The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 06:43:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 842 Members
Latest Member: XEvilBestSaw
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  Marketing juggernaut! Who knew?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marketing juggernaut! Who knew?  (Read 4975 times)
Jax92

VCA Medal of Honor winner

« on: February 08, 2013, 07:59:29 AM »

Found this recent press release from the Kansas area about this "marketing juggernaut" known as the VCA.  With 8 million hits each month to its website it's averaging just over 266,000 hits a day.
Who knew?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/excitement-builds-for-the-2013-viper-as-iconic-owners-club-takes-the-lead-on-global-marketing-campaign-186948661.html
shooter_t1
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:45:15 AM »

It's a paid site, where you send in a statement on whatever you want to claim, and they present it as fact. If you notice, the "source" is the vca, and the "quote" is provided by the head sock puppet.

A person could join and send in a report stating that the manufacture made a mistake when they built the ugly ass Prowler and wanted to apologize to the straight owners who bought the car. They didn't realize so many homo's would be attracted to it.
Heisenberg

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:06:13 AM »

its an embarrassing news article. so many hits, so few members. good job.
Jax92

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 12:24:37 PM »

How does that square with the IRS non-profit rules.  The VCA's stated mission in its tax retirn is to "advance Viper auto ownership experience."  Obviously the VCA is a marketing arm of Dodge/SRT, charged with promoting the sale of both the car and car parts.  If it's about ownership, it should have everything to do with current owners, not new ownership.  I have never seen a car manufacturer so active in the car club's business.  Don't know how they continue their 501(C) status.  It's a mystery to me.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:39:24 PM by Jax92 » Logged
DorisRose

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 01:34:06 PM »

......and I am Jenny McCarthy's body double. :hayes:
Sybil TF

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 01:40:34 PM »

How does that square with the IRS non-profit rules.  The VCA's stated mission in its tax retirn is to "advance Viper auto ownership experience."  Obviously the VCA is a marketing arm of Dodge/SRT, charged with promoting the sale of both the car and car parts.  If it's about ownership, it should have everything to do with current ownets,  not new ownership.  I have never seen a car manufacturer so active in the car club's business.  Don't know how they continue their 501(C) status.  It's a mystery to me.

Your kidding me. Look at who they support politically.
You know who!
JonB - PartsRack

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 03:09:21 PM »

It's a paid site, where you send in a statement on whatever you want to claim, and they present it as fact. If you notice, the "source" is the vca, .........

There is a certain, proven expertise in that regard!

I am guessing and would wager that sumbuddy did not get the proper permissions from Chrysler before releasing this self-aggrandizement.  Chrysler has folks that search the internet continuously for their corporate name...Dept Interns also do that kind of work.     Perhaps the 'press release' is practice for the mag's newest editor?   

I remember the 25,000th Viper ceremony and the club vp posted that Cerberus' CEO  "Bob Nardelli looks like a shrimp" when standing alongside the club prez at CAAP.  I quietly alerted them to the insult that WOULD get picked up at Chrysler HQ.  (I was a good-guy-insider back then)  They immediately deleted their OWN insult that time.    I suspect the same guy authored the "release."
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 04:10:28 PM »

......and I am Jenny McCarthy's body double. :hayes:

Doris ... who's Jenny McCarthy?  I'm gonna search for her pic ...
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
JonB - PartsRack

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »

Doris ... who's Jenny McCarthy?  I'm gonna search for her pic ...

Since we read it on the INTERNET the BodyDouble claim must be true!

{I can positively confirm that the Jenny and Doris  are almost EXACTLY  the same......................................................age.)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 11:44:05 PM »

Oh, wow, Playboy Bunnie   ...  you've grown some since I saw you last Doris   :D

http://ca.askmen.com/celebs/women/models/8_jenny_mccarthy.html
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Heisenberg

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 02:21:41 PM »

"This marketing juggernaut does not go unnoticed by Chrysler.  In late 1999 they began enrolling new owners in the Viper Club of America as part of their new Viper purchase in the United States. "

well thats no longer the case anymore. srt pulled support for the COOL program as well. no more promoting the vca with COOL memberships from SRT. the 2013 Viper purchase will not include membership to the vca. its interesting lee published this press release on 1/15/2013 because it was on 1/9/2013 that srt told him and the officers they were pulling support for COOL as well as ads in the viper magazine.

keep up the good work wet sock.

Jax92

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 05:40:20 PM »

I can't believe that Ralph and SRT had any idea this release was coming.  I'm sure they ate as surprised as anyone else.  It just goes to show you that those guys live in another universe.  You would think that PR would be all over the VCA website.  I'll bet if anyone posts the link on the VA site it will disappear in seconds.  I'm moderated or else I would be glad to do it.
Jax92

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 06:04:20 PM »

Looks like the website daily hits are less than 7,000.  That comes to about 210,000/mo.  A touch short of 8,000,000 hits as stated by Lee.  I ran the press release thru a truth scanner and it said there were 2 true statements in the release.  Which ones?

http://digsitevalue.net/s/viperclub.org
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »

Wow, that's impressive.  Doesn't make any sense though :idk:

The Liberal party does a lot of BS press releases until they are now called the Lieberal or Fiberal party.  Things are so great and the economy is the best in the world, but so many people are moving out of province or 9 hrs from home to find work that it's a bunch of crap.

Wonder how many "members" there would be (according to the VCA forums) if all the discontinued and banned or moderated members were removed from the forums?  I've removed more than a hundred from the VG membership list because they never posted or read too much like spammers.  I should probably remove some more too.  The TWO members I banned from this site also lost their threads and posts because they never should have joined the VG anyway.
Heisenberg

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 08:07:22 AM »

The TWO members I banned from this site also lost their threads and posts because they never should have joined the VG anyway.

careful ted, youre sounding like the dicktators over at the vca banning people for any reason. :D
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea