The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 07:17:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24599 Posts in 1931 Topics by 795 Members
Latest Member: Nick100459
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  General Viper Discussions  |  Viper Pit  |  Introductions ...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introductions ...  (Read 25548 times)
LifeIsGood
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 02:24:40 PM »

Well...where do I start.  I saw my first viper in 1999 (what I knew was a viper).  It was a 1995 Viper Race Yellow RT/10 and I was hooked.  The owner and I shared an underground parking garage (along with 200 other residents) and when I first heard him start that baby up...down in that confined garage...it was some serious rumble!  I finally took the plunge 2 years ago and purchased a 2001 VRY RT/10, and I freakin' love it  :-*.

Here she is with her new wheels, brakes and rubber...

Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »

Thanks for the invite Tim.  Most here so far would know me from the VCA site, but here’s a little history.

I was snakebit in 1/00 when we ordered a Steel Gray RT/10 for factory pick up.  ….Kind of spur of the moment. My wife and son thought me losing some touch with sanity at the time.  It is now working on 11 years and almost 100,000 Viper miles later.  We have added lots of parts to our car over the years, have close to 1,000 road track miles, 2-3 dozen autocrosses, a Bragg-Smith 3 day Advanced Driving School, and have driven this car countrywide.  We added a 01 GTS/ACR Bumblebee at the 2006 Woodward Dream Cruise.  We had no intention of adding another car when we went down for the event….but that’s a long story.   We’ve put about 6,000 miles on this one which puts us over the 100K mile marker of Viper driven miles. 

I am looking forward to these pages and hope this site prospers.  Now if I could only figure out the picture thing.  I got them up here, but not like they should be?

Steve
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 03:33:25 PM »

Welcome guys!  Glad to have you.

Steve I "copy aand paste" using www.imageshack.us to host my pics there.  I click resize and use 600x800 for the size of pics.

Tim is working on several picture galleries for the site and things are coming along nicely.

Send me a PM if you need more help posting pics.

Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 04:15:47 PM »

This lifeIsGood guy sure seems like a nice fellow. nice to meet you !

Im here stalking leslie .... :)
Leslie
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 04:30:02 PM »

how can you be stalking me if I am stalking YOU?

haha
LifeIsGood
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 04:41:59 PM »

Wow, talk about turning over a new leaf...I'm not sure I like this gentler/kinder Plum.  ;)

This lifeIsGood guy sure seems like a nice fellow. nice to meet you !
BOTTLEFED
owner

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 09:11:19 PM »

Ken,
great to see you here.
I was so hoping to meet you at VOI and I think we may have passed each other throughout the weekend, but I don't know what you look like  lol!
I'll try to make a CO club meet here soon, so maybe we will finally bump into each other.

Steve,
I'm very honored to have someone with as much knowledge (and Viper miles) as you adding to the community.  I hope you can find the time to share your Roe s/c experience with us and feel more comfortable posting here.  And maybe Daniel will join us soon as well :)
97GTS B&W: Roe S/C 6.5#, VEC3, custom W/M, Borla headers and catless exhaust, smooth tubes and K&Ns, JM stg3 heads, 1.7 Arrow RR, 3.55 gears, Fidanza, B&M sst, 661hp/683tq
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 02:07:29 AM »

LOL@LIG

Leslie
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 11:03:29 AM »

wow it's great to see all you guys here, love all the Viper pics too.
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 01:50:50 PM »

Thanks for the invite Tim.  Most here so far would know me from the VCA site, but here’s a little history.

I was snakebit in 1/00 when we ordered a Steel Gray RT/10 for factory pick up.  ….Kind of spur of the moment. My wife and son thought me losing some touch with sanity at the time.  It is now working on 11 years and almost 100,000 Viper miles later.  We have added lots of parts to our car over the years, have close to 1,000 road track miles, 2-3 dozen autocrosses, a Bragg-Smith 3 day Advanced Driving School, and have driven this car countrywide.  We added a 01 GTS/ACR Bumblebee at the 2006 Woodward Dream Cruise.  We had no intention of adding another car when we went down for the event….but that’s a long story.   We’ve put about 6,000 miles on this one which puts us over the 100K mile marker of Viper driven miles. 

I am looking forward to these pages and hope this site prospers.  Now if I could only figure out the picture thing.  I got them up here, but not like they should be?

Steve

Let's try the picture thing again with some instruction from Ted.  The build sheets are courtesy of Daniel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for the kind words Tim.  I hope to be able to contribute in any area I can.

Steve
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 02:17:08 PM »

Awesome pics Steve.  That's a lot of hp for 5# boost.  2.8L blower?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 03:41:42 PM »

Awesome pics Steve.  That's a lot of hp for 5# boost.  2.8L blower?

The blower on the 01 car was actually one of the first Sean made.  Installed in 7/03.  I guess those ol' creampuffs made a bit of power after all :)

Steve
Leslie
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 06:17:55 PM »

wow, VERY nice Steve :D
Leslie
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 06:38:48 PM »

I have never really been a yellow fan, but your Viper is just done SO right. ;D
AndyMac
GEN 1 TT club

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2010, 07:02:15 PM »

Hi guys, my name is Andrew and I've been a car nut my whole life. I've been in the garage since I could stand, and I've been told that when my father would look after me, he would set me in one of those walkers with some nuts and bolts to play with.. lol Child services would probably have a field day with him in this day in age..

I like to DIY everything, and have trust issues leaving my car in the hands of a stranger. I'm a software developer by trade, and did it for a number of years, but now I'm a licensed tech for a Subaru/Suzuki dealer. It's not glamorous, but there is zero stress, zero overtime, never work weekends, and only work 4 ten hour days a week.

Last year I picked up my first Viper and have loved every second of it. It was a stock 95 RT/10, but has since gotten a full DIY'ing from filters, exhaust, shift knob to a home brewed twin turbo setup.

That's about it, hope I can contribute to the site and help it grow into something great.

Later,
Andrew MacPherson
TT 95 RT/10
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea