The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2018, 11:20:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24611 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  How To Instructions  |  How-to section  |  SRT Style Diffuser blades made for a Gen 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SRT Style Diffuser blades made for a Gen 2  (Read 1237 times)
KNG SNKE

« on: March 22, 2011, 04:05:12 PM »

I am not sure if there is any interest over here but I know a lot of the good folks who don't post on VCA are here.  Well if I am in any violation over here please delete my thread and I will understand.

I recently sat down with a metal fabricator and redesigned the SRT diffuser blades so they would easily fit a Gen 2.  As some of you who have researched this prior know the OEM SRT diffuser blades require 3 slots and 5 holes per blade to mount.  That is a total of 12 slots and 20 holes, not cool.  My buddy and I have redesigned the setup so that only 1 hole is required per blade.  Basically the blades utilize one rear 11mm bolt each that is used to hold the bumper cover to the body.  Then the front bolt needs a hole drilled and we use a piece of flat stock aluminum to pull the diffuser flush with the body.  If anyone is interested please shoot me a pm or email me at kngsnke@gmail.com.  The most important part, pricing.

Normal OEM SRT blades run 40 to 50 per blade.

My setup as follows
4 blades plus 2 pieces of 8 inch flat stock, 100 shipped inside the US.  Outside the US covers their shipping cost.
If you want 6 blades it includes 2 12 inch pieces of flat stock and you pay 20 per additional blade.  6 blades, 140 shipped.

The pictures of my car show the blades mocked up and Treesnakes car show the blade hard mounted. 

KNG SNKE

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 11:04:57 AM »

For the new Viper I bought a new set of 6 powder coated Diffuser Blades from KngSnk (John Rodriguez-Hardy). Diffuser blades come on all modern supercars and many newer junkers as well. The diffusers lower drag and add a little down force by straightening the "Caotic Airflow" coming from under the car.  Straight air flows faster than jumbled air.

On my Sapphire GTS I drilled and tapped 1/8" aluminium straps. I drilled an extra front hole in the middle and moved the inside blades to the edge of the frame. The 1998 GTS is different so I installed the blades the way most are located using 3 of the bumper attachment bolts behind the rear wheelwells and I drilled and installed RivNuts into support straps that go inside the rear bumper and hold the rear of the blades steady. Here is a picture of the blades attached at the front and the inner support strap holding the rear of the blades. Just need to drill the 3 holes through the bumper and move the support strap inside the bumper. Tighten all bolts and installation will be complete.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea