The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 01:55:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 842 Members
Latest Member: XEvilBestSaw
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  What's the real objective?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's the real objective?  (Read 2068 times)
Jax92

VCA Medal of Honor winner

« on: January 27, 2013, 09:47:25 AM »

Copied the online numbers from another website.  All those membership dollars going to support a web site that is being used primarily by non-members by a ratio of 6-1.  If I didn't know better, I'd think the VCA was nothing but a marketing arm for the sale of SRT's and Viper parts?  Nothing wrong with that I guess, since obviously that is the plan.

"There are currently 1449 users online. (198 members and 1251 guests)"
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:30:45 AM »

And 113 of those 198 are not currently doing anything (probably means the smart phone is attached).  Also depends on the settings in the background, some creative things can be done.  I've been watching for about 7 months and the best that I can tell there are about 150 give or take active users (Actually contribute), thats pretty sad.

I tried to contribute.  It's hard to contribute when there is a lack of interest.  That is true with all forums.  You are either a contributor or you're not.  The VCA (from a non owner stand point) is they are so exclusive in what they do, they turn away in droves any membership they could have in the future simply by they way they treat people that are not part of their exclusivity.  It's not that they prevent people from certain area's of the forum, they go further and put up big stop signs that prevent any involvemnt.

I don't have the inside background like Ted and I never will have because based on what I have learned, the VCA is really not something I would like to be a member of.  Not because there are a few at the top that use it as their own personal cookie jar or they ban people for raising their hand and asking a question. 

The VCA should be inviting every Viper owner to events and enjoying in the fun.  It's just that simple
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 04:23:33 AM »

i dont have a viper anymore but when i did, i never saw the vca turn away people (non vca) at events other than the VOI's. the ny/ct club goes out of its way to let people join in the fun. at least they used to.
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 05:54:57 AM »

i dont have a viper anymore but when i did, i never saw the vca turn away people (non vca) at events other than the VOI's. the ny/ct club goes out of its way to let people join in the fun. at least they used to.

The VOIs never turned away non VCA members.  As the title says:  Viper Owners Invitational.  Any Viper owner could always attend.  That was a Dodge mandate as they heavily funded the majority of them. 

Steve
shooter_t1
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 06:30:09 AM »

The VOIs never turned away non VCA members.  As the title says:  Viper Owners Invitational.  Any Viper owner could always attend.  That was a Dodge mandate as they heavily funded the majority of them. 

Steve

Just one more fun car club thing ruined in the last 4 years. I was going to attend the Utah one, even had my room reserved, but when Nationals arrogance and refusal to answer questions put forth by members became apparent, I decided my time and money were better spent elsewhere.
I think it's the VCA Invitational now anyways, as it's no longer a requirement to be a Viper owner, you just have to pony up the cash and drink Nationals cool-aid.
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 07:12:16 AM »

Just one more fun car club thing ruined in the last 4 years. I was going to attend the Utah one, even had my room reserved, but when Nationals arrogance and refusal to answer questions put forth by members became apparent, I decided my time and money were better spent elsewhere.
I think it's the VCA Invitational now anyways, as it's no longer a requirement to be a Viper owner, you just have to pony up the cash and drink Nationals cool-aid.

We went to 2 of them.  2002/2004.  We had fun, but I have never thought they were a good bang for the buck.  The pricing should always have been ala carte. my wife doesn't drag race or do the track thing. I've gone to other 3-4 day car club events where a drag strip was rented for the day, a road track for a day, a touring day, and a banquet meal for 1/3 the entry cost.  We prefer smaller settings anyway.  Much easier to move the ship and it doesn't take 15 minutes to get from your car to your room.  It becomes kinda like a dog and pony show at some point.

Steve
City

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »

Except Dimitrios and Dave.
2008 SRT/10
Get thee to the WIZARD
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 08:51:42 PM »

Dave666 you referring to? 

As far as the members/guests ... I see many (most) are chinese spammer/scammers and a waste of internet bandwidth.  Last time one from National posted their "numbers" they said "5,000+ members"  Of course that is unbelievable that so many were banned, suspended and even quit ... yet the membership grew?  So many active members with only a few active on the forums?  Their preference in banning the active members and the well known, helpful and posting members could be part of their plan to retain control without interference from the knowledgable and active members.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
City

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 10:36:42 AM »

A local Dave, viper owner and friend of many of the prior members.  He and D were sort of verbally assaulted at a region event with "either join and pay or leave".   

But things are changeing in NY/CT ... thank God.
2008 SRT/10
Get thee to the WIZARD
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 09:43:46 PM »

About time that a respected ex-member such as yourself said that something was changing for the better.  I don't think I've ever heard that saying about the VCA during the last 3-4 years.    :hayes:
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
City

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »

About time that a respected ex-member such as yourself said that something was changing for the better.  I don't think I've ever heard that saying about the VCA during the last 3-4 years.    :hayes:
I can't speak to National, but with Chuck Tator now officially in the mix in the NY/CT Region, it can only get better.  But we'll see.....  :idk:
2008 SRT/10
Get thee to the WIZARD
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 09:19:40 PM »

:2thumbsup:

They can try to corrupt Chuck ... but it won't work.  Chuck is the Wiz. 8)
JonB - PartsRack

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »

.........If I didn't know better, I'd think the VCA was nothing but a marketing arm for the sale of SRT's............  Nothing wrong with that I guess, since obviously that is the plan.   

That's what their 'juggernot' press release of Jan 15 claimed.....

If you have a proud owner base in a region, it has to help sales......I bet I helped 'close' waaay more than 100 sales to  newbees owners over the years.   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:36:58 PM by JonB - PartsRack » Logged
Sybil TF

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 07:45:14 PM »

Dave666 you referring to? 

You forgot a 6, He is trying to one up the the Devil! :lol:
You know who!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »

If I remember correctly the VCA price was $750 and the non member price was about $1300 at Utah?

The new byalws disallow any banned/suspended or refused to join people wouldn`t be allowed to the VCA VOI now that SRT/Chrysler doesn`t sponsor these events with the NEW VCA  ... ergo- no Viper Owner`s Invitational any longer.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea