The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 06:47:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24598 Posts in 1931 Topics by 788 Members
Latest Member: Blitz8282
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  Viper Trucks  |  JUNE 22nd/23RD DYNO TUNE/GTG in EDMONTON w/CHRIS JENSEN!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JUNE 22nd/23RD DYNO TUNE/GTG in EDMONTON w/CHRIS JENSEN!!  (Read 3012 times)
Yellow Venom

« on: June 19, 2013, 05:03:05 AM »

Everything is lined up and ready to go this weekend to get 3 forced induction Viper cars tuned up with Chris Jensen the Viper tuning king of all tuning!! There will be a ROE,a Paxton and a Twin turbo powered Viper cars coming up to get tuned saturday starting at 8:00am and goin as late as 10:00pm if need be,we will have pizza coming at lunch time and on Sunday we have a Pro Charger powered SRT-10 Viper truck starting first thing to get tuned with some big power and a custom water/meth system that I beleieve is computer controlled it will be the only one around with this set up that from the UK,and a NOS powered Viper truck getting fine tuned also Chris will have a shorter day Sunday due to having to get the airport to catch his bird around 4pm.
   EVERYONE IS WELCOME to come out and see how things go and put a face with the name! SEE YA OUT THERE,and its sounding like the weather is going to be good also!  :2thumbsup:
And I will be out there in my Paxton powered (Chris tuned) Viper truck too (if its not raining!! LOL) is it rains I will still be there but with the diesel,LOL!

http://www.morettomotorsportz.com/contact-us.php
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:15:32 AM »

I'm looking to trade my restomod 440 (600whp) Duster for a Cummins pick up (duster $20-32,000 value) ... 

Shall I bring video and pics?   :idk:

Trevor is bringing out some new Viper Garage banners he had custom made.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 09:23:26 AM »

Joel and I will be trying airfilter removal and setting a couple of different tunes (hopefully) so we can add 50-100whp if we go compete with ZR1s and Veyrons etc. 

I'm going to try and design a removable fuel system that would allow a 5 gl can of race gas to be plumbed into our fuel systems for achieving dual tunes without needing to drain the tank etc.  Perhaps the motorsports shop already has something similar to this? 

Last time I was driving my car in Edmonton ... I won 2nd place at RacetheBase.ca in modified supercars with my ferrari/lambo eater!   :lol:

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:39:09 AM by RTTTTed » Logged
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Yellow Venom

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 05:04:11 AM »

Hey Ted,I will check with Morretto's today to see what they have and will also look into race fuel for you guys also,for pics and vid? It sure helps for sure :2thumbsup:,you never know who you may run into?? :hayes:
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 07:42:19 PM »

I'm having car problems right now.  Working on it.

Morettos said they can sell race gas there and if you go there with a small amount of gas they'll pump out your tank through the schraider valve and add race gas then do a race gas tune ...   

Southern Alberta is flooded and the main highways are closed due to flooding.  Need to go through Kamloops/Little Fort or safest bet is to drive to Prince George and head to Jasper then Edmonton.

Raining here off and on for a few weeks now.
Yellow Venom

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 04:19:27 AM »

I'm having car problems right now.  Working on it.

Morettos said they can sell race gas there and if you go there with a small amount of gas they'll pump out your tank through the schraider valve and add race gas then do a race gas tune ...   

Southern Alberta is flooded and the main highways are closed due to flooding.  Need to go through Kamloops/Little Fort or safest bet is to drive to Prince George and head to Jasper then Edmonton.

Raining here off and on for a few weeks now.

I sure hope you get your car all figured out, a no show will cause big issues for everyone else.
  The roads through Kamloops to Edmonton I'm sure are fine the rain issues are all 2hrs south of here.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 12:41:23 AM »

I hot wired my ecu and made it.  Tied to the dyno and we'll start it in the morning.  Took until 9:50pm to tune the Paxton Copperrhead and the Silver/Blue TT GTS.  730rwhp and 913rwhp on a dynojet.  This one reads consistently 10 % less than the dynojet down the road! 

Yellow Venom

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »

The weekend realitively well overall, was along night last night, I finally got my belt issue resolved then the tensioner pulley piled up and grenaded my new belt after I dropped Chris off at the airport!
  We got the ROE car tuned and the ProCharger viper truck ran into issues with the cog belt wouldn't stay on and then it dropped two fuel pumps, the cammed Viper truck with NOS hit 583RWHP N/A on the Mustang 250 dyno and the NOS wouldn't activate( faulty window switch)
Yellow Venom

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 07:13:46 PM »

Over all it was a really good weekend, I got to meet alot of really good people this weekend, I would like to thank everyone that came out to participate in the dyno tuning and all the people that came out to check it out!! Thanks alot Chris for your fine work that's greatly apreciated from all, I hope everyone makes it home safely! Thanks again EVERYONE!!
  And looking forward to meet again with all of you. :-)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 08:16:25 PM »

It was exciting,  Guy died hitting a semi and made us wait until after the 7 hr investigation.  Traffic was lined up bumper to bumper for 7 miles

We got 3 hrs sleep for the second night in a row.  Got Joel's TT program repaired and he won't be blowing any more engines (3) thanks to Chris finding the frozen part of the program and fixing it.  720whp//912whp at 10psi//18psi.  Joel's ecstatic.  Clint's srt1o runs perfect and caused the rear end to bust while we were both ...  ummm  ... spinning the tires (to clean them of course) at the traffic lights downtown in an Alberta town.  I was in front and the extra 30whp Chris added had my car sideways in second just before shutting down.  Expected to lose but crunching and clicking caused us a delay.

A little before that I was Dodging a couple of Deer that decided to race me across the freeway.  I switched lanes and went in between but, although I fanned the tail of the first deer, the second one put on a burst of speed and leaned it's head forward so that it got SMOKED by my passenger side mirror.  Picked it up by the face and made it spin donuts in the air about 3' above the ground and spin off the highway rather than going into Clint's car.  I now have paint spots where the SOB bit my windshield post.  It covered the front windshield and side window near the mirror with snot. 

Now I need a new $500 side mirror.  It was a win for me ... the sucker died for smashing my mirror.  They better learn to not race Vipers.  The damn Deer can't turn fast or accelerate anywhere near what a Viper GTS can do.  I won!

Clint's at home since I gave him a ride to PG and he caught a flight towards home early Mon.  I drove through massive raindrops and thunderstorms to get home, but I made it.

Apparently, my 2001 GTS has the correct rear fusebox lid, but 2002 wiring?  The ecu fuse is at the rear where the fuse box lid says "fuel pump"

I learned a lot at the dyno this weekend.  Ryan (shop manager) was awesome.  He drives a vette motor'd Mazda RX7 with about 600whp ...
ICPREY

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 08:47:18 PM »

What did your Roe GTS dyno? Did you go with the SCT or stick with the VEC?

Buy a stealth/3000gt side mirror (same) for $50 or so...
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »

Welll .... it seems that I have internal engine problems.  Base line tune when I arrived was 502whp.  Mustang dyno only read 230whp after tune so there was about the 30whp I was expecting.  I just wasn't expecting to show up with 1-200whp missing.  Lots of blue smoke on decel.   Chris and Ryan figure that I've got broken ring lands.  I was making 9-10 boost so ...   

Tuned the 2001 ecu and I need the vec for individual cylinder fuel trim.  Turned off the w/m inject and after tuning Chris turned it back on and suggested I use small jets just to protect the engine from detonation.  With the monster jets in the w/m system there was only a 10hp loss when the meth was turned on while no other tuning changes were made. 

I will do a compression test and I bought myself a scope to check out the inside of the cylinders tomorrow or as soon as possible.  If I find a broken piston I'll install a new piston, rings and bearings.  If I can just do a single piston without having to fix a cyl I could rebuild the engine for under $1000.  We'll see what I find out.  Car runs much better than before.

Since I've been spanking ZR1s and Lambos as well as F40a italia 458s ...  a fresh engine would make my life totally exciting again.  LOL.  The weekend was a success because of Joel's massive success with his car and Clint's great running SRT10.  There were a kit of problems found and corrected and some just found that need to be corrected this weekend.  Only Joel and Clint got tuned on Sat.  Myself, 2 SRT10s and a Final Edition all got their shot on the dyno between 7:30 and about 4pm on Sunday. 

:(  Some of us weren't the happiest, but now us "unhappy guys have work to do on our cars!  Working on cars is fun.  Joel's work was the hardest and he went through 2 engines and a set of bearings before he found out what needed to be fixed.  He's happy so the rest of us are happier?   :lol:   
Yellow Venom

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 08:57:04 PM »

I sure hope you get it all back upto 100% soon Ted.
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 12:43:05 PM »

Me too.  I started a thread with pics on the engine and posted a Dyno thread in the GTS forums.  Hope you'll add to that.  Thanks for the opportunity to run on the dyno Joe.  Otherwise I would have gone to Nevada and run the SSCC again as it was.  Beating 920bhp Challengers and ZR1s just doesn't cut it once you find out that your engine is missing significant hp!  I look forward to getting it back up to the hp numbers it had a couple years ago.

Engine Thread; 

http://thevipergarage.com/index.php/topic,5372.msg22607.html#msg22607

Gen 2 Board Dyno thread;

http://thevipergarage.com/index.php/topic,5368.0.html
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 12:44:14 PM »

Could you post the results from Sunday here Joe? 
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea