The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2019, 06:30:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24628 Posts in 1941 Topics by 850 Members
Latest Member: Keith
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  All Other Cars  |  SRT vehicles discussion and pics  |  Dodge/SRT pulls out of NASCAR
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dodge/SRT pulls out of NASCAR  (Read 1353 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: August 07, 2012, 12:06:48 PM »

Announcements made today say that Dodge Motorsports/SRT is ending it's NASCAR season this year (2012).  SRT has posted a Ralph Gilies explanation that Penske terminated their contract and is switching to Ford next year.  Ralph says there isn't enough time to put together a new successful team so they quit, for now.

He apologizes profusely to the fans.

I don't like NASCAR because as soon as you start winning ("Winged Warriors", Hemi, etc.) by adding weight, decreasing the size of the engine's allowed intake opening, etc.  It's all BS to restrict the winners.  Let the losers put out a better effort.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
shooter_t1
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 05:30:39 PM »

Good...More money to fund the GTSR effort. :2thumbsup:
Remember, When Dodge got back into Nascar in 2000...what happened to the Viper racing program.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 05:38:53 PM »

Good...More money to fund the GTSR effort. :2thumbsup:
Remember, When Dodge got back into Nascar in 2000...what happened to the Viper racing program.

Dodge did so good with the Oreca cars they got so much hp restriction (like nascar did to the Hemi) and an added 500# weight to make the car the heaviest on the track and not competitive.   Banning the spoilered cars and restricting the Hemi so badly are the 2 main reasons I don't enjoy Nascar.  At least the pricks in NHRA made a special class for Hemi Cudas and Darts only ... thereby acknowledging that Dodge was the quickest car ever built. 

Racing a GTSR that is slower than the stock streetcar ...  just seems soooooo blase.  "Hey, why you bring a racing 26psi turbo motor and I'll choke off my engine's intake so you can win ... "     You know what I mean?     
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea