The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 05:02:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24598 Posts in 1931 Topics by 788 Members
Latest Member: Blitz8282
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Miscellaneous Discussions  |  All Brand Events  |  Laker's Car Show May 2013
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laker's Car Show May 2013  (Read 1008 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: May 27, 2013, 10:57:06 AM »

I made it home from the SSCC.us Tues night about midnight.  Spent the next few days unpacking, washing my Viper, removing bugs off the nose and gravel from under the car.  I did another inspection of the driveline which included running 150mph while on Jackstands.  Shake/vibration was the same as the entire trip to Vegas and back.  I did see the Driver's wheel was out of round about 1/4" on the outside rim.  I changed out the HREs because it seems the brake dust (?) caused some corrossion and black spots on the rims.  Wanting a good appearance at the Laker's Spring Round up I changed over to my Forgeline VR1s. 

Vibration/shake disappeared and only 'normal' high speed vibration left in my GTS now.  1/4" at the outside should mean somewhere around 3/4" on the inner edge?  Since I didn't hit amything I expect that the bent rim was caused by a NEW cattleguard installed this spring that now has a 4" rise to it from the highway surface which hit's much harder when you know it's there and slow below the speed limit!  I'm going to call my insurance company and see if they'll buy me a new wheel. 

As has been happening since leaving Nevada it rained most of the time I drove home, worked at home and drove to the Car Show (200 miles from home).  Hwy 20 has no traffic as I only had to passed about 15 cars (going both ways) during the trip.  It's a great drive when the only spray is your own  :D

At the Car Show first in my class and people's choice was this new 2013 Boss 302.  This car beat me and a couple of Shelby GT500s for first and People's Choice.  My new friend is going to try and figure resources to make a Vegas trip to run the SSCC with us this fall.  His car has a $300 "Red" key that after paying about $800 extra adds significant hp and a "launch control".  Ford option.  Probably another way to make it easier to run the car for emmissions and still keep a hp tune while collecting nearly an extra thousand bucks for the car.  I think that the program should have been included in the price of the hp "Boss 302 package" and not an EXTRA COST option.  Owner is an assistant manager at Wallmart and he and his wife (works for the Tourism Assoc) do have to struggle to own his dream.  He would prefer the GT500 and the Viper ... but the cost for those is way beyond his reach.

I took Myles for drive in Viper and spoiled him for Chevys.

After the show there was heavy rain heading down hwy 20 going home.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:02:51 AM by RTTTTed » Logged
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 11:20:34 AM »

The rain sucks as it caused me to wash/dry my car about 50 times over the weekend.  It also means that my Viper, now parked in the garage is waiting for the dirt to be washed off.  The rain does get us some great pics though. 

I missed out on the big trophies there, but it seems that last couple years I've been collecting the money prizes.  This time my "door prize" was a Stainless Steel Go cup and Tim Horton's gift pack (ceramic mug and coffee pack).  I purchased $10 worth of raffle tickets for the big prizes.  I like to donate to car clubs etc.  The Lakers always donate their profits to Children's camps and Hospital charities so ...    I won what is probably the biggest value prize at this event - a Car Clear Front Bra from Tell Tale signs!!!  Listed as a $500 value the Viper 'tax' isn't included in a small town like Williams Lake.  The Viper being a popular car and me being well know items and services for my Viper normally cost less than most because of the bragging rights (I worked on that Viper) and friendship of small town businesses. 
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 12:15:21 PM »

At the end of the Rainbow in Tatla Lake.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea