The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 09:17:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
25539 Posts in 2241 Topics by 1134 Members
Latest Member: Viperguy00
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  need suggestions on my shocks/springs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: need suggestions on my shocks/springs  (Read 3407 times)
Leslie
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 01:44:40 PM »

Thanks Ted, I don't know what I would have done without you the past few years!

You have helped me learn so much about my Viper.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 01:50:49 PM »

Thanks Ted, I don't know what I would have done without you the past few years!

You have helped me learn so much about my Viper.

Got married? :)

Sorry, it's that "imagination" of mine - always looking for great possibilities.  You're welcome, I'm glad that I've been able to help you out Leslie.

It's a good thing when knowledge gets use - otherwise it just becomes trivia, lol.

You're an amazing person and I like to think you go around the track a little faster 'cause of my info and suggestions. 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 08:04:17 PM »

this winter i might have to look into bushings too. mine has 61K on it. gotta need it by now
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 08:36:42 PM »

I asked a couple vendors and JonB sent me a reply that Archer builds bushings, but needs the A arms to to them for you.  Waiting.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Leslie
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 03:26:13 PM »

hey Ted, thanks I really appreciate it!

Today was an AWSOME day!  Drove to MI to track down my mechanic of 7 yrs, darn if he didn't move this summer :'(  Peace of mind, I know my shocks/springs aren't shot, all is well.

Shop I took my car to didn't tell me they saw a screw in my tire, they know I track my Viper. ???

Valve stems were also leaking air, so once we replaced the valve stems and put the pressure where it should be, car wasn't bumping anymore. 

I guess it's a 'give and take' with a street car I drive on the track.  I gotta decide if I am willing to give up some comfort on the street to get the drive I love at the track.  I am at the edge of that right now with tires/wheels/susp/alignment where if I go any farther I'll need to start trailering it.

When something's good I am learning to just ...leave it alone!  haha.

Just got a call from 2 of my Viper buddies and they are gonna run this weekend with me at Mid OH, couldn't have been a better day!!!!
Leslie
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »

Jeff's yellow '06, Shandon's silver '05 and my sapph blue '01 at Mid OH

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:06:19 PM by Leslie » Logged
Leslie
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »

Got married? :)

Sorry, it's that "imagination" of mine - always looking for great possibilities.  You're welcome, I'm glad that I've been able to help you out Leslie.

It's a good thing when knowledge gets use - otherwise it just becomes trivia, lol.

You're an amazing person and I like to think you go around the track a little faster 'cause of my info and suggestions. 

yeh I DO go faster because of you and we havn't even met haha!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 09:33:41 PM »

That's the wonder of the internet.

Sean Roe said that he's been trying to get companies to build the Poly bushings for us and he will try to convince them at SEMA, again.  He said that he also built bushings but they would start to get noisy after a few years.  Guess that means race only or high maintenance.

Ted
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea