The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 06:50:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24598 Posts in 1931 Topics by 788 Members
Latest Member: Blitz8282
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Viper Racing Discussions  |  Acceleration Tests, Drags, Half and Mile tests  |  I'lL Set a New Land Speed Record
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'lL Set a New Land Speed Record  (Read 8377 times)
Adrnln

beat on it like its your little brother !

« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »

Seven miles may seem to be a long ways but remember that you will be going a mile every 15-20 seconds and that your are measured to the five , last two miles are for slowing down and if you can hit peak speed sooner then you are running even shorter under load , if you can get a mile of full throttle that should be all you need .
I would never go there thinking we would be coming back with a record , that is foolish .
We will have a small radiator to help keep things cool .
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2015, 07:02:04 AM »

Look forward to this year.  We've got hardly any storms this year, maybe the salt will be in better shape at summers end
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2015, 08:55:45 PM »

I took my TT to Steve at Eaqle Machine and had it preinspected for the salt.  Roll cage changes coming,  Not allowed any plastic for cabin air so plastic has to go.  Fuel lines will be a pain to shield past the flywheel area since there are 2 of them wrapped around the scattershield  at the back of engine.  My one Cold Fire bottle (fire suppression system) emptied itself over the winter and needs to be mailed back for refill and recertification.

Lots to do, but only a couple things I wasn't expecting to need to do anyway.  Rebuilding heater parts with metal will be a big project although I could use short cuts to "air" the cabin if I don't mind giving up the air conditioning.   

Racing wheels over 200mph are required to run 100psi and bolt/rivet together wheels are only allowed 60 psi so I asked Steve to go ahead and build my Nascar wheels to fit my Viper and build me a second set of 3/8" steel centers for the front wheels.

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea