The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 03:51:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 842 Members
Latest Member: XEvilBestSaw
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  Just cracks me up when people have VIN & Numbers questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just cracks me up when people have VIN & Numbers questions  (Read 5132 times)
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« on: February 10, 2013, 10:22:47 PM »

Saw another question about VIN and # of and what is the last one today....

Just makes me laugh when I see these. Don't they know there is no one over on the VCA (that has access to the data) that wants to answer those questions....  I felt like raising my hand and saying I know.... then clicked close and moved on
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 06:52:32 PM »

Maybe you should have PM'd that "All the answers are on theViperGarage.com" website and see if you got a reply.  My PM was intercepted over there and I was warned that I would be considered "an enemy of the Club" for complaining to the upper Chryskler management (Ralph Gillies) about a VCA exec.  My intentions towards the CLUB were never questioned ... however during CM's group reign (still on) they considered themselves to BE THE CLUB. (members don't matter?).
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:58:16 PM »

it always cracks me up that people give a flying **** about vin numbers other than to check if it was stolen
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:19:17 PM »

Well, that pretty much makes what I do pointless
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:21:55 PM »

Possible that you knew a lot about Phil's silver GTS from the vin.  Although I doubt Phil cares how many other silver GTSs were made ...
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 05:10:09 AM »

i just dont get why some guys care ? they sit around and talk about how many were made with this or that and jerk each other off. i just dont get it... and yes to me its pointless but if you like it, knock yourself out

if i like a color combo of a car, i like it. couldnt care less how many were made or still on the road or what plant it came from, that useless info for me
Canadian Snake

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:39:53 AM »

I try to find out as much as I can about my rides, My Shelby was 1 of 7 to arrive in Canada with my colour and stripe delete, just a cool stat to know.. I'm Still trying to find out how many Vipers are in my province I figured 5 max, 3 of those I have cruised with. I figured I had the only red vert but someone told me there were 25-30 total Vipers lurking around here! Seems like a high number for a population of a half a million people but who knows  :idk:
shooter_t1
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 07:22:04 AM »

Ted,
Plums been grumpy since he sold his Viper... :D
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 08:15:50 AM »

i just dont get why some guys care ? they sit around and talk about how many were made with this or that and jerk each other off. i just dont get it... and yes to me its pointless but if you like it, knock yourself out

if i like a color combo of a car, i like it. couldnt care less how many were made or still on the road or what plant it came from, that useless info for me

This must be the reason Lee got all jacked out of shape when I started talking registry.  Why would anybody care about such useless information about a car where most will end up a pile of scrap anyway.  But this thread has given me some insight.  The Modern MOPAR guy is nothing like the Classic MOPAR guy.  Guess I'm just a dinosaur wandering around in the modern era with rose colored glasses looking for something that isn't there.  I will continue to be "Pointless" in a "Classic" kind of way

Vj
― Winston Churchill
Sybil TF

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 08:56:28 AM »

Ted,
Plums been grumpy since he sold his Viper... :D

:lol: Time to buy another one.
You know who!
Canadian Snake

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »

:lol: Time to buy another one.

Why even hang around viper less :headscratch:
ICPREY

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 09:59:09 AM »

This must be the reason Lee got all jacked out of shape when I started talking registry.  Why would anybody care about such useless information about a car where most will end up a pile of scrap anyway.  But this thread has given me some insight.  The Modern MOPAR guy is nothing like the Classic MOPAR guy.  Guess I'm just a dinosaur wandering around in the modern era with rose colored glasses looking for something that isn't there.  I will continue to be "Pointless" in a "Classic" kind of way

Vj

I don't think it's pointless to keep track of things that may help the value of these cars in the future. I know cars are not good investments, but you never know what might come up in the future that would force someone to sell their car. Looking at old Mopars is great example. If the car was a 1 of 4, but we know from keeping records that the other 3 were totaled then it becomes a 1 of 1 and the value will increase.
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 11:48:48 AM »

I never gave two hoots when I cared about old mopars. Its just my stupid opinion. Caring about vin numbers to me seems way to windbreakerish for me. I know I'm probably in the minority but I know afew who agree with me.

Its all good.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 04:02:30 PM »

Sometimes the VIN is important.  To people that are into STOCK it is very important.

My 440 Duster has the serial # for a 318.  Irrelevant to some how it started as the car is a complete restomod and even the body has a complete change ... but to the VIN guy it did start as a premium value car and therefor  it does have a higher value (even modified).

My 2000 Red/silver ACR was 1 or only 25 built.  But I doubt that Sheldon paid me extra for that fact.  It did look good on my showcar information though. 

I'm waiting for Jeff to gather the specs on my plain Black 99 GTS.  Just because I don't know. 
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 01:55:02 PM »

seems way to windbreakerish for me

I have no idea what that means........

However......

I do see the point, what does it really matter and looking over at the International Viper Registry, it is really clear that many if not most share your view on the subject.  Built, modified, and then left for ruin do to lack of involvement and attention.  I'm sure at some point over the next few years forgotten all together and erased.  Such is the things with history.  Then the history is told by those that think they remember something that someone had said at one time or another and it just becomes real due to the lack of any other information.  Like the VCA, I see a lot of that here also.  I see it on the truck sites too.  So it's nothing new and it's surely not and isolated feeling between a few people.  It's as wide spread as it can possibly be.  I went back over to the VCA and was doing some research just on the IVR.  Wanted to know more about the general feeling so many years ago.  I learned 1 of 3 things, I was searching incorrectly or not many people really talked about it or things were deleted over time.  My thought is, it was a combination of all 3, but more than likely, I was just searching wrong.  Found lots of stuff where people started individual registries but just not much every happened.  Went on for a year or two and then.... bust.

My work will continue, I will have at some point the most complete list known, it just may be a bit more private than I wanted.  I will share anything I find, just ask.  Right now, the details for the Vipers is coming along slowly and has not been on my priority list.  Ted, I have the build information and that is about it (on both your Vipers).  Really didn't know if it was something you wanted so I just never posted up.  All the other stuff, I'm sure that I'm several years away for being able to tell (by VIN) the details of each Viper and it's operational status, as that changes every second and I just mark Vipers as Totaled when I know, really don't go looking for them. 

Ted, with that pretty much out of the way, I don't have a whole lot to contribute.  I look forward to some good reading in the mean time

Have a Great Day

Vj
― Winston Churchill
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea