The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 07:22:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 835 Members
Latest Member: viper007
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Miscellaneous Discussions  |  Off Topic  |  Winter news goes here.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Winter news goes here.  (Read 14035 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2011, 01:31:54 AM »

Wed we invited a few locals to go out with us.  3 of us plus ten local people came out.  Into the Southern Coastal Mountain Range we climbed.  No injuries and no breakage.  Good day for everyone.

Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2011, 01:56:39 AM »

Went along on community Poker/Hot Dog run into the Mountains.  Took pics and sent a few paragraphs into the newspapers.  Poker winner had full house Q and 8s.  He went uphill to the store and bought Grand Marnier, Kaluha and Baileys (with plastic glasses) and poured the bottles into a few plastic cups and drained them in only a few minutes (still had 15 people at the end of the run. 

And we needed fire up above 6,000' so we could burn some tube steaks ...

I'm not a drinker (it interferes with my driving) but Fireball is the fashion intoxicator of the young?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2011, 02:02:47 AM »

On the way down the mtns I was at the rear which allowed me to play a little.  Here I was about 50mph and about 5' off the ground.  I managed to twist the sled in the air and missed the log by over an inch!

Ted
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:55:56 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2011, 09:27:39 PM »

Overtaxed and underpaid so I needed a break, a sleddin break so I fired up my M1000 and went to my front yard/lake and pulled a turn.  Ice is too slippery so I busted through the trees and carved a couple of small virgin meadows untill I wore myself out.  Then I just sledded back home, through the yard and parked the sled.  Good as new and went back to my property assessment appeal.  It only take 20 minutes to fix make me smile again.  It takes a longer in the Viper because I run the Viper for 20 minutes to make sure it's warm before WOT.   :D

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2011, 09:51:22 AM »

Grand kids here lat night so we went out on the sleds.  Extreme is jetted too rich, it loaded up and stalled and wouldn't restart.  Came home, thawed rope (it was a chunk of ice) and when we went back the Extreme restarted so we continued carving up the meadows in the dark.  Interesting carving in the dark ...  Snowing last night and snowing this morning.  We have more tan 3' of snow in the yard.  That's a record winter.  Normal is 18" or less.

Global Cooling as well since it went below -30C/-26F week before last.  I see that the Politicians are still adding "eco fees" and taxes though.   :lol:  Somebody should "clue them in" or vote them out for stupidity?  Snowing still right now
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2011, 12:22:20 PM »

Weather was good last few days.  Still a bit (-20F) cooler than what would be considered seasonal, but 32F is great weather at this altitude.  Sweating weather for sledding and nearly too warm, but we went out and carved some meadows.  My ex-son-in-law was here with my Grandkids and we had a blast.  It didn't take Ron very long to remember how much fun he used to have and why he was considered one of the local extreme riders along with myself.  He really had a blast and the Grandkids loved it.  Before they left I figured I'd better take his girlfriend out and show here why Ron was soon to be trying to buy a high perf. snowmobile ...   :hayes: 

She said that she'd used snowmobiles to chase cows and horses when she was younger.  So I put her on my older Extreme Powder 600 triple.  600 pounds and 140bhp.  aftermarket exhaust so that she could get the 'full experience' of high preformance sledding, even as a beginner.  Here's her pic.  Not sure if that is her tongue, but the view of the 'pearly whites' shows how much fun she's having. 

She said that she liked sitting at the front of the seat with Ron or I standing behind her and doing the driving for the carving ...  -OK, I made that up. :lol:  Anyway, everyone had a blast and I wouldn't be surprised if Cailin was the one buying a snowmobile before Ron.   :D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea