The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2019, 04:15:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
25579 Posts in 2255 Topics by 1135 Members
Latest Member: Ralphwhite
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  archer racing splitter...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: archer racing splitter...  (Read 3150 times)
97snk

« on: January 03, 2011, 12:09:30 AM »

I know someone from Archer racing posts here...Do you guys still sell this front splitter...  :bow:

Pearl White 97GTS
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:53:01 AM »

You might want to send him a PM?  Not sure if Tim has set up his own forum page yet.  If not he'll build Archer Racing their own section in the Vendor forums after the holidays are finished for him.

I like the spoiler btw, seems that it's held up by a cable which would allow the spoiler to lift over bumps etc.   :2thumbsup:
Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
97snk

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »

I got one made but I would really like it to stick out more...besides the archer racing one would be functional at high speeds...

Here' a few pics of mine...

Pearl White 97GTS
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 12:20:31 PM »

What material is your spoiler made of?  It's just bolted to the plastic nose it looks like ...     Notice any deformation of the nose?  

I used a Roe Racing front fascia scoop to get more air presure to the radiator, intake box and add to the downforce on the front of the car.   The cooling efficiency is increased because there is a sheet metal panel riveted to the bottom of the frame directing under nose air past the engine so that it doesn't rise into the body of the car and cause a positive pressure situation BEHIND the radiator slowing airflow and causing cooling problems.  

You probably know of my scoop, but the flat panel under the frame is an excellent piece for all Vipers Street and Track.  Roe Racing would probably sell it really cheap if you only wanted the under rad panel?  

I did use some paint on the chin spoiler after I took the pic - but notice that I painted the rivets to match the paint?

Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
97snk

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »

It's made out of high compress styrene 3/8" thick. Weighs around 3lbs and is bolted to the bottom of the fascia but with support in between...haven't done a high speed run yet but will find out what happens after...
Pearl White 97GTS
ArcherRacing

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 07:26:22 AM »

I know someone from Archer racing posts here...Do you guys still sell this front splitter...  :bow:

Wow, thats an old picture! Yes, we do still sell that splitter, however we don't stock them, so they have to be built. They can take around 2 to 4 weeks to complete. I also notice that the "side boxes" we build are not on that picture, they are also included in the kit. For pricing and some more info give John Archer a call at 218-727-4806.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Archer Racing
97snk

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »

Wow, thats an old picture! Yes, we do still sell that splitter, however we don't stock them, so they have to be built. They can take around 2 to 4 weeks to complete. I also notice that the "side boxes" we build are not on that picture, they are also included in the kit. For pricing and some more info give John Archer a call at 218-727-4806.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Archer Racing

Sweet thanks...
Pearl White 97GTS
97snk

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 11:21:27 PM »

here's my splitter mounted on car...

looks great but I still want the Archer racing splitter...
Pearl White 97GTS
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 11:37:55 PM »

Yes it's there but really subtle.  Looks like your fog lights are gone in the car pic?
97snk

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 01:08:05 AM »

Yes it's there but really subtle.  Looks like your fog lights are gone in the car pic?

yep they are replaced with paxton intercoolers. What you see is fans pulling air in to the intercoolers...I m going to cover them up with mesh so you don't see the fans...Also going to paint the intercooler black, don't like it showing...

I did end up doing the setup mentioned in the thread below:

http://thevipergarage.com/index.php/topic,247.0.html

It worked great...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:17:18 AM by 97snk » Logged
Pearl White 97GTS
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 11:09:06 AM »

I remember.  If you've got it together what hp are you runnning? 

When I talked to Larry Macedo he told me that to go past the Paxton base kit I need to upgrade the injectors so I'm stalled on that for the moment.  I gotta admit that opening the Bottle and flicking a switch to turn on the extra 200rwhp of the Nitrous Oxide is a great compromise though,  :lol:

Ted
97snk

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 11:22:59 AM »

I remember.  If you've got it together what hp are you runnning?  

When I talked to Larry Macedo he told me that to go past the Paxton base kit I need to upgrade the injectors so I'm stalled on that for the moment.  I gotta admit that opening the Bottle and flicking a switch to turn on the extra 200rwhp of the Nitrous Oxide is a great compromise though,  :lol:

Ted

When I took the car apart it was stock other than Corsa. Todd @ A&C towed my car to his shop yesterday. He said it would take max 3 weeks to overlook everything that I did and get it tuned, he's pretty busy at the moment and I don't have a problem with 3 weeks. I told him reliability was on top of my list since it's my daily driver. I m hoping for reliable 800rwhp but I'll settle for less....I did leave the fuel system upgrade to him...It includes 60lbs injectors from roe, dual in tank walbros, fuel rails, regulator/filter, hoses/fittings, etc...The car will be tuned on SCT :) I'll keep you posted on numbers...
Pearl White 97GTS
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 11:47:32 AM »

So no headwork?  UGR puts out $15,000 and 900rwhp installed so a good tuner should be able to build 800 on stock engine - especially with forged pistons. 

Havn't heard anything on the UGR reliability, but I havn't heard anything bad either so ...

What size pulley is on your Paxton that you expect 800rwhp?  Keep us posted.  If yours works well I may want to upgrade mine as well.  When I go with the 2.8L blower on my GTS the 59# green injectors from the Roe sc kit will also need to be upgraded so I would have a set of injectors for my ACR.  I also had Larry Macedo mail me another Walbro so ...

Hmmm, I've got an MSD BAP that powers the fuel pump.  Well, actually I have another BAP in a box that I thought about using on my Stealth TT when I instal my 16G turbos on it ... but ...

97snk

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 11:57:46 AM »

So no headwork?  UGR puts out $15,000 and 900rwhp installed so a good tuner should be able to build 800 on stock engine - especially with forged pistons. 

Havn't heard anything on the UGR reliability, but I havn't heard anything bad either so ...

What size pulley is on your Paxton that you expect 800rwhp?  Keep us posted.  If yours works well I may want to upgrade mine as well.  When I go with the 2.8L blower on my GTS the 59# green injectors from the Roe sc kit will also need to be upgraded so I would have a set of injectors for my ACR.  I also had Larry Macedo mail me another Walbro so ...

Hmmm, I've got an MSD BAP that powers the fuel pump.  Well, actually I have another BAP in a box that I thought about using on my Stealth TT when I instal my 16G turbos on it ... but ...

The heads flow 40 cfm better than stock on the intake, and 20 cfm better on the exhaust. The cam is a reverse pattern cam, , the exhaust duration is less than the intake, it helps spooling up faster. The pulley is 3.25 and the pistons are stock on my 97 GTS. I do have upgraded valve springs, pushrods. I also have the 2.75 pulley but Todd advised against it for reliability...
Pearl White 97GTS
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 12:17:39 PM »

Reverse cam?  A Turbo cam with less exhaust duration?  No spooling required on a belt drive supercharger.

Not going to say it's wrong, just that I don't understand the theory.  Who's the engineer?

Assuming you have 1.7 rockers as well? 

I'm not sure what my Paxton pulley size is but my stock/Paxton is 600rwhp.  Your build is going to be interesting and I'll be watching with interest.

Thanks

Ted
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea