The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 12, 2018, 05:16:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 837 Members
Latest Member: Mondello_
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  Viper Trucks  |  Truck Mods - What Have You Done?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Truck Mods - What Have You Done?  (Read 1354 times)
oldcolt

« on: July 01, 2012, 09:56:25 PM »

2006 SRT10 RC Brilliant Black

1st mod.....second day I owned it: K&N CAI. Sounded great, most likely cost power, due to heat in the engine compartment. Sold it and went back to stock box with a K&N drop in.

Other mods: Magna-flow cat back. Blew a hole in the muffler as many have, after a very short period of time. I have the MOPAR/Borla system now. MOPAR Longtube headers and catless mids, nice addition, very small gain if any at my altitude (3600ft). Truck is lowered with JTSVP kit, poly bushings and Cal-tracs.

Go faster mods: Striker heads, Crower roller rockers and custom Striker cam. Went from 387rwhp/410tq to 575rwhp/585tq. :driving:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:02:25 PM by oldcolt » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:17:25 PM »

I wrote a How To thread on how to cancel out the rear 02 sensors when removing cats.  Originally my car had simms ... which didn't work for very long.  I used sparkplug non-foulers to adjust the computer for no cats.

I also bought a CAI system that was supposed to increase the hp. in the wife's Hemi Ram (08).  Using my Vericom computer I found out that it slowed the truck down by a couple tenths of a second in the quarter mile.  My wife said that it had to go because it was ssooo noisy.  That $500 became the son's Bday present.  I think that it could have made more hp, but since it slowed the truck down I think it must have leaned it out a bit.  I did buy a Diablo Predator tuner ($435) later.  I also replaced the paper filter with a K&N replacment. 

I have a set of shorty headers which I plan to instal because the Hemi exhaust manifolds remind me of the "smog dog" 1974 log manifolds.  I gutted the cats and although I originally had Diablo send me a "Catless" tune ... that was stolen inside my Dell Car Computer when I went to Texas and bought my TT GTS.  Now I've gone back to sparkplug nonfoulers and the stock tune.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
oldcolt

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »

No sims here. It's all in the tune. But to be honest, I am considering installing high flow cats. The exhaust smell is bothering me a bit.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »

They probably wouldn't make much hp difference if you were running dual 3"  exhaust.   MAYBE weld in some Ys and add a dump .. for track?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea