.   I added Alberta for location, but didn't know what city ... 

Ronnie is in Calgary.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 12:24:50 PM »

Ronnie is everywhere

Hey Buddy
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea