The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 07:58:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24622 Posts in 1936 Topics by 835 Members
Latest Member: viper007
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  viperclub.org threads
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: viperclub.org threads  (Read 6153 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 09:27:46 PM »

VPoA is running out of parts I think.  Any 2010 6060 trannies left?  Anyone there have extensive knowledge on their product as JonB, Chuck Tator, Dan Cragin, Dan from VS?  Would you buy braces for your teeth from a politician?  I wouldn`t buy Viper parts from a Policitician, even is he has a free membership to the new VCA.

Review the thread where Trevor Cameron couldn`t get his $5800 hood from the new VCA, Chris Marshall, Marv Spatz and Bobbie Cergionnie.  Read all the BS stories from Chris, from Robert, from Marv, etc.  I posted here as often as I could about each joke contact about Trev`s hood.  It took this website, Phil, Leslie, JonB and many others complaining before marv finally sent Trev a cheque to replace the money he spent on the hood that he eventually received broken and paint gouged.  Absolutely disgracefull.  An honest business would have replaced his hood after 1 or 2 complaints and not waited more than a year to show some integrity.

I paid Venom membership and got exactly nothing.  Yep, nothing.  I was donating to the OLD VCA as Chris Marshall said the club would fail.  Chris said that the Viper Magazine was a complete waste of money (although the mag sent him $1000+ for expenses on the 1 story he wrote).  I wrote more than a half dozen stories with prof pics and received $0 - buttkiss.  Although I got hundreds of members thank yous and the owner of JRT sent me a thankyou card.  The VCA admin gave me the boot.  Chris Marshall appreciated the effort and money I spent so much that he had the 3 stories in the final JRT magazine deleted, after he fired them so he could collect the advertising money, right? 

As far as the raffle tickets (venom discount?) I stopped feeling secure about the honesty and integrity of the raffles after finding out what Chris Marshall`s interests and motives for the club were.  The Clubs worst enemies are it`s officers.

As much as I distrusted new management with the Viper Raffle, I trusted JonB and at the Farewell dinner after VOI 11, JonB raffled (honestly) off so much stuff that everyone in the room managed at least 3 prizes.  I am lucky and excepting the Viper raffle I normally win at most raffles and won a set of Belanger headers at that dinner!
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
FlashFyre

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 03:47:40 AM »

So in sense the membership fees get me the magazine. A badge and ability to purchase raffle tickets are junk imo. To make the discount worthwhile, one would have to purchase a large order.

Last time I checked the Illustrated Upgrades is still locked to non-VCA members. Most of the information available is through other members, not delivered by the VCA exclusively. So in a sense, the VCA is profiting off the knowledge of its members if you want to tote the availability of technical info.

The website should be funded by the advertising of parts suppliers/dealers, not by memberships. On most other car forums this is exactly how it is done. There is no "membership dues" to run the site.

I am one of those "new" viper owners. Not as bad as some of the stories out there but if I have to search around for a decent price, I will. I do not see the sense is wasting $ when I could otherwise not have to.
JonB - PartsRack

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 06:18:24 PM »

..........Dan/JonB,  miss you guys being more active and a voice of knowledge.  Certainly can see your pain with the economics of the new generation used car owners.  You guys have a ton of knowldege and truly help people with problems or upgrades.  Too much of the market seems to be price not quality!
Mike   

Mike, Flash, etal  Thanks for the kind words.....   

I cant speak for Dan, but the BEST part of my work is helping newbees, and veterens who have simply not modified their cars for varios reasons, til NOW. And I like helping owners who have wrecked their cars. 

I also enjoy instructing, and have my creds for  NARRA/Viper Days, PCA, ICSCC and LamboNW.   I truly love to instruct a novice   so that they can understand, appreciate, and be safer in their cars. (TedH is one of my grads, so is DorisR.)

I enjoy all the pro-con-detailed banter when lines are not holding. And I hope I earn their trust to buy something from me when the time comes.   

I do get grumpy sometimes with repeat price-fighters on sub-$100 items, where I discuss and consult about for 15+ minutes!  My time is worth something, aint it?   Im the chump to consult for free.  I dont get upset at bypass #1, or even #2.... becaue I enjoy the chats.   But when shoppers pick my brain 3+ times, and all 3 times buy elsewhere that offered them little-NO advice, Wrong advice, NO experience, NO hands-on, just to save a few $$?!?   I then reserve the right to be less than forthcoming on call # 4 or #5.   Call me a grump?   

JonB~~~~:<~   

Jax92

VCA Medal of Honor winner

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 06:49:13 PM »

Hey, Grump!!
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 09:44:51 PM »

As in Grumpy Jenkins?  One of the best drag racers in his day ...
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
shooter_t1
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »

I enjoy all the pro-con-detailed banter when lines are not holding. And I hope I earn their trust to buy something from me when the time comes.   

That worked on me. And I am a world famous not nice person.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2013, 08:38:59 PM »

" not nice"?  That's NOT what JonB and Leslie told me ... 

I imagine that you're referring to Chris Marshal, Marv Spatz and Lee's opinions? 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea