The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2020, 06:31:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24614 Posts in 1948 Topics by 1124 Members
Latest Member: StayReadyGTO
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  General Viper Discussions  |  Viper Pit  |  Introductions ...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introductions ...  (Read 41990 times)
DorisRose

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2010, 11:23:46 AM »

I've been in the Viper community since May 1999.  My husband, Dean, bought a 1994 Viper and said goodbye to the corvette.  Instead of spending $1k a year on corvette maintenance we could spend that on Viper fun and upgrades.  Our only out of pocket expense for repairs on that car was $50 to fix a water pump bearing.  What we love most about Dodge is their great engineering. 

The only problem I had with the Viper was that I was beginning to manipulate my husband so I could drive the car.  I would tell him I would wash it if I could drive it.  I washed it a few times then I just drove it without fulfilling my promises.  Then I would take it to the local track for the driving schools.  I got comfortable enough with the car that I was ready to push my limits.  I didn't want to take a chance putting his car into a wall so I used some inherited money to buy my own car.  Fortunately for me I do work for JonB at PartsRack and he found me a great car at a wholesale price.  2001 RT10 Yellow.  Then in 2006 Dean and I got married, sold his 94 Viper to a friend and bought a 96 GTS with a custom paint coating that changes color.  Again a great deal through our friend JonB.  So I have the track rat Viper and Dean has the trailer Queen Viper.  We are a happy family.

I love the race track.  I attended a driving school with RTTTed once and his enthusiasm is great.  Viper owners who play at the track are my favorite because they are using the car for what it was designed for, in a safe environment.  I get to feel like a race car driver fulfilling my alter ego needs.  I get to drive pacecar, gave lots of pacecar rides at Miller during VOI in the Dodge Challenger.  Was there for the Laguna Seca record, a great time with the Viper Team.  So many wonderful opportunities because of the Beloved Viper and enthusiasm of Great People.

I am very optimistic and excited for Chryslers future.  I looked into FIAT and Sergio's background when they "saved" us and gained faith in the future because of it.  We had a couple failed relationships that took their toll but the Chrysler Spirit is alive and destined to continue Kicking Ass.

Thank you Viper Garage for this pure forum.  True to the spirit of the Viper and Dodge.

I am Doris Rose.

BOTTLEFED
owner

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »

Thanks Doris.

I'm so happy to have so many females joining our group.  It adds a lot to have the women posting their opinions and experiences in the discussions.

BTW, I remember seeing you now at the farewell dinner of VOI last month.  I wish we could have met.  Ted had some great things to say about you :)
97GTS B&W: Roe S/C 6.5#, VEC3, custom W/M, Borla headers and catless exhaust, smooth tubes and K&Ns, JM stg3 heads, 1.7 Arrow RR, 3.55 gears, Fidanza, B&M sst, 661hp/683tq
uvbnbit
AL/TN VCA President '07-'08,'09-'10 (the good ole days...kinda :D)

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2010, 01:03:30 PM »

So we've got an "insider pricing" connection with PartsRack now.  [e]149[/e][e]11[/e][e]109[/e][e]181[/e]

..just trying out some of the new emot's  ;D
'98 RT/10.  Roe 6.5, Vec3, 1.7 H/S's, B&B exhaust, high flow cats, 3.33 gear, K&N's, Eibach's/caps...
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »

I am Doris Rose.

[/quote]

Hi Doris, glad you're here.  I think that you should have added that you own a SSG coupe and look great in that SSG dress.

I'm sure it was appreciated that you and JonB did so much work at the track that you guys didn't go anyplace except the track that entire event. 

I happen to have a pic of Dean and Doris in my files ...  Dean's GTS is in the pic, but I didn't see the trailer there.

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 07:07:43 PM »

nice wheels...
ViperGTS

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2010, 11:49:58 AM »

I think I got a nice picture of Doris in SLC... :2thumbsup:

* DSC_3118small.jpg (114.08 kB, 640x425 - viewed 189 times.)
R.I.P. VCA
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2010, 01:38:01 PM »

Doris doing the "fangs" from the pacecar for World Challenge Sportscar Wars.  JonB driving and a Chrysler exec (and his son?) riding in the rear.

Wittmer did win the race (Dodge Viper).  I stood beside Ralph Gilles during most of the race and Ralph explained a little of what the signboards meant.

Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Leslie
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2010, 02:46:36 PM »

Wow Doris what a great story!

You truly DO drive your Viper the way it was
meant to be!!!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2010, 03:27:18 PM »

Wow  :hayes: next Doris will get her Instructors license and Leslie will get her Pacecar license and the rest of us will be double outclassed by the women in the group?    :bow: :bow:
coupe

Supernatural Turbo
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »

Here's another "thanks for the invite!"

Name's Matt and I live in Birmingham, Alabama.  Since the early 90's, I've tinkered with 5.0L mustangs and have been into a couple Buick Grand Nationals too...I'm no stranger to pushrods.  I am an engineer working in sales with a clutch company but a few years ago, I went into business with a buddy building high-performance turbochargers on the side: www.supernaturalturbo.com

Long story short,a friend sent me his '99 RT/10 a couple years ago for us to twin turbo.  We took a totally stock car and what was supposed to be a turbo kit and made something happen. End product had some of our turbos (61mm, T4 footwell setup), custom piping, custom return-style fuel system, and a piggyback tuner for boost tuning.  End results were 746rwhp and 750rwtq at 13psi on an otherwise stock '99 motor. 

And thus began my love affair with the Viper.  I am currently in the process of picking one up but don't want to jinx it so I'll keep quiet until it is indeed a reality.  Wish me luck!  Glad to be here. :2thumbsup:

coupe

Supernatural Turbo
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2010, 09:16:38 PM »

Well... I can spill the beans now.  Picked it up today.

It's a '96.  Has smoothtubes, K&N's, Cat-delete, Unitrax axles, 4.11 gears, and Fikse's.  I'm smitten.  :D

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2010, 10:26:24 PM »

Congratualtions!  It looks awesome.  Like the wheels.  With the stock engine I'm sure the 4:11 really wake it up.

Any chance you could post the shift points (speeds) for us? 

If you follow through with your plans to instal a power adder you'll probably be going back to stock gears.  My GTS slowed down with a change to 3:55 gears and it has stock 3:09s again to save the time the extra shift required.

Aftermarket exhaust or just Cat delete?

Ted
eucharistos

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2010, 01:13:28 AM »

Well... I can spill the beans now.  Picked it up today.

It's a '96.  Has smoothtubes, K&N's, Cat-delete, Unitrax axles, 4.11 gears, and Fikse's.  I'm smitten.  :D

you should be smitten, she's a beauty

congrats
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2010, 03:51:44 AM »

411's must be brutal in that
coupe

Supernatural Turbo
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2010, 07:15:15 AM »

The gears certainly change the feel over what stock gears feel like. I'm very judicious with the throttle anyway so I'll keep it for a while at least.  It's just a cat-delete; stock exhaust otherwise.  :2thumbsup:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea