The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2018, 02:54:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24603 Posts in 1931 Topics by 805 Members
Latest Member: wetwilley99
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  MY Roe GTS with Pics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY Roe GTS with Pics  (Read 15436 times)

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2016, 10:18:18 PM »

DSS axle stubs are finished and waiting for me to pick them up.  18 hour drive is just what I need after busting pinion and transmission of my TT with the wrinkle slicks wheel hopping.  I did get to see launch pics and studied Joel Fortin's GTS launching at Prince George strip.  Joel never touched his suspension but the front lifts about 6 - 8" whereas my slicked GTS lifts about 2".  Checked the shocks after I snapped the pinion gear.  The TT GTS Penske's took a bit of research but they were adjusted to full firm front and rear.  That explains the wheel hop.  I adjusted them 4 clicks from full soft. 

My Roe car also has a bit of a wheel hop problem and I know I pulled the shocks and adjusted them to full firm when I bought the car.  It also has stiffer Eibach "Sport" springs that lower the car and allow less travel.  I bought a set of "spare" stockers for my shelf and they came with 3/4" lowering caps topping the stock springs.  Joel told me he had to use stock ride height for his 28" slicks and his 20" wheels/tires so I wanted options for the Sapphire GTS now that it can fit the 28" wrinkle slicks. 

I bought a cheap coil spring compressor (since one of my clamps has disappeared) modified them to work and removed the springs.  I then adjusted these stock Koni shocks to full soft for the front and 1/4 soft for the rear.  This is a street car and if drag racing it is a 7 hour drive to the nearest drag strip. 

I wrote a "How To" once I found out that most Viper owners don't even know their shocks are adjustable.  Another interesting thing I also found was that the Factory Shop Service Manual doesn't even list that the GTS shocks are adjustable or how to adjust them.,6084.0.html
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea