The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 07:58:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 835 Members
Latest Member: viper007
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  Just cracks me up when people have VIN & Numbers questions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just cracks me up when people have VIN & Numbers questions  (Read 4927 times)
JonB - PartsRack

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 02:32:47 PM »

I did something to ruin / mess up my viewing format here. All turned to a blue skeleton outline, and not the free-flow-forum masks.  DANG.

That said, JEFF:  As you know, I was a charter-paid-member of IVR from back in 1993. I recognize that some collectors, and especially some marque clubs, live-and-die by Matching Numbers and model-feature rarity.   Since the whole dang line is so rare, (more Vettes built in 1 year than Vipers in 20 years) the hunger for info and rarity does not have as many heads addicted to it.  Numbers matter to some, and not to others.

That said, I am glad that only 1 x 2009 Orange/Black centerband  ACR exists, 1 of 2 built. In my garage. Other One was totalled, now a race-car in NE.   And that only ONE GTS was the very first-ever CAAP Pick-Up car, 6/8/96 ceremony, and that it was the 1st one ever released to an Owner. In my garage; And that lighning struck twice, in that the first-ever SRT-Coupe released to an owner, First Edition 2006 #007 10/28/05 was to Me/Doris at CAAP in a small ceremony. Mr. Gilles autographed it and drove it off the line!;    And that 2009 SRT-8 Charger Super-Bee #425/425 [touted as the 'last Bee ever' back in 2009/10] is also parked here. I wont mention Indy Ram #3/2500, used at the 1996 Indy 500 race!    Yeah, numbers matter to some....   Thanks for your efforts
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 02:57:25 PM »

Not sure what happened to the SKIN, it has been gone for a while now (after an upgrade I think).

So tell me, why did the IVR died in 2008.  it was all set for me to help bring it current last year, then.......  Everything was just forgotten.  I don't think anyone but the current VCA Presidency knows why that is.  I just couldn't figure out why it died in the first place. 

The effort will be there till the day I die, my blood runs Viper Red!

Vj
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
oldcolt

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »

One day the world will know you are that guy.......Did you ask ViperJeff?? He has all the info on viper cars and trucks. One day! :goodjob:
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 09:21:40 PM »

One day the world will know you are that guy.......Did you ask ViperJeff?? He has all the info on viper cars and trucks. One day! :goodjob:

Well, they will have to come here to theViperGarage, The VTCoA or the VR.  The days of reaching out to 10's of various forums came to an end in 2012.  Because I respect the views of the folks here far more than other places, even with my rash statements at times, I understand that the Registry is not something to jam down ones throat and expect them to enjoy it.  It is after all, an aquired taste.  So just back to taking it easy, building a list, and learning

Sorry guys for my outburst, it was uncalled for

Have a good evening all,
Vj
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
shooter_t1
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 05:37:20 AM »

Jeff, what info do you want. The 09 ACR I just bought, and the 09 Aero Coupe I had before are both 1 of 1 cars. Do you collect the vins or something?
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 08:06:24 AM »

Jeff, what info do you want. The 09 ACR I just bought, and the 09 Aero Coupe I had before are both 1 of 1 cars. Do you collect the vins or something?

As strange as it may seem, I have every Viper VIN 1992 thru 2010.  What I continue to collect is MDH, and Color.  optional is Owner Screen name, city, state and country.  The Real name is not so important as Vipers change hands and it allows me to keep personal information to a minimum.  City, State and Country are fun, because I get to see where they are.   The MDH is important because it is the birth date and hour.  I can get the build date through other means, except for the hour.  Color, well, that is just one of those fun things.  having started my little adventure with the Viper Trucks, all the interiors were the same, so.......  I really didn't care.  Even after learning the different versions of interior, I still didn't really venture into that realm.  I probably should because all the mini registries are built on it.

The original reason for building this list was build numbers.  Dodge, Chrysler and more than likely SRT is not going to do build numbers for every Viper.  Just a select few get that honor.  With the MDH and VIN I've been able to figure some of that out.  Is it official, no, however, it is something that will never be part of Dodge, Chrysler or SRT.   Like Plum, not everyone agrees with my endeavor and thats OK.  Right now, every RAM SRT-10 has a Build Number, all the 1992 Vipers have a build number (based on VIN and Build Date not just the VIN) and again, it's not official, it's just something I'm doing because Dodge, Chrysler and SRT haven't.

Participation is optional.

My Registry is far different than any other Registry out there.  I've built it buy researching and gathering information as opposed to waiting for someone to fill out an online form.  My database (when done) will be completely VIN searchable with the exception of Registered Vipers and Viper Trucks, VIN's are removed and are searched by using your Registry Number (Preserves a little Privacy).  Then also, I track what ever people want to share, to include mods, awards, magazine write ups, you name it. 

History, just trying to preserve history.

Hope that helps

Vj
― Winston Churchill
Sybil TF

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 08:58:31 AM »

Sorry guys for my outburst, it was uncalled for

Have a good evening all,
Vj

I think what you do is pretty cool! Some one has to do it.
You know who!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 02:49:28 PM »

Thanks for the effort and compliments to the site Jeff.  Plum doesn't disagree with what you're doing, he just doesn't have any use for the info.  He's not into collecting is all.

Some people are into collecting in a big way and insist on "unadulterated pure - as left the assembly line of the manufacturer"

Jeff, perhaps you could send this info out to all 03/04 SRT owners you have because it's a safety issue/recall ...   

http://news.yahoo.com/chrysler-recalls-4-278-viper-sports-cars-airbag-133031998--finance.html 

No failures or injuries but it was previously recalled on the Jeeps (same item).  Is this info that you'll keep on your registry?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »

Why yes it is
― Winston Churchill
Gateway Viper

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 08:26:31 PM »

I'm aware of what started the IVR into a downward spiral, and falling out with the almightys... It was JH's greed that had been enabled for years through a contract by a past vca pres.   In 2006 or so,  there were some changes starting to occur- although it looked to be for the better.  JHs contract was exposed for what it was and who it was profiting.  Anyway, his contract with the VCA to run the site and site classifieds was terminated.  The IVR continued, but a an independent company to the VCA.  That ended the $$ for him, and brought central control of the website to CM.  Once you fall out of favor with CM, you're out.   ::)         
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »

Glad I'm independent from Chrysler, Dodge, SRT and everyone else and have no favors to live up to or be denied
― Winston Churchill
JonB - PartsRack

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 03:51:35 PM »

I'm aware of what started the IVR into a downward spiral, and falling out with the almightys... It was JH's greed that had been enabled for years through a contract by a past vca pres.   In 2006 or so,  there were some changes starting to occur- although it looked to be for the better.  JHs contract was exposed for what it was and who it was profiting.  Anyway, his contract with the VCA to run the site and site classifieds was terminated.  The IVR continued, but a an independent company to the VCA.  That ended the $$ for him, and brought central control of the website to CM.  Once you fall out of favor with CM, you're out.   ::)       

GATEWAY! What a cynic you are!!  [Or, is it cynical when it's true!?!? ] A corollary to your formula:   "If you dont have the proper initials or know the secret insider handshake, you are not allowed to ___ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____"

Others can fill in the blanks...... 
Sybil TF

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2013, 07:03:11 PM »

Gateway as in St. Louis?
You know who!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 04:00:38 PM »

Personally I wouldn't hire Chris Marshall to run my General Store is how I grade his performance as a CEO of VCA and VPoA.  He'd have run out of employees after firing a couple of them.  Word gets around in a small town.  Here in the big wide world of the internet his name is getting around a lot, and other than his and his bud's publishings I havn't read anything good about him.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Gateway Viper

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 12:50:44 PM »

Hello, Jon!  It's been a while, but, glad to see you still have the passion...  I just can't tell you how disgusted I am with how things have turned for the club, and for lifelong supporters- specifically Jon and Janni.  As a former regional president, DAL and multiple national committee member, it's so disheartening to see all the postive work and momentum fall by the wayside and come under nazi control. 

Sybil, yes, I'm in St. Louis.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea