The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 01:15:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 842 Members
Latest Member: XEvilBestSaw
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  New car club. Is one needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New car club. Is one needed  (Read 991 times)
Jax92

VCA Medal of Honor winner

« on: February 16, 2013, 08:30:18 AM »

I thought I'd start a new thread regarding Viper car clubs.  Ther was some previous discussion in another thread with both sides having merit.
I guess the question is "is it feasible to savage the curren VCA?"  Has too much damage been done, and is it worth saving?
If so, how?  If not what are the alternatives?
Should the Regions just do their own thing, or is a National club really needed?

My 2cents:
After all is said and done, I believe a NC is needed.  Not a monster like the VCA, but a club that assists the RC 's in their mission.  Further, the NCRS was founded in 1974, 21 years after the intro of the '53 vette.  If it did not have a national representation, it would have been impossible to creat e such a legacy for the Marque.  New entrants into the Viper world will be buying up the GEN1-2's and it will take a coordinated national effort to provide consistent info for the restoration and/ or maintenance of these cars.  I think the legacy will be lost thru if there is  uncoordinated club representation.
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 08:46:10 AM »

vca will never be fixed, its beyond repair and it would take YEARS to even crack the surface IMO

start fresh.
Sybil TF

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 09:35:19 AM »

After all is said and done, I believe a NC is needed. 

That's what I said! It looks like you all ready have one here. You started it in the appreciation thread. I'll join soon. Just bought some header's :D
You know who!
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 08:18:37 AM »

I thought I'd start a new thread regarding Viper car clubs.  Ther was some previous discussion in another thread with both sides having merit.
I guess the question is "is it feasible to savage the curren VCA?"  Has too much damage been done, and is it worth saving?
If so, how?  If not what are the alternatives?
Should the Regions just do their own thing, or is a National club really needed?

My 2cents:
After all is said and done, I believe a NC is needed.  Not a monster like the VCA, but a club that assists the RC 's in their mission.  Further, the NCRS was founded in 1974, 21 years after the intro of the '53 vette.  If it did not have a national representation, it would have been impossible to creat e such a legacy for the Marque.  New entrants into the Viper world will be buying up the GEN1-2's and it will take a coordinated national effort to provide consistent info for the restoration and/ or maintenance of these cars.  I think the legacy will be lost thru if there is  uncoordinated club representation.

The Corvette model does work quite well.  but……To my knowledge, there is no single Corvette registry approximating anything close to the Viper organization.  There are literally 100s of Corvette clubs.  Some are called National Clubs.  One national club  is the NCRS as you mention, but it represents much less than 1% of Corvette owners.   I became aware of this 5 or 6 years ago.  I have die hard Corvette friends who simply join the closest local club to them for $10-$20 per year. It seems so much simpler.

I’m in favor of the Viper having unity,purpose, and longevity through local clubs.  I just no longer see the advantage of having to have this all tied together….especially given the trappings it entails.  The idea that any car club needs to have an operating budget in the high 6 figures is self defeating IMO.   Viper enjoyment comes at the 100% volunteer local level for the vast majority of Viper owners. The VCA does not assist us in any way necessary to maintain or improve what we provide members.  …or shall I re-phrase that and say:  We would not miss a beat if there were no national club.  Nor would any other regional club that consists of members passionate about their car and willing to volunteer their services for the good of their members.

Like all iconic cars, the Viper will easily live on for generations. This will occur with…or without the VCA.

Steve

Sybil TF

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 06:45:03 PM »

vca will never be fixed, its beyond repair and it would take YEARS to even crack the surface IMO

start fresh.

Have you gotten in trouble over there?
You know who!
plumcrazy
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:21:42 PM »

not to my knowledge. i probably should have been banned years ago for some of the shit i say there.
Sybil TF

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 04:51:54 PM »

not to my knowledge. i probably should have been banned years ago for some of the shit i say there.

That's what I figured. Eyeballs everywhere. They got me. :-\
You know who!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea