The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2018, 06:03:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 835 Members
Latest Member: viper007
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Vendor Area  |  M&M Performance  |  Anyone on here have thes on a Gen 2?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone on here have thes on a Gen 2?  (Read 22712 times)
Sybil TF

« on: November 13, 2012, 09:29:45 AM »

Anyone on here have these on a Gen 2?
You know who!
eucharistos

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:30:17 AM »

:headscratch:

not getting ya syb

:eatspopcorn:
Sybil TF

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »

not getting ya syb

M&M headers. I see them on a few sites but I have not seen anyone with them. How are they?
You know who!
eucharistos

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 12:42:51 PM »

not getting ya syb

what a noob post  :bansign:

you should get better answers soon  :driving:
CaptnCrash

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 12:57:43 PM »

M&M headers. I see them on a few sites but I have not seen anyone with them. How are they?

I have M&M's on my GenIII ...  The quality is very good and they work well, fairly easy to install.  I have an installation how-to in the how-to's here, and it has a clear picture of how they look.  I'll assume that the GenII versions are just as good and similar in construction.  They're made from mild steel instead of stainless which gives them a somewhat deeper tone.  All the flanges are thick and straight, don't leak.

--CC
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 01:27:31 PM »

I think M&M has a Vendor thread on site?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Sybil TF

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 01:30:54 PM »

I have M&M's on my GenIII ...  The quality is very good and they work well, fairly easy to install.  I have an installation how-to in the how-to's here, and it has a clear picture of how they look.  I'll assume that the GenII versions are just as good and similar in construction.  They're made from mild steel instead of stainless which gives them a somewhat deeper tone.  All the flanges are thick and straight, don't leak.

--CC
  What about corrosion? I assume you got yours coated with something? I don't want ones that will rust in a few years.
You know who!
CaptnCrash

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »

What about corrosion? I assume you got yours coated with something? I don't want ones that will rust in a few years.

M&M's come with a coating but I had them shipped to JetHot not coated and had the JetHot extreme coating put on.  JetHot won't corrode.  Not to say that what M&M does is bad, it was personal preference.

--CC
Sybil TF

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 07:19:35 PM »

M&M's come with a coating but I had them shipped to JetHot not coated and had the JetHot extreme coating put on.  JetHot won't corrode.  Not to say that what M&M does is bad, it was personal preference.

--CC

Can I assume they are less expensive than other brands because they are not stainless?
You know who!
CaptnCrash

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »

Can I assume they are less expensive than other brands because they are not stainless?

Yes, and less than Bellanger's which are also mild steel.
Sybil TF

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 07:39:27 PM »

Yes, and less than Bellanger's which are also mild steel.

So who makes the stainless ones? American Racing?
You know who!
Sybil TF

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 07:53:34 PM »

I looked at your thread and looking at your car almost makes me wish I bought the 2006 :'(
Is the 2006 the same color as the 96?

Headers look great by the way!
You know who!
CaptnCrash

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 08:20:10 PM »

So who makes the stainless ones? American Racing?

Yep, ARH and Kooks I think are stainless.  Keep in mind the coating does more than just keeping the corrosion down, if properly done with the correct materials it actually holds the heat inside the pipes which makes more power and helps on everything else in the engine compartment.

I coat stainless ones as well.  The long tubes on the Challenger are ARH stainless, and the long tubes on the truck are MOPAR Performance stainless and JetHot coated.  Still look like new.
CaptnCrash

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 08:20:58 PM »

I looked at your thread and looking at your car almost makes me wish I bought the 2006 :'(
Is the 2006 the same color as the 96?

Headers look great by the way!

Not sure, but it is Viper Blue so probably close.
Sybil TF

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »

Yep, ARH and Kooks I think are stainless.  Keep in mind the coating does more than just keeping the corrosion down, if properly done with the correct materials it actually holds the heat inside the pipes which makes more power and helps on everything else in the engine compartment.

I coat stainless ones as well.  The long tubes on the Challenger are ARH stainless, and the long tubes on the truck are MOPAR Performance stainless and JetHot coated.  Still look like new.

So, It would be more cost effective and better performance to just buy the M&M's and get them coated?

What does coating cost?
You know who!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea