The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 09:25:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 826 Members
Latest Member: scottyv10
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Website operations  |  Issues & Feedback  |  So, what happened
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what happened  (Read 4908 times)
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« on: September 03, 2012, 05:57:30 PM »

All the cool stylization was hijacked

Someone issue an Amber Alert
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
CaptnCrash

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 06:17:14 PM »

All the cool stylization was hijacked

Someone issue an Amber Alert

No, I think they just upgraded from a really old version to a new one.  It will probably take some hacking to put the other stuff back.    :D
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 06:38:28 PM »

I know, just couldn't resist... It looks just so ....... plain
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »

Yes, Shep did upgrade to the newest version and that 'broke' the older theme.  Shep will be working on replacing the theme and using the new snake logo. 

Any input you'd like to add?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 07:49:06 PM »

I don't know

Do you need a banner?
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 08:14:04 PM »

I passed it on ...

thanks
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 08:41:40 PM »

Your going to need a clone to deal with the spamming here soon
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 10:38:07 PM »

I think that there is options to erase everyone that joined after 8pm today.  I've removed 5 handbags scum and a couple shoe retards. 

I just need to finish the hose clamps on the Stealth TT and that'll be finished.
uvbnbit
AL/TN VCA President '07-'08,'09-'10 (the good ole days...kinda :D)

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 03:29:43 AM »

Your going to need a clone to deal with the spamming here soon

too late  :mad:
'98 RT/10.  Roe 6.5, Vec3, 1.7 H/S's, B&B exhaust, high flow cats, 3.33 gear, K&N's, Eibach's/caps...
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 07:14:14 AM »

yep.... it's a big hole and the idiots are just pouring in
― Winston Churchill
CaptnCrash

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 07:55:52 AM »

yep.... it's a big hole and the idiots are just pouring in

Yep, I think Ted needs to make some changes to his registration / user process to prevent the dorks from just creating a bogus account and then proceeding to spam. 

I know it's an inconvenience to have to wait for an email validation to be sent out and then have to respond with a code for legit members but the MORONS of this world make all that necessary.  He may even have to moderate all new user requests / posts before like 10 posts [ except vendors ].  Again another major hassle but necessary unfortunately.

I would blacklist all the netblocks these posts come from for joining.  I mean if it's a 221.x.x.x from China, just block the entire /8.

JMOHO YMMV

--CC
Shep

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 09:00:44 AM »

Sorry all, the new theme will be better though right :D.  I know a lot thought the red was too much, so please give input on a color scheme.  I'll work with Ted to get the spam under control.  I run a large board also and have some suggestions.  It still ends up being a lot of moderation work.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 09:30:10 AM »

Sorry all, the new theme will be better though right :D.  I know a lot thought the red was too much, so please give input on a color scheme.  I'll work with Ted to get the spam under control.  I run a large board also and have some suggestions.  It still ends up being a lot of moderation work.

It's always better....

Thank you for you time, we know it's not easy work and the pay is terrible (and we like giving Ted a hard time)

Vj
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 10:34:34 AM »

I appreciate the support.  Capt and Phil often offer insight and advice that I don't even understand, and I forward that to Shep who is why there is  a site her during the last year. 

I've deleted 12-15 scumbags/bots threads/posts and banned them.  I did some cleaning of the membership lists last night as well. 

It is a lot of work.  Hopefully we have a work of art.   :D   I know that this site has helped a lot of people with problems and decisions they made with their Vipers.  I've received a lot of PMs thanking for the help. 

Jeff, I got a email from Kng Snk of Rhode Island about how he loved the Jet pics and wished he had a guy to help him out.  Being a navy guy I told him to PM you and ask.  He has a preference for Yellows  :lol:

Thanks
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 11:08:54 AM »

I will look for a message form him, love to help the Navy Guys
― Winston Churchill
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea