The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 06:17:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 842 Members
Latest Member: XEvilBestSaw
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  RT/10 & GTS Viper Discussions  |  MY Roe GTS with Pics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MY Roe GTS with Pics  (Read 17101 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2016, 10:18:18 PM »

DSS axle stubs are finished and waiting for me to pick them up.  18 hour drive is just what I need after busting pinion and transmission of my TT with the wrinkle slicks wheel hopping.  I did get to see launch pics and studied Joel Fortin's GTS launching at Prince George strip.  Joel never touched his suspension but the front lifts about 6 - 8" whereas my slicked GTS lifts about 2".  Checked the shocks after I snapped the pinion gear.  The TT GTS Penske's took a bit of research but they were adjusted to full firm front and rear.  That explains the wheel hop.  I adjusted them 4 clicks from full soft. 

My Roe car also has a bit of a wheel hop problem and I know I pulled the shocks and adjusted them to full firm when I bought the car.  It also has stiffer Eibach "Sport" springs that lower the car and allow less travel.  I bought a set of "spare" stockers for my shelf and they came with 3/4" lowering caps topping the stock springs.  Joel told me he had to use stock ride height for his 28" slicks and his 20" wheels/tires so I wanted options for the Sapphire GTS now that it can fit the 28" wrinkle slicks. 

I bought a cheap coil spring compressor (since one of my clamps has disappeared) modified them to work and removed the springs.  I then adjusted these stock Koni shocks to full soft for the front and 1/4 soft for the rear.  This is a street car and if drag racing it is a 7 hour drive to the nearest drag strip. 

I wrote a "How To" once I found out that most Viper owners don't even know their shocks are adjustable.  Another interesting thing I also found was that the Factory Shop Service Manual doesn't even list that the GTS shocks are adjustable or how to adjust them.

http://thevipergarage.com/index.php/topic,6084.0.html
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2018, 10:45:11 PM »

Went to Leduc with Joel to help him get in some drag runs and there was a few problems before we were booted off the track for going too fast.  9.3@160mph ....

One the way home from Joel's house two Deer attacked me and when I saw an opening I turned the wheel, hit a puddle, spun out and went into ditch where the car flipped onto the roof and Insurance wrote it off.

They did agree to pay me $58,000 + tax costs

Everything in and on my car was upgraded and new so although I have cheapo Gov oinsurance and they only pay a max of $5000 over stock value, I bought the car back to sell off the built engine, blower, big brakes, Tranzilla, axles, headers, stereo Big Brakes, etc etc
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea