The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 07:02:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24598 Posts in 1931 Topics by 788 Members
Latest Member: Blitz8282
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  General Viper Discussions  |  Viper Events  |  7th annual Texas Viper Round Up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7th annual Texas Viper Round Up  (Read 3000 times)
shooter_t1
« on: February 22, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »

Fellow Viper Owner,

It’s that time of year again…time for the 7th annual Texas Viper Round Up. The rules are simple, if you have a Viper, you are invited  Just imagine a caravan of Vipers as far as you can see in front of you and behind you slithering through the Texas Hill Country on some of the best roads around…yes, it is quite the scene! So, schedule time off of work, drop off the kids at the folks place and make sure you bring a camera for this fantastic event! There are a few details that we are holding off till you get here, but the idea is simple. Also, please feel free to forward this onto ANYONE that you know owns a Viper…feel free to also forward them the facebook invite that is listed below (almost 30 folks already have).
2013 Viper Round Up Preview - YouTube

For those of you who haven't been to one:

What it basically is: a three day event where Viper owners get together to meet each other, check out various cars/modifications and learn about their cars and fellow owners...all the while enjoying fantastic driving through the Texas Hill Country and partaking in great food and drink

Pretty simple...there is NO registration fee, it is open to all Viper owners...just a bunch of us getting together for a good time

Now, for the nitty gritty:

- Date: March 8-10th

- Hotel Information (trailer friendly): Candlewood Suites, 1100 Cottonwood Creek Trail, Cedar Park, TX, (512) 986-4825 Room block will be held till Feb 15th…good parking, great visibility and Cedar Park Police will be keeping an eye on our cars.

- NO event registration fee 

Day 1 March 8th: This is when we all start to arrive at the host hotel and catch our breath and a drink over at Texas Roadhouse (just a walk across the parking lot) starting at 7:00pm and lasting till the last person leaves. Driver’s packets to be handed out at hotel…and of course a cool set of round up specific driving music to be handed out as well 

Day 2 March 9th: THE DRIVE. Yes that is right, we have quite the drive setup. Twisties, wide straight aways, etc. You name it, it will be on the route! Lunch will be located in the hill country in a spot that most Texans don’t even know is a world known location! Lifelong memories will be made on this drive…I guarantee it, just ask the repeat visitors  We continue the cruising and picture taking and make our way slithering through the hill country back into town where we have a special dinner location picked out that you won’t want to miss!!! Get the cameras ready!

Day 3 March 10th: The race! Yup, time to take your skills and hit the track! Go kart track that is. This is where we put the trash talking and bragging to the test from the day of driving the day before. Here is a link to pass along to your club members so everyone can preregister before they arrive: https://k1austin.clubspeedtiming.com.../register.aspx At the end of the form they will need to add the event code: #45226. Everyone will still need to check in at the front counter when they arrive to sign an electronic pad to finalize the registration process.

A big thanks to Ray, Leslie, Ashley and Chris for their help with setting up this event! This will be one to remember!!! 

To RSVP by facebook…click here https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/553510381326952/ . Or you can email me at ryanfox@austin.rr.com

If you have ANY questions, please feel encouraged to shoot me an email or call.

Thanks and we hope to see you in March!

Ryan Fox
512-565-2094
ryanfox@austin.rr.com

shooter_t1
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:51:30 PM »

I posted this event, as I was surprised it hasn't been posted before. Lot's of fun. My wife and I have been to 2, and plan to attend this one.

You DO NOT have to be a club member...just need to own a Viper.
Sybil TF

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:08:14 PM »

Make sure you get lots of pics!!!!!!
You know who!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 12:42:49 AM »

I believe that Leslie (Texas) posted that her and her husband attended last year and had a blast and enjoyed meeting all the Texas owners!

Too far for me though.

Shooter - when is the Big Bend Open Road Rally and where is it?  I heard great things about that event and am interested in finding sponsors to attend and compete in that one ... :2thumbsup:
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
shooter_t1
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 06:24:54 AM »

I believe that Leslie (Texas) posted that her and her husband attended last year and had a blast and enjoyed meeting all the Texas owners!

Too far for me though.

Shooter - when is the Big Bend Open Road Rally and where is it?  I heard great things about that event and am interested in finding sponsors to attend and compete in that one ... :2thumbsup:

We had a great time the last 2 roundup's we went to. Didn't go last year, but decided we would go to this one. We have some good friends with an SSG ACR that we travel with. Good times.

The Big Bend Open Road Race is April 24 - 27, 2013 in Ft Stockton, Tx
http://www.bborr.com/

The BBORR fills up fast. You send your entry in the 1st day of the year, and hope you got it in before the slots are taken.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 12:42:28 PM »

I have that event listed on my bucket list.  Too far but Blue said it's a better event than the world class SSCC.us rally that I've been doing the last couple years
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
shooter_t1
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 01:37:39 PM »

I was planning on doing the BBORR last year...but work got in the way. Now that I have the ACR, I would have to see if JonB could get me an Aero Coupe wing, as the 1000+ pounds of DF is a little more then needed. My Aero Coupe was actually set up for the 168 MPH class, but I wanted this ACR I bought pretty bad. :)
Viper Spray

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 07:04:58 PM »

I will be there with the shiny car....
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 02:11:31 AM »

I will be there with the shiny car....

You're entered?   :goodjob:
shooter_t1
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 05:25:39 AM »

You're entered?   :goodjob:

I bet Spray is talking about the roundup Ted. That's what this thread was about before it was hijacked.

I'm looking forward to the roundup Spray. Ryan usually does a good job.
Viper Spray

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 10:43:01 AM »

Yea, the round up
The race is on my list tho....
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 01:36:59 AM »

Ohhh, sorry.  Too far for the round up, but I did read other years that it was awesome.  Hal mentioned it as well.
shooter_t1
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 09:00:26 AM »

Ohhh, sorry.  Too far for the round up, but I did read other years that it was awesome.  Hal mentioned it as well.

1st one we went to was in 2009. Didn't know anyone, and I was new to Viper's. People came from pretty far away if I remember. I bet it won't be snowing Ted...or have temps below 40 deg. :D
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 10:16:16 AM »

Well it is 3,500 miles to get there, and the same distance home so ...

Snow can be fun too - you know.  I just drove 1200miles and that included getting a speeding ticket from a cop that wants to buy a Stealth TT and driving through 3 Blizzards.  120 people at my Aunt's Memorial service and 3 cars were crashed trying to get to Kelowna last Friday.  I'm pretty good at drifting so I had fun, like the Semi that slid into my "groove" and missed my car by at least 2"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea