The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2018, 11:15:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 826 Members
Latest Member: scottyv10
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  How To Instructions  |  How-to section  |  SRT Style Diffuser blades made for a Gen 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SRT Style Diffuser blades made for a Gen 2  (Read 1308 times)
KNG SNKE

« on: March 22, 2011, 04:05:12 PM »

I am not sure if there is any interest over here but I know a lot of the good folks who don't post on VCA are here.  Well if I am in any violation over here please delete my thread and I will understand.

I recently sat down with a metal fabricator and redesigned the SRT diffuser blades so they would easily fit a Gen 2.  As some of you who have researched this prior know the OEM SRT diffuser blades require 3 slots and 5 holes per blade to mount.  That is a total of 12 slots and 20 holes, not cool.  My buddy and I have redesigned the setup so that only 1 hole is required per blade.  Basically the blades utilize one rear 11mm bolt each that is used to hold the bumper cover to the body.  Then the front bolt needs a hole drilled and we use a piece of flat stock aluminum to pull the diffuser flush with the body.  If anyone is interested please shoot me a pm or email me at kngsnke@gmail.com.  The most important part, pricing.

Normal OEM SRT blades run 40 to 50 per blade.

My setup as follows
4 blades plus 2 pieces of 8 inch flat stock, 100 shipped inside the US.  Outside the US covers their shipping cost.
If you want 6 blades it includes 2 12 inch pieces of flat stock and you pay 20 per additional blade.  6 blades, 140 shipped.

The pictures of my car show the blades mocked up and Treesnakes car show the blade hard mounted. 

KNG SNKE

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 11:04:57 AM »

For the new Viper I bought a new set of 6 powder coated Diffuser Blades from KngSnk (John Rodriguez-Hardy). Diffuser blades come on all modern supercars and many newer junkers as well. The diffusers lower drag and add a little down force by straightening the "Caotic Airflow" coming from under the car.  Straight air flows faster than jumbled air.

On my Sapphire GTS I drilled and tapped 1/8" aluminium straps. I drilled an extra front hole in the middle and moved the inside blades to the edge of the frame. The 1998 GTS is different so I installed the blades the way most are located using 3 of the bumper attachment bolts behind the rear wheelwells and I drilled and installed RivNuts into support straps that go inside the rear bumper and hold the rear of the blades steady. Here is a picture of the blades attached at the front and the inner support strap holding the rear of the blades. Just need to drill the 3 holes through the bumper and move the support strap inside the bumper. Tighten all bolts and installation will be complete.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea