The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2018, 09:59:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24611 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Vendor Area  |  Archer Racing  |  96-02 Anti-Toe Brackets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 96-02 Anti-Toe Brackets  (Read 1967 times)
ArcherRacing

« on: January 26, 2011, 07:58:25 AM »

The rear Anti-Toe brackets will stop the toe-in flex during braking. They make the car more stable and can even help with wheel hop.

They will work on any 2000 to 2002 car, and 96-99 that have not had the frame recall done. They will no longer fit on the cars that had the frame recall performed.

I am doing a limited time special of $145 + freight for the pair. Call or e-mail to order. I only have a limited supply in stock.

Jeremy
Archer Racing
218-727-4806
archeracin@aol.com

plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:40:34 AM »

anything for cars with the recall done ?
ArcherRacing

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »

If your car has the recall done you can still install the right side bracket. With the frame stiffener on the left side from the recall it will still help just having the right side bracket installed. The only problem of course is that I sell them as a kit and not just the rights separate. So you would still have to buy the pair, but just install the right side bracket. Sorry I didn't clarify that before.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 01:11:37 AM »

Jeremy

I have a question - these help the Gen 2 chassis performance closer to a Gen 3 chassis?  I mentioned these pieces because they look quick and easy to install and are really cheap.  Any improvement in the chassis means an advantage against all the other guys.  I like it!

I did a HPDE in Portland with JonB and will remember the "squirmy" feel of the back of my car during hard braking in the transition between 2 tight corners with a vertical drop ... 

Ted

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ArcherRacing

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 07:37:41 AM »

Ted, yes they help get closer to a Gen 3 chassis. The Gen 3's are structurally stronger then the Gen 2's by far. These brackets will make a huge improvement, but still not be as strong as the Gen 3's.

You will have to let me know once you get them on and try them out. That "squirmy" rear end feel should be much better if not gone.

Jeremy
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 05:46:42 PM »

Keep coming on with the knowledge, some of us (like me) just don't know everything yet.  So were do we want to stiffen the GTS chassis. 

The Gen 3s were verts until 06 so they needed a stronger chassis because the hardtop was no longer sold to maintain the GTS stiffness?  Or is the Gen 3 sitter than the GTS? 

If that's the case then a rollbar or rollbar with sidebars (6 pt) in a Gen 2 will surpass a Gen 3?  Any weak spots that can be stiffened?

I'm a terrible cheater when it comes to cars.  I want to (figuritively) show up at every knife fight with a gun.  I want to go up against better drivers that myself and kick their asps!  A small change here and a small change there and even if I fail slightly the car wins. 

This also allows me to just go out and have fun without risking any damage.  Go to play with my car and have a shot at winning while just enjoying myself. 

Kind of like bring a better car or tires than the other guy and while following him, if he slides off the road slow down a little ...

Come on, "Spill the beans"

Thanks
Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ArcherRacing

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 10:17:53 AM »

Ted, haha..I love it. Basically the Gen 3 chassis were just built "beefier" then the Gen 2's. Nothing that is a huge edge on the track except for the rear flex. But all you can do about that is the anti-toe hooks to help even the playing field.

Dodge obviously knew that it was a weak point, thats why they made that change in 03. Even the GTS-R cars had a stiffer rear frame section put in the cars.

The 6-pt roll cages will help stiffen the cars some, especially if they go through the firewall to the front. Along with the top engine cross bar, it does help.

Jeremy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea