The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2018, 06:01:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 827 Members
Latest Member: dmillerc6
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  How To Instructions  |  How-to section  |  Built a fuel pump hanger..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Built a fuel pump hanger..  (Read 1539 times)
AndyMac
GEN 1 TT club

« on: March 19, 2013, 09:34:11 AM »

Decided to get rid of the dual external Walbro pump setup and install 2 Walbro 400lph in the tank.

Removed the tank (through the trunk, not too hard).  GTS requires the rear panel to be cut to remove the tank ... or merely remove the top of tank unit through the riveted round plate on top, under the carpet (behind the seats in the middle).

This is what the stock unit looks like.

I unscrewed the lower section that houses the fuel pump and level sender and was left with this.

Yes!  That is an 1/8th inch pop rivet that is in the feed line.  Hard to believe how much power we can make with such a small restriction in the fuel delivery.  I'm going to use this as the return, so I yanked all the guts out of it.

This pic won't show it, but I ran a drill bit down in there to open up the hole.

This is the hanger I built out of stainless. (don't want rust in the tank)  Simple construction of 3/8 threaded rod, a few washers/nuts, a bracket for the fuel level sending unit and a couple brackets to mount the fuel pumps to.  Fuel exits through the 2 -6AN bulkheads.

Testing for leaks/functionality before I put it back in.

From the tank, it Y's into a -8, then to a filter, then Y's back into 2 -6AN into each fuel rail of the stock manifold.

It then exits the manifold on the bottom port of the drivers side rail, into a regulator, then into the factory feed line to return to the tank. You can remove the factory fuel filter and just connect the factory lines together. (male and female, just plugs in)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:27:55 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
Andrew MacPherson
TT 95 RT/10
SNKEBIT

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 10:29:35 AM »

Make sure the hose is made for submersing.  Some fuel hose doesn't like being drowned in fuel.
FUCMAAYC
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:33:43 PM »

Excellent Andy!    like it.  Here's my triple Walbros wired into stock basket.  The prefilters can be sticking out the botton to the sides.

Inside the basket is 3 255lph Walbro pumps that have the rubber hoses from pumps to a Russell Hub with a 'tree' that has 3 90 degree fittings into it.  All entries are pointed in the direction of flow outwards and the Hub has a 90 degree -10AN fitting out the top.  -10 hose to Russell filter, then 'Y' and dual -8 hoses to the fuel logs.  It runs out of gas at 1307whp at the moment.  Going to bigger pumps I guess.

I upgraded to Walbro 450s and luckily that doesn't seem to overpower my stock fuel line which is used as a return line from the regulator.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:35:03 AM by RTTTTed » Logged
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 02:21:09 PM »

We ran up to 1390whp/1200wtq with steady fuel pressure with the pair of Walbro 450lph pumps. 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea