The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 07:08:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 835 Members
Latest Member: viper007
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  Read the fine print
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Read the fine print  (Read 11648 times)
shooter_t1
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 11:43:28 AM »

On the flip side, I find it a bit ridiculous that someone would base buying a car on a small car club and it’s antics.  Makes no sense to me at all.  Some people are getting WAAY too caught up in this. 

Not buying, or canceling an order strictly because of the VCA ultimately hurts the engineers and workers who made the car and endangers future production.   I’ve never heard of a car buyer not buying a car he may want because of the car club associated with that car.  I find that mindboggling and a bit irrational ....IMHO.

Steve

I agree in part. I personally do NOT base my Viper buying decisions on the dissatisfaction I have with the idiots that are presently running the club. It was once suggested to me that I should buy a Vette and leave the club by the new fag/ National VP. Typical stupid reaction made by a stupid person who doesn't like that I ask way too many questions and am upsetting the comfortable little scam that some have going on.

On the other side though, If enough people "vote" with their wallet, it would behoove the powers that be (SRT) to fix it. I voted with my wallet by not renewing, and by not buying club products. Some people are taking it one step further it would seem.
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 12:10:22 PM »

I agree in part. I personally do NOT base my Viper buying decisions on the dissatisfaction I have with the idiots that are presently running the club. It was once suggested to me that I should buy a Vette and leave the club by the new fag/ National VP. Typical stupid reaction made by a stupid person who doesn't like that I ask way too many questions and am upsetting the comfortable little scam that some have going on.

On the other side though, If enough people "vote" with their wallet, it would behoove the powers that be (SRT) to fix it. I voted with my wallet by not renewing, and by not buying club products. Some people are taking it one step further it would seem.

It's too bad that many can't seem to differentiate between the car company and the VCA.  They are separate entitys...connected only by a potential marketing strategy.  It would be like seeing a car commercial on TV you don't like....so therefore you won't buy the car even though your DD shows the car to be something you want.  SRT is even less connected now than they were when JRT was in the mix because of the financial contributions they made then.

To me, the VCA became a totally unnecessary component of enjoying our car with friends about 5 years ago.  Therefore, what they do or don't do has absolutely no bearing on my life or what I may choose to buy.  Okay....maybe it does.  $5 to $25 plus dollars per year.

...while 6 less buyers to date is certainly something no company wants to see....in the scheme of things...that's a 1/3 of 1%...assuming 1700 or so made.  I just don't understand the everlasting wringing of hands over the national VCA.   Even if everything was all cleaned up...no car club needs to cost that much money to run.  Local clubs are all that's needed to enjoy the car.  There wouldn't be a VCA without them.  Conversely, there would be local clubs without the VCA.

Steve
Sybil TF

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 12:37:09 PM »

6 People that I have personally spoken with have cancelled their Gen V orders, gotten the deposit returned, AND made mention of the fact that they are dissatisfied with the way the VCA is being run. This has been communicated to the 3 main people at SRT. All but 1 were launch edition cars. That is over $600,000 that WAS going to be spent on a Gen V. Not something I engineered but it's sure to leave a mark.

Wow!
You know who!
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 01:12:23 PM »

I find it incredible idiotic that anyone would make a decision on what car (or truck) they would like to own based on the elected staff of a car club.  Especially in this case where you can own, drive and enjoy the Viper without being a Member of anything, were as being a member of the Viper Club you have to meet a specfic criteria to be a "Member".

Lets get real, you either want one (and can afford it) or you don't.  Does CM or the VCA or any other person for that matter really play in to that question?

For me it would be a no, I could give a rats ass what any one or any organization thinks and that includes the "Save the Prius Foundation"

VJ
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Jax92

VCA Medal of Honor winner

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 03:16:11 PM »

I was under the impression that VPA was picking up Herb's salary.  I guess we'll know next month when the financials are published.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 03:22:21 PM »

I was under the impression that VPA was picking up Herb's salary.  I guess we'll know next month when the financials are published.

That would be some interesting info for me to know... at strange as that appears
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »

I'm probably not completely up to snuff on the way things are structured....but....I thought VPA was the for profit arm of the non profit VCA?  The tech consulting fees for 2011 make no mention of any VPA expense...nor would they if in fact VPA flys alone for IRS puposes.

I guess if VPA paid the $36,000 entirely, then only people buying VPA parts would be subsidizing the cost....as it should be.  I will say that most people buying car parts just punch some buttons and order the stuff....not sure how much consulting is needed?

Because this cost is listed in the VCA financials in 2011, with no mention of VPA...and with all due respect to Herb....this cost accounting should be completely transparent.   VCA members should get to see the breakdown of every cost category.  Because it isn't....I can't help but wonder if this amount is solely for the few generic questions answered in each magazine? 

Steve
shooter_t1
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2012, 08:14:20 PM »

I'm probably not completely up to snuff on the way things are structured....but....I thought VPA was the for profit arm of the non profit VCA?  The tech consulting fees for 2011 make no mention of any VPA expense...nor would they if in fact VPA flys alone for IRS puposes.

I guess if VPA paid the $36,000 entirely, then only people buying VPA parts would be subsidizing the cost....as it should be.  I will say that most people buying car parts just punch some buttons and order the stuff....not sure how much consulting is needed?

Because this cost is listed in the VCA financials in 2011, with no mention of VPA...and with all due respect to Herb....this cost accounting should be completely transparent.   VCA members should get to see the breakdown of every cost category.  Because it isn't....I can't help but wonder if this amount is solely for the few generic questions answered in each magazine? 

Steve

Copied from the insider rebuttal thread.

CM's words "The VCA had been paying Herb as much as $30,000 a year previously and the VPA had enough revenue to start covering that expense.  Herb Helbig is now on the VPA board of directors as well."
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 08:22:01 PM »

Copied from the insider rebuttal thread.

CM's words "The VCA had been paying Herb as much as $30,000 a year previously and the VPA had enough revenue to start covering that expense.  Herb Helbig is now on the VPA board of directors as well."

That's good to know, but now I'm even more curious as to what work was being done for $30K per year?  $36K in 2012.

Steve
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2012, 08:56:03 PM »

I utilized Herb one the "Grailkeeper"  on the VCA forum a couple times and even asked Herb's advice about high speed Viper info. 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Jax92

VCA Medal of Honor winner

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 09:48:27 AM »

As VCA members, thus stockholders of VPA who can answer this simple question?  Who are the officers of the VPofA?  Does anyone know for a fact?  Why is this info such a secret?  Does anyone know any financial info about VPofA?  What info is a VCA member entitled to as a member of the VCA.
Sybil TF

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 09:51:44 AM »

As VCA members, thus stockholders of VPA who can answer this simple question?  Who are the officers of the VPofA?  r entitled to

Ralph and Barrack. :lol:
You know who!
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »

I utilized Herb one the "Grailkeeper"  on the VCA forum a couple times and even asked Herb's advice about high speed Viper info.

Ya but.......what about the $36K?   :idk:
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »

I only wish they paid me for my expertise as well   :idk:
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 07:33:44 AM »

I only wish they paid me for my expertise as well   :idk:

....and here I've thought...since around 1994 and about 8 different car forums....that info to these forums was freely posted by both knowledgable and unknowledgable people.  That car forums were made up of like minded car enthusiasts with a passion for their ride and willingness to freely share their experiences with others.    That these forums were the ideal place to exchange all sorts of information about all aspects of ownership.  ....To educate the unknowledgable and maybe even learn the knowledgable a trick or trap or two along the way.  :driving:

Steve
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea