The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2019, 04:13:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
25579 Posts in 2255 Topics by 1135 Members
Latest Member: Ralphwhite
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  Brake Pads reviews
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brake Pads reviews  (Read 3852 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: December 08, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »

I'll start,

Stock brake pads       
      are really cheap and work great.  Unfortunately, they are DIRTY.  Stock wheels are too bad, but I run chromed BBS ACR wheels and Forgeline VR1 clear coated wheels.  I wipeed the "semi-metallic" dust off my clear coated VR1 and got a few scratches!  The chromed BBS wheels are fantastic and can be wiped off (every single time you stop) without damaging the chrome.

EBC Greens
    worked equal to stock for me, but also dirtied my wheels nearly everytime I used the brakes.

EBC Reds
    definitely my favorites as they work great and don't dirty my wheels each time I step on the brakes!  I believe that the Ceramic pads last longer and are recommended for severe useage.  The decal in the box says, "When you're as quick as you think you are." :lol:

Ted

I know that Redman brakes are quite popular as well, but havn't had enought time to go through a lot of brakes.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 01:16:48 PM »

ive been using the reds for a couple of years now and like them too.

got them from jonB at partsrack.com
97snk

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 01:30:12 PM »

I currently have the hawk ceramic pads. At the moment I had no time to wait to order from vendors so I just ordered them from a local napa. They are definatley a lot better than stock but they create a lot of brake dust.
Pearl White 97GTS
Leslie
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 02:02:23 PM »

My experiences with these pads...

Stock pads (stock GenII calipers):
I had stock pads on my GenII for 4 years (street use only), took the car STOCK to the track and cooked the pads in a 20 min. session :lol:  Needless to say I was done for the weekend and decided to just hang out and party.

Carbotech XP10/12 (GenII calipers):
Decided to try the carbotech's on my Viper, was familiar with the response from 4 yrs. of tracking my Z06 with them.  They were pretty good, modulation wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Brakeman 3's (GenIII calipers):

Love, love LOVED these pads on a roadcourse AND on the street!  Couldn't have been happier, little/no brake fade, initial bite was awsome, brake dust washed off with just water. :2thumbsup:

Mintex pads (GenIII calipers):
Great pad on a roadcourse, reallly important to bed this pad in properly, found that out the hard way.  

Hawk DTC60 pads (Stoptech 6 piston rotors):
My current pad, last forever, great brake modulation, strong bite at most temps, squeek like crazy if they aren't warmed up.

Red Snake
De Oppresso Liber

Twin Screwed

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »

I am running EBC reds and I am NOT happy with them.  >:( They still have WAY too much dust for my liking.

I ran Performance Friction Carbon metallics on my Ram SRT10 and the made ZERO dust. I wish they made them for the Viper.  :mad:
Powered by Roe......Tuned by PBJ Performance
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 07:20:45 PM »

BUT ... with a name like RED, you're kinda forced to use the EBC Reds? :idk:
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Leslie
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 07:49:33 PM »

I am running EBC reds and I am NOT happy with them.  >:( They still have WAY too much dust for my liking.

I ran Performance Friction Carbon metallics on my Ram SRT10 and the made ZERO dust. I wish they made them for the Viper.  :mad:

What year Viper?  Not sure if you're talking about the one in your avatar.
Red Snake
De Oppresso Liber

Twin Screwed

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »

What year Viper?  Not sure if you're talking about the one in your avatar.
1997 GTS (the one in my avatar). :2thumbsup: