The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2018, 07:58:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 842 Members
Latest Member: XEvilBestSaw
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  Viper Trucks  |  SuperTruck Class RtB
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SuperTruck Class RtB  (Read 2422 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: July 26, 2012, 02:10:44 AM »

I was checking out www.racethebase.ca site again.  Seems that they have a Supertruck Class and if all the competitors are pictured in the Gallery ... there are NO SUVs or Trucks at all entered yet. 

Only 2 Viper GTSs and 1 Challenger.  Lots of vettes, Ferraris, MC12, couple of Enzos, 599, the new Ferrari, Avendor and a 1300hp Lambo.  Couple of GTRs, SLS, Jags, and others.  I was tentaviely offered a sponsorship and will look into that more tomorrow. 

I would have expected a modified SRT10 truck to go to RtB and take the prizes (about $5,000?) for Dodge and the Viper guys???

I'm doing my best to get there and spank all the rest of the car for Mopar and Viper guys ... 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
oldcolt

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »

A few people have asked me to go over the last few months. It's is quite expensive for a few runs. I'm fairly confident that I have the fastest NA RC SRT10 in Alberta. :P
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 09:41:54 PM »

I'll bet you do
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 10:37:41 PM »

While reading the sponsor's info it looked like the prize sponsor got to pay $5,000 (or goods?) for first place ...   Maybe I didn't read it close enough but ... 

The entry includes Gormet meals such as bacon wrapped filet mignon, stuffed mushroom caps, etc etc throughout the weekend.  I was expecting a Cyclone of some other modified GM to show.  Maybve a V10 Maseati 4x4?  There are a few Lightnings and other blown Fords out there, but none of them in view.

I emailed and asked about participants as there was only 51 shown in the gallery.  He said that they havn't got the pics up but there's over 73 so far.  Might be some trucks. 

I have to say that when I walked up to the front of NORC/SSCC and overheard people say, "Well it's been a good race for the Dodge and Vipers."  ... well, it just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside    :lol:  I always prefer spanking vettes after my share of Lambos, Ferraris, there's an Ultima, Mercedes SLR, expecting Steve Davenports TT Z06, etc. 

I like beating exotics!!!
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Yellow Venom

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 07:44:30 AM »

When is the race the base event this year ??
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 09:59:17 AM »

Unfortunately, I don't think that there will be another RtB after the problems with the last one. 

All the organization fell apart.  The catered dinner ended up just being Pike and Pikerel BBQ and salad at the officers mess.  The awards banquet money went to the charities and there was no banquet.  A drunk without a license did a brakestand into a Lotus, Ferrari and Lambo.  The awards were to be trophy (just received mine) and 2nd was to receive $3000 worth of gift (armed forces decided to give that money to the charities as well).  With a entry fee over $3000 for a 2 day event there were many people that entered the first RtB (at $1500 fee), but not many at the double price. 

The forces apparently, weren't easy to work with. 
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 10:05:15 AM »

AND ... there was NO trucks of any kind entered so even a Mazda (if allowed) would have won first place.

The event was disappointing in that I didn't have my TT GTS there.  I might have gotten an award but not being comfortable with the massive amount of hp in that car I wouldn't have won the drift or the road race.  I would have been 3 rd fastest (because of my gear ratio) since my car is set up for the half mile.  My TT will run over 180mph+ in a half mile.

I wanted to beat Zahir's World's Fastest Ferrari, Saleen S7 and the Maserati MC12 ... but they weren't there - they were still in Germany get hp upgrades and widebody kits.  I did manage to beat Zahir's 717hp F40 and the S7 in all events including Standing mile though  8)
Yellow Venom

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 09:46:03 PM »

I was checking out www.racethebase.ca site again.  Seems that they have a Supertruck Class and if all the competitors are pictured in the Gallery ... there are NO SUVs or Trucks at all entered yet. 

Only 2 Viper GTSs and 1 Challenger.  Lots of vettes, Ferraris, MC12, couple of Enzos, 599, the new Ferrari, Avendor and a 1300hp Lambo.  Couple of GTRs, SLS, Jags, and others.  I was tentaviely offered a sponsorship and will look into that more tomorrow. 

I would have expected a modified SRT10 truck to go to RtB and take the prizes (about $5,000?) for Dodge and the Viper guys???

I'm doing my best to get there and spank all the rest of the car for Mopar and Viper guys ...

When is this? Im kinda interested!! :2thumbsup:
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 12:11:11 AM »

:idk:  Last August was the last one.

Armed Forces and Private organizer didn't get along and Zahir said that there won't be another one with him involved.

I do have the assistant commander of Greisbach base's email if you'd like to contact him and see if he'd be interested?  He was at Cold Lake and enjoyed himself at the event.  We spent a few hours with him and he loved all of the event.

Yellow Venom

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 10:15:39 PM »

Here's the scoop for the Dyno in Edmonton on June 22nd/23rd.
 Who do I have here that can make it? I need to take deposits ASAP! 
You can call or text me 1-780-203-1165 or email me yellow.venom@hotmail.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea