The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2018, 07:51:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24609 Posts in 1932 Topics by 812 Members
Latest Member: Viper364
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  Gen 5 (Striker) SRT Viper GTS  |  Really bad review Globe and Mail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Really bad review Globe and Mail  (Read 1211 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: August 03, 2013, 12:18:56 AM »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324136204578639963584166462.html      Titled Much too much

What an idiot.  I can see that he is a loser and probablky shit all over that beautiful leather seat.  I think that his idea of using a small neat emissions friendly engine means that he probably prefers driving Hondas.  A cut little S2000 would probably impress him all to heck with it's inexpensive "lets not waste rubber when we don't have to" tires.  His writing made it soud like he thinks that anyone (that can actually drive) turing the traction control off should go to jail for breaking the Federal law requiring Traction Control.  That law was written so that idiots like him could drive the viper and not kill themselves if they used more than half throttle.

I read the comments and see that other than a couple "I want one" guys, there are a lot of losers posting.  Covette s $50,000 cheaper?  LOSER.  One guy suggested that a Porsche GT3 drives better.  Another guy that wants a loser car.  The ricer that says that everyone crashed while the SKYLINE (????) drove past all the race cars.

Hard to believe that none of those idiots noticed that the 2010 Viper ACR proved the reason that winners buy it (fastest production car in the world). 

I'm going to try and sign up and educate the dorks and the writer.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 12:33:04 AM »

It seems that you actually have to subscibe (pay) to make inteliigent comments on that article.

Absolutely NO WAY I would pay to read stupid un researched idiotic incorrect article/reviews of idiots like this one.  I would expect a supercar review to be done by a decently experienced driver, not some idiot that has a Prius parked in his garage.

Someone should send that idiot a list of the records held by the Vipers at most of the racetracks.  They should also inform that idiot that only WINNERS want Vipers. 

Yes, I am my own parade and even when not taking home trophies, my car still sounds like it's as fast as I prove it is. 

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
C-Note

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 02:43:19 PM »

Do you feel better now that you got that off your chest?  :D
Dan Neil of the Wall street journal was on a car show called "The Car Show" with Adam Corolla and a few other dorks. Dan was always the snooty pretentious lame azz on the show, and it shows in this article.

I think he is a Ferrari guy, so, a Viper of coarse would be a bit of sledge hammer for him.
In fact I can remember an episode of The Car Show were Dan brought in his personal Ferrari witch happened to be an old 308. He raced a Camry with it and lost....

So don't let his banter piss you off ;)
C-Note

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 02:46:53 PM »

Besides.... I like that he thinks it is way too much. That is what I love about Vipers!

One of the better little quotes I have read about the Gen 5 is,

"Does it scare women and children?" "Of coarse it does! Scares most men too"

Seems to scare Mr. Neil as well....
Sybil TF

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »

Besides.... I like that he thinks it is way too much. That is what I love about Vipers!

One of the better little quotes I have read about the Gen 5 is,

"Does it scare women and children?" "Of coarse it does! Scares most men too"

Seems to scare Mr. Neil as well....

He asks the question; " Viper owners, come on, what gives? Didn't Momma love you ?" Says all I need to know about this man. :pacifier:
You know who!
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 07:53:28 PM »

What a putz......

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »

I still think that he should have pointed out that the less powerful and older ACR beat everything at the ring and maybe even mentioned that most of the continent's road course records are now held by the "megamotor'd marvel".

He has a <300hp Ferrari 308?  A classic looking car, but completely obsolete and much slower than the one up model (365?) that I saw an older woman driving at the SSCC couple years ago.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 09:40:30 PM »

His article was completely agenda driven.  He had no interest in the Viper and you could see it in his words
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea