The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2018, 11:51:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 829 Members
Latest Member: Medusa SRT
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Viper Racing Discussions  |  Acceleration Tests, Drags, Half and Mile tests  |  Custom wheels arrived !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Custom wheels arrived !  (Read 2192 times)
shooter_t1
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 07:35:36 PM »

Absolutely great thread. :2thumbsup:
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 01:32:48 AM »

That's just a shootout for the fastest of the fast.  They require a 6 pt cage for 150+mph.  Full roll cage for 175mph.  Since my slow car should go pver 200mph it needs everything.

No standard transmissions unless they are bolted to a scattershield.

Salt Flat safety equiopment for 200+mph starts over $20,000 and it's porobably closer to $35,000.  Half being the special tires and wheels.  Because both my Vipers are Forced Induction I am required to buy a $2000+ racing suit, $159+ shoes, $199+ gloves etc.  A lot of rollcage and misc bars required as well.  My cars are not even close to being alllowed to run on the salt (per the rules at least). 

I hope to run the halfway there TT Viper there next year (if it dries).  A full cage destroys a nice car and loses it's value.  It also makes it unstreetable and then it becomes a race car.  I enjoyed pulling up beside RACE Cars with my airconditioning on, then kicking their ass badly.  It's unusual for street cars to blow off race cars like they are sitting still ...  but it's what i ENJOY.  :D
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
eucharistos

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 10:15:41 AM »

like a hot knife thru warm butter  :2thumbsup:

thanks for posting the pics and details of how other vipers live  :driving:
Adrnln

beat on it like its your little brother !

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 10:43:10 AM »

Ted , the safety rules a Bonneville are strict for a reason , a lot of racers have given all to run there . As Dan from the USFRA told me last month
 " one of the biggest achievments in amateur motorsports is just making it to the starting line at Bonneville "
I think that quote sums up what it takes to get there .
When I wrecked my Challenger at the track at 130 mph , the only salvage was the tranny , the electronics and one wheel ,the safety eguipment did it's job and even though it took forty minutes to get me out of the car and I lost 35 thousand on the deal I did walk out of the hospital that evening , small price to pay looking back now .
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 10:57:36 AM »

Yes, I know.  But is a Lambo built so much stronger that it can run over 200mph with no safety equipment and our Vipers have to be ruined with a cage to go that fast? 

Anyway, I was explaining why I can't run any car at the Salt until after I've got the mega money into the safety equipment.  It's the reason none of us can go run the salt flats.  Slow is one thing, but my 'slow' car goes into a 267mph class.  Just the scattershield (|$800 and 10 weeks time), suit and clothes ($2500), and tires is too much for one day to see how the salt is.   I decided that the $150,000 into the TT Viper driveline is a good reason to add the Bolt in cage and it already has tens of thousands of SFI driveshafts, safety loops, axles etc.  That car runs the same class as my less than half the hp supercharged Viper.  So, next year and $17000 more money or 'help' and I'll be running on the salt. 

Unfortunately, as we found out ... even if you add the required gusset plates to your cage to make it legal ... sometimes God sends you home becauase it takes more than lots of money.

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea