The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2019, 04:32:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
25579 Posts in 2255 Topics by 1135 Members
Latest Member: Ralphwhite
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  My NEW, free, Belanger Headers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My NEW, free, Belanger Headers  (Read 2494 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: December 12, 2010, 06:17:57 PM »

My shipment of new Belanger Headers arrived here Friday.  I paid taxes for my winnings, Lou Belanger's headers and PartsRack paid the International freight.  (Bitching about 12% taxes and 10% freight is in another thread).  This thread is about how great the headers look and perform.  

Very well packaged with foam and bubble wrap.  3" Exhaust pipe (collector to Cat) included as well as bolts and gaskets.  They look like chrome.  Understand that the headers are Jethot coated inside and out to keep temps down under the hood.

Recognized as being one of the best products in the Viper World these headers are extremely high quality and recognized as being at the upper end of performance products.  The steel has a mellower sound than Stainless Steel headers and Stainless radiate the heat inside the engine compartment instead of sending it out the exhaust.  I have to say that when I designed exhaust systems (small scale) a decade ago I would have loved a set of headers like these.  When I was building headers my only concerns were chassis fit, close to equal length tubes, size, and collector length.  These Belangers are better than any I ever made!  I love the tube size and the design shows attention to detail as the front "sub-collector" is slightly in front of the rear in keeping with closer length tubes.  Dick Winkles (SRT engineer) said that the exhaust of the V10 engine has "blowdown issues" and I think that the triple collector and pickle desing smooth transition in a way that helps all throttle applications (other than WOT) more than the 5 into 1 design.  Dick said that the 5 into 1 design made almost 1% increased total power at WOT.  Since neither of my cars are full race cars, they should both benefit from Belanger installation.

Thanks to the VCA (for VOI 11), Utah & Colorado Viper clubs (for the farewell dinner), JonB for his efforts to gather the prizes and donations, Lou Belanger (for donating these fine headers), PartsRack for donating the shipping cost and the person that drew MY number from the 'hat'.

Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Red Snake
De Oppresso Liber

Twin Screwed

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 06:33:07 PM »

I'm running Belangers and I love them. Congrats! That's a nice prize there.  :bow: