The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2020, 05:51:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24614 Posts in 1948 Topics by 1124 Members
Latest Member: StayReadyGTO
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  General Viper Discussions  |  Viper Pit  |  Introductions ...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introductions ...  (Read 41977 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2010, 09:38:24 PM »

Welcome.  Most of the guys posting here have pretty good knowledge of Vipers and their systems and we're always inviting more experts and Do It Yourself people. 

Post your pics and experiences.

Ted 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
InjectTheVenom

« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »

Nevermind the bike... is that Amsterdam in the background of Jolean's avatar pic  :wave:?
Black Moon

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2011, 06:45:44 AM »

Hi everyone. My nickname is Sal. I'm here in Knoxville (Dragon Country) enjoying the Tennessee lifestyle, weather (most of the time), scenery and great driving roads. I'm a Yankee transplant since 79 living in 5 different Southern sataes and always owning at least one sports/muscle car in order to release my wild side. I do about 95% of my own mechanical work which I've always enjoyed and keeps me home instead of out chasing tail which at my (undisclosed) age is harder and harder to catch.

I've been a Corvette guy since I started driving and have had 19 to date. Then I bought my 2003 Viper and really love the car. I still have a 63 convertible which I did a frame off restoration on myself including paint (my first and probably last paint job).

Viper ownership has had its ups and downs but overall I love the car. It's in pieces right now because I'm installing a Paxton, rear shocks, insulating interior and side exhaust, installing a sub box, adding amps and speakers to the Pioneer unit, spraying 'chip guard' under the nose and rockers, polishing/ porting intake, new wires and another dozen things I can't think of right now. Everyone thinks I'm nuts because I'm doing everything at the same time instead of one at a time but that's to keep from getting bored.

I've been on the VCA and Alley for a couple of years and have to say this site has been more informative and interesting than the others. I hope more Gen3 guys will join in the discussion. I've done a ton of work to mine and enjoy helping others whenever possible.

Happy Motoring!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »

Welcome Sal.

have you checked out the http://thevipergarage.com/index.php/topic,249.0/topicseen.html Unitrax thread where Devin is trying to give a deal (half price?) on a Giken diff for a high powered Gen 3?

Enjoying your threads.  We built this site for people like you (and us) so thanks for joining! :2thumbsup:

Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
georgethedog

« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2011, 11:22:59 AM »

I'm Georgethedog (named after my late and great dog).  I just found out about this site (where has my head been?)  Thanks to you guys who started this.  There are a lot of familiar people on here and some people I had not had the pleasure of chating with yet.  I am a classic middle-aged Mopar freak.  I have owned several Chargers, my last was a 1971 R/T 440 4-speed.  My last muscle car was a 1970 Super Bee (Hemi Orange) 383 4-speed that I traded some years back to John Gastman at Roanoke for my 1st Viper--Gen 1.  I have had a few Vipers (1994-Red RT/10, 1998 Silver GTS, 2001 Yellow RT/10, and 2003 Silver SRT-10).  My current one is the 2003 as it works well as a compromise as my wife hated the other Vipers because we wanted a convertible and the Gen 1 & 2's where not designed to have an easy on and off top.  The Gen 3 does and she really likes it.  3 of the 4 Vipers I have had are in my rolling avatar.  I do not have any pictures of the 1998 GTS???  I only had it a few months and I guess I just forgot...  Anyway, glad there is an other Viper board!  Thanks to everyone who has put hard work and dollars into making this possible.

I am a decent backyard mechanic on the old muscle cars, but kind of limited with the newer stuff.  I am the type that will use boards like this for a place to ask opinions of other Viper owners, find out recent news and ideas, and to develop some good relationships.  I am also good for some off the wall goofy comments.  I recently became a member of the bowling hall of fame and many of my friends told me I was in the comedy wing because my favorite thing to do is laugh and make others laugh.  For a real job I am an accounting professor at a local college.  Now there's something odd things right there... and an accountant with a sense of humor and bowls.  Happy to be here!  :2thumbsup:   
If you don't where you are going, any road will get you there... (G. Harrison)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2011, 11:52:52 AM »

Accounting Proffessor?  ... and yet so far away.  I just happen to be searching for an accountant to ask Revenue Cda to not charge me capital gains on my own tools, furniture etc.   :lol: :lol:

But you're US so ... that isn't any help.  It made me smile though, lol.

Ted
shooter_t1
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2011, 11:00:35 PM »

Hi,
On my second Viper, a yellow w/blk stripes Aero Coupe. 1st Viper was a S/C 06 1st Edition.

Things are getting "strange" on the other site. Although I have a " Venom" membership, it might be time to move along. Belong to the Alley too, and enjoy it alot but thought I would come here for a more "technical" discussion forum about our awesome Vipers w/o all the vca politics.

Thanks,
Robert
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2011, 12:22:26 AM »

another Bumble Bee ( if anyone's counting) :happy: 

Check out the How to section as it has a lot of mods and upgrades that may interest you.  The vendors forums are worth going through as some of our vendors have excellent info and even some project pics in there forums.  If you have a favourite tuner of Vendor, ask them if they'd like to join.

There's a lot of pics spread throughout the site and if you get bored go to www.vipernation.com and read some magazine artiucles and see hundreds and hundreds of pics of Vipers, scenery from all over the continent and even a few non-viper stories.  Many were published in Viper Magazine before it changed over (New one isn't out yet/it's late).

We're currently hosting a thread that gets deleted each attempt on the other forum ...

Enjoy! :2thumbsup:  and welcome

Ted
Leslie
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2011, 06:57:57 AM »

Hi,
On my second Viper, a yellow w/blk stripes Aero Coupe. 1st Viper was a S/C 06 1st Edition.

Things are getting "strange" on the other site. Although I have a " Venom" membership, it might be time to move along. Belong to the Alley too, and enjoy it alot but thought I would come here for a more "technical" discussion forum about our awesome Vipers w/o all the vca politics.

Thanks,
Robert

hey Robert welcome!  We are glad to have you hear.
As Ted mentioned feel free to post and read as you wish.
Red Snake
De Oppresso Liber

Twin Screwed

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2011, 07:22:08 AM »

Hi,

Thanks,
Robert
Welcome Shooter!