The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 21, 2018, 04:12:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24599 Posts in 1931 Topics by 803 Members
Latest Member: Benniemous
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  Viper Trucks  |  Truck Mods - What Have You Done?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Truck Mods - What Have You Done?  (Read 1192 times)
oldcolt

« on: July 01, 2012, 09:56:25 PM »

2006 SRT10 RC Brilliant Black

1st mod.....second day I owned it: K&N CAI. Sounded great, most likely cost power, due to heat in the engine compartment. Sold it and went back to stock box with a K&N drop in.

Other mods: Magna-flow cat back. Blew a hole in the muffler as many have, after a very short period of time. I have the MOPAR/Borla system now. MOPAR Longtube headers and catless mids, nice addition, very small gain if any at my altitude (3600ft). Truck is lowered with JTSVP kit, poly bushings and Cal-tracs.

Go faster mods: Striker heads, Crower roller rockers and custom Striker cam. Went from 387rwhp/410tq to 575rwhp/585tq. :driving:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:02:25 PM by oldcolt » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:17:25 PM »

I wrote a How To thread on how to cancel out the rear 02 sensors when removing cats.  Originally my car had simms ... which didn't work for very long.  I used sparkplug non-foulers to adjust the computer for no cats.

I also bought a CAI system that was supposed to increase the hp. in the wife's Hemi Ram (08).  Using my Vericom computer I found out that it slowed the truck down by a couple tenths of a second in the quarter mile.  My wife said that it had to go because it was ssooo noisy.  That $500 became the son's Bday present.  I think that it could have made more hp, but since it slowed the truck down I think it must have leaned it out a bit.  I did buy a Diablo Predator tuner ($435) later.  I also replaced the paper filter with a K&N replacment. 

I have a set of shorty headers which I plan to instal because the Hemi exhaust manifolds remind me of the "smog dog" 1974 log manifolds.  I gutted the cats and although I originally had Diablo send me a "Catless" tune ... that was stolen inside my Dell Car Computer when I went to Texas and bought my TT GTS.  Now I've gone back to sparkplug nonfoulers and the stock tune.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
oldcolt

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »

No sims here. It's all in the tune. But to be honest, I am considering installing high flow cats. The exhaust smell is bothering me a bit.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »

They probably wouldn't make much hp difference if you were running dual 3"  exhaust.   MAYBE weld in some Ys and add a dump .. for track?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea