The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2019, 07:04:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24628 Posts in 1941 Topics by 850 Members
Latest Member: Keith
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  All Other Cars  |  SRT vehicles discussion and pics  |  Entered Duster in Rodeo Parade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Entered Duster in Rodeo Parade  (Read 2094 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: July 08, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »

Hooked up battery, aired up one tire and unloaded 440 Duster from trailer.  

Annual (78th) Anahim Lake Rodeo Parade again this year.  Wond cash prize for second place in Commercial display.  Didn't have time to do more than hang a couple signs with Anahim Lake Trading from the trunk and hood latches.  Tiny parade this year!  It was pretty good though.  RCMP wearing Red Serge driving Quads carrying the Stampede sign this year.  We missed "Hometown Boy" Carey Price (NHL Goalie) when he didn't show up this year.  Volunteered as Bartender for the Beer Gardens Fri and Sat this year.

Lowest turnout Rodeo I've seen.  Apparently a very expensive stock handler had a Veterinarian start a rumor that our area had swamp fever and horses were in deadly danger.  All BS of course, and the Gov Vet was really slow repsonding that because 1 horse had died several months ago ... there was No epidemic and the horse contracted the disease last year so there was no danger ... etc.  Gues that these guys should be called "domestic terrorists?"   Hoping that the newspaper will print the truth about the supposed Vette's info that was all lies?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:00:13 AM by RTTTTed » Logged
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 12:38:29 AM »

Hung an Anahim Lake Trading sign from Hood latch and another from trunk latch.  Judges awarded step grandson (Myles) and I second for Commercial Display this year and gave us cash, which we donated back to the Community Assoc.

After the Parade was done, I went to the store and parked there, worked for awhile, then went upstairs to daughter's house and crashed for a few hours.  Woke up and stocked shelves, pop cooler, sliced the fresh bread the wife baked and bagged the Hotdog buns and French Loaves.  Swept and mopped floor, etc.  Finally going home so I shot a couple sunset pics at the store and a few on the drive (13 miles) home.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:54:15 AM by RTTTTed » Logged
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 12:45:42 AM »

Driving home ... Ulkatcho Reserve Hwy 20

At the Dean River bridge (Hwy 20)

nearer to home with the Dean River in the background ...

VIPER BAZ UK

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 02:35:13 AM »

Great shots Ted... Nice car as well..... :goodjob:
Support Tators

2009 1/1 Solid white ACR Hardcore
eucharistos

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 11:01:23 AM »

looks great ted, fun day  :goodjob:

i don't know why you still have that car :headscratch:

i have tried to figure out how to fit it in my garage (no luck yet) and have shown it to several people who were looking for a man toy

glad to see you are still enjoying it, glwts
eucharistos

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 11:06:06 AM »

....Judges awarded step grandson (Myles) and I second for Commercial Display this year and gave us cash, ......

congrats and

.... which we donated back to the Community Assoc.

good man :2thumbsup:
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 11:19:20 AM »

Thanks guys.  I had one guy interested and withn these "modern times" one of his partners took the money and disappeared (not his wife this time) and he's been struggling ever since.  Car is popular, but seems no one has the disposable income nowadays.   :idk:

Like you said, I am enjoying and decided I'll daily drive it for a month or so.  Wife said that several customers commented on the car so maybe it'll be an attractor for our General Store?  I sent some pic in to the regional newspaper and will submit more pics yet.

This was the first year We volunteered to cook the potatoes for the community Steak dinners ($10).  We have an "IN" with The Cattleman's Association and several local ranchers.   :D  The Steaks were probably $12 in a food store and our Rodeo steaks came with dinner!  Our BBQ steak dinners are becoming a reason to attend several of our Anahim Lake events.

I posted a couple pics and (4sale) on SRT's media site.   Maybe that'll get a sale ...

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 01:37:08 PM »

You've heard the RCMP motto ... "We always get out man!"  Sometimes that is true ...  More than enough to catch Me if I was crazy ...   :lol:

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea