The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2019, 03:03:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
25280 Posts in 2156 Topics by 1133 Members
Latest Member: olkinovskaya
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Website operations  |  Issues & Feedback  |  Vendor Question...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vendor Question...  (Read 2041 times)
LifeIsGood
« on: October 21, 2010, 05:38:30 PM »

Are there any rules/regulations/policies for promoting viper vendors on this site?  I have a friend (Mark Johnson), who is a viper owner, that has a machine shop that makes some viper parts.  His website is...

http://ipsco.org/ - Innovative Peripheral Solutions

Thanks,
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:48:42 PM by LifeIsGood » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 08:27:22 PM »

Not at the moment. 

We'd like to have the Vendors post on the forums and want to build a list of vendors for users to have acess to.  If he's a tool and die maker then he'd probably be an assett to the forums, if he has the time.

That'll probably be a few weeks from now though.  Please have patience with us.

Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
BOTTLEFED
owner

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:22:10 PM »

The Vendor concept for this site has not been finalized yet. 
I don't mind if you want to post a link to your friend or your website if it deals with Vipers.  I just don't want spammers coming on here and thinking they can peddle their crap.
So right now, this section is open to posting and will be cleaned up later. 
We don't really need sponsors for now but Viper vendors/tuners are always welcome to come and check things out and post.
97GTS B&W: Roe S/C 6.5#, VEC3, custom W/M, Borla headers and catless exhaust, smooth tubes and K&Ns, JM stg3 heads, 1.7 Arrow RR, 3.55 gears, Fidanza, B&M sst, 661hp/683tq
LifeIsGood
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 08:29:11 PM »

I edited my original post since some JonB weasly snitch sent it to him and my friend got reprimanded for my stating that he makes the Dave Big Brakes brackets.  I was simply trying to give him credibility in the eyes of Tim and Ted, since they probably didn't know who he was.  I wasn't saying that anybody should try to buy the brackets from him, only that he made them for Dave and now for Jon. 

So to whomever forwarded the post...you can go take a flying f*cking leap!
LilBro

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 11:29:47 PM »

Suggestion:  maybe this vendor thread , and any vendor issues in near future, should just be back burnered until something non offending to some of the vendors could be decided upon.  To me it sounds like this vendor issue is starting to head down the road of VCA vendor approvals, controls, and restristions.  This site should be focused more on those who like Vipers and sharing info and not get into vendor politics that some vendors get ruffled feathers if something is properly said.
Maybe have a baseline rule for now like what LifeIsGood updated the thread to say.  Along the lines of "Hey if your looking for <something>  at site.whatever.com is some good stuff, go check it out".  Then say I liked what was there and give a short personal reveiw.
This way trade secrets and insider info will not offend anyone and get anybodyelse in trouble.

Does that "Ban Button" have a vendor feature? [e]162[/e]
Enjoy....2001 ACR Saphire Blue with Silver Stripes
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 11:43:29 PM »

They worked things out off site and no harm.  We're trying to promote everyone and avoid problems we don't want to tell everyone how to act - you know?

Ted
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 07:30:56 AM »

Wow, these look incredible! Anyone have this oil filter installed?

Thanks for the link
VIPER BAZ UK

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 12:42:38 PM »

Mark is up there with the best.. Got loads from him.. He does all the BBD parts and even one off parts... Helped me out loads...... ;D
Support Tators

2009 1/1 Solid white ACR Hardcore
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea