The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 05:28:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 821 Members
Latest Member: Jhalo
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  VCA topics  |  VCA threads  |  Spread this around.................
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spread this around.................  (Read 17088 times)
ViperObsessed

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 11:31:17 AM »

So how does this get fixed?  First - Lee needs to step down - immediately.  Second - the relationship between the VCA, the VPA, and the Marshall's also needs to end immediately.  The cash collected from the raffle needs to be safeguarded.  Any cash/records from the VPA needs to be safeguarded.  Who can oversee the changes so that the same old, same old doesn't continue is the big question.  Who takes over the magazine? What is the long term plan/outlook for the VPA? New bylaws, and/or a reversal of some of the bs changes needs to happen.  Also, this could be a good chance to "reboot" the VCA.

My top reasons for belonging to the VCA:
1) I own a Viper
2) VOI
3) The website.  (It actually used to be a good place to share information)
4) Magazine

My own personal pet-peeves that I disliked:
1) As I am not close to a local chapter - I did not agree with nearly 50% of my dues going to support the local chapters.  In ten years of membership - that means that roughly $500 went to subsidize the local chapters and I went to maybe 4 events.
2) Censorship - good, clean debate is acceptable.
3) The trolls - what is a reasonable way to deal with the trolls that add absolutely nothing and waste bandwidth (and air) as far as I'm concerned.

Time to start to focus on a solution!

I personally did not have a problem with Randall.
L8TApex
Roadracing junkie
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »

VOI?

I would pay for the year it happens.

I own a Viper too, I just use the 'enthusiast' membership to do what I want for free.

Magazine...yeh I could see that.  I have a few that I havn't even read if you want them haha.
Yeh, this is Leslie, like my new screen name? :)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »

According to this thread on VA  http://www.viperalley.com/forum/anything-goes/103416-stubberfield-vca-lead-global-4.html#post1943737    theViperGarage.com gets more views than the VCA forums!!! 

We have had more than 200,000 views per month (928,242 total) during the months since May - when I had the counter function on.

:lol:   
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:31:06 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
MoreBeer

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »

I highly recommend everyone contact their regional president and if you are a paying VCA member ask for an explanation.  If you are not a paying VCA member, it is a good idea to also let your president know you are voting with your wallet, and why. 

Right now there is a lot of turbulence at the top of the club, and this may be enough momentum to enact a change.  Of course, we need to agree on who will replace the incumbents and fully support them!

These letters show that there is a level of separation between SRT and the top of the VCA.  We need to make sure the VCA is kept as a gem and partner of SRT, not a "rogue" or unethical organization, and it needs to be done soon, before the damage is irreparable!

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 11:15:11 AM »

before the damage is irrepairable? 

I tried to fix the VCA with many helpers for a year or two and then finally quit trying so hard because it seemed that there was no fix.  Marv listed his occupation as "Owner VCA" on linkedin.  No one cared enough to cause him to change it. 

The VCA recovered from a president that used to funds to build his basement, but is it possible to recover from years of bylaws granting the BoD exclusivity to complete control?  VPoA is OWNED by Chris Marshall and a couple of his buddies, is it not?  You going to by it from him?  Probably he'd sell you a fake bill of sale.  I was told that Bob Carroll (Chris's personal lawyer?) rewrote all the bylaws and they are legal - even though they are illegal?

I posted to Chris begging him to "take the money and run."  Seems that he refuses to leave, even with most (All?) of the money and all the prestige gone ... 

The way I read the letter demanding that the problems step down, or even just disconnect from the VCA obviously hasn't worked since all it did (other than publically announce that Chrysler recognizes the problem) was cause the problems to create more Lies and excuses.
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »

I highly recommend everyone contact their regional president and if you are a paying VCA member ask for an explanation.  If you are not a paying VCA member, it is a good idea to also let your president know you are voting with your wallet, and why. 

Right now there is a lot of turbulence at the top of the club, and this may be enough momentum to enact a change.  Of course, we need to agree on who will replace the incumbents and fully support them!

These letters show that there is a level of separation between SRT and the top of the VCA.  We need to make sure the VCA is kept as a gem and partner of SRT, not a "rogue" or unethical organization, and it needs to be done soon, before the damage is irreparable!

First, not trying to be disrespectful to the Regions or Region Presidents.

This post kind of reminds me of a contact your Senator/Congressman letter.  If I don't like what I'm seeing, please contact them and express my views.

I'm going to toss this back at the presidents of the Viper Club of America.  If anyone, they should be aware of the mis conduct and mis management.  As a Community, why should the community bring this to their attention.  They already know, they are the ones that put these people in office and keep them there.  I may not understand all the bylaws and super subscript, but writing letters and making phone calls.... just won't work. 

OH wait, I don't have a vote, hence no say in VCA matters

nevermind
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 12:33:20 PM »

It could Jeff, at least it lets the "leaders" know that some of their "flock" KNOW what's going on.  Many of the regional presidents were APPOINTED by Chris and Marv to retain and confirm MORE control of the club.  The many presidents that were removed were replaced with Marshall/Marv Spaz supporters.  It's how the problem went from booting me out to booting Vendors such as JonB out. 

Many vendors started trying to fight and got pushed out of the club.  Many have gone back because they gave up and found that the club helped their business.  Some of those Vendors were approached about coming back into the club as were JonB and myself, and refused.  Some people have integrity beyond what their money means.  I refused because of the BS and it not being a car club anymore.  I have NO interest in Being in Chris/Marv or Lee's Club.  I was in the Viper Club.  I also have a serious problem with haveing a buch of Liars "leading me".  As you can tell, I'm old school.

When I got banned for life my regional president went to the president's meeting to represent me.  He came back with a buch of lies and proved that Marv was a liar just as Chris was.  When the ex regional president (Craig Sandford) and I proved that CM and Marv were Liars, our fresh new Western canada president said, "I don't want to be involved with this.  I just want to have fun."  The year after that new bylaws specifically banned me from ALL Viper events.  I went to a one, hosted by friends and haven't been to another since 2011. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:33:27 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 01:02:29 PM »

It could Jeff, at least it lets the "leaders" know that some of their "flock" KNOW what's going on.  Many of the regional presidents were APPOINTED by Chris and Marv to retain and confirm MORE control of the club.  The many presidents that were removed were replaced with Marshall/Marv Spaz supporters.  It's how the problkem went from booting me out to booting Vendors such as JonB out. 

Many vendors started trying to fight and got pushed out of the club.  Many have gone back because they gave up and found that the club helped their business.  Some of those Vendors were approached about coming back into the club as were JonB and myself, and refused.  Some people have integrity beyond what their money means.  I refused because of the BS and it not being a car club anymore.  I have NO interest in Being in Chris/Marv or Lee's Club.  I was in the Viper Club.  I also have a serious problem with haveing a buch of Liars "leading me".  As you can tell, I'm old school.

When I got banned for life my regional president went to the president's meeting to represent me.  He came back with a buch of lies and proved that Marv was a liar just as Chris was.  When the ex regional president (Craig Sandford) and I proved that CM and Marv were Liars, our fresh new Western canada president said, "I don't want to be involved with this.  I just want to have fun."  The year after that new bylaws specifically banned me from ALL Viper events.  I went to a one, hosted by friends and haven't been to another since 2011. 

Another reason why writing and phoning them is pointless..   If elected, you will have their ear, if appointed, one would be wasting valuable air and time
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »

Jim was elected at a desperate time.  I said, "If I have to, I will take the job", but Jim said he wanted to do it.  At least he shows up at nearly all the events, so he does his duty that way.  He just seems to ignore the problems and hope they go away?  He might get his wish.

But since I was the only one telling him what was going on, he chose to beleive Chris and became his friend.  Perhaps he just got suckered? 

UPDATE;  After reading about Lee's "drunken tirade during his BoD meeting" he posted that he was sorry he'd had an outburst of anger.  Audio tape forthcoming ...   :driving:

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:32:44 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2013, 01:57:47 PM »

Oh, I can't wait  :ROLF:
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2013, 01:59:54 PM »

short release from Jalopnik  http://jalopnik.com/why-chrysler-is-at-war-with-the-worlds-largest-viper-c-1201999758?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I notice that they found a picture of my first Viper GTS when a tropical storm and deep puddles on the highway made me spin donuts down the highway (60mph) and smash into a loaded Semi head on.  Both vehicles smashed and truck driver received a broken wrist.  Wife and I sustained no injuries (except to her good mood and my 'ego').  Interesting ... 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:41:16 PM by RTTTTed » Logged
Steve 00RT/10

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2013, 06:16:53 PM »

So how does this get fixed?  First - Lee needs to step down - immediately.  Second - the relationship between the VCA, the VPA, and the Marshall's also needs to end immediately.  The cash collected from the raffle needs to be safeguarded.  Any cash/records from the VPA needs to be safeguarded.  Who can oversee the changes so that the same old, same old doesn't continue is the big question.  Who takes over the magazine? What is the long term plan/outlook for the VPA? New bylaws, and/or a reversal of some of the bs changes needs to happen.  Also, this could be a good chance to "reboot" the VCA.

My top reasons for belonging to the VCA:
1) I own a Viper
2) VOI
3) The website.  (It actually used to be a good place to share information)
4) Magazine

My own personal pet-peeves that I disliked:
1) As I am not close to a local chapter - I did not agree with nearly 50% of my dues going to support the local chapters.  In ten years of membership - that means that roughly $500 went to subsidize the local chapters and I went to maybe 4 events.
2) Censorship - good, clean debate is acceptable.
3) The trolls - what is a reasonable way to deal with the trolls that add absolutely nothing and waste bandwidth (and air) as far as I'm concerned.

Time to start to focus on a solution!

I personally did not have a problem with Randall.

I no longer let any of this bother me. I don't see the merit in the national club even if it's fixed.... for the following reasons...somewhat opposite of yours. 

1. All Viper enjoyment comes at the local level for us...even though the local chapter is almost 500 miles away and there is only about 4-5 months of guaranteed Viper travel time to Detroit per year. We've done nothing from a national standpoint since the 2005 Mid West Rendezvous
2. This coming January or February, it will be 3 years since I frequented the VCA forum....don't miss it a bit.   I was always opposed to the How To section not open to anyone who visited the site, regardless of VCA affiliation. No other forum I've belonged to has ever held back how to info from all who visit.  It's one of the reasons I never posted anything up there
3. We've been to two VOIs...not back since 2004.  I don't consider it a good bang for the buck.  It always should have been an ala carte set up. Why should my wife have to pay $700 for a few meals and drinks? What if neither of us want to drag race or do a track event?  I fully understand the need for Skip Barber guys to monitor mostly inexperienced Viper owners, but I don't really fit in that category. I can do 3-4+ local events for the money. I can do an all day track session at Gingerman in lower Michigan for $165. I prefer smaller venues where its much easier to move the ship around (drive) and you can get to your room within a couple minutes of parking your car. 
4. The magazine is OK, but I could easily live without it.

I would much prefer giving my $55 to my local club and call it a day.  Local affiliation only.  The closed Associate Membership loophole negated that possibility.  I do continue to pony up the money because I refuse to let $60 dollars cut into friendships made 500 miles away.  If I discount the magazine, I am basically just paying my club dues.

Our club does not bow to the VCA grail....at all.  Jon B is a preferred vendor on our website.  This new Jalopnik article may signal the beginning of the end for the current regime and organizational structure

Steve
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2013, 12:25:07 AM »

Jalopnik's VCA tax return  http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2012/383/293/2012-383293755-0888aa05-9O.pdf
L8TApex
Roadracing junkie
Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2013, 01:48:28 AM »

Wow!
Yeh, this is Leslie, like my new screen name? :)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2013, 11:25:18 AM »

Funny, I somehow missed the line that showed the input from the "For Profit VPoA corp" that was designed to pay the bills for the VCA ...   :headscratch:

Chris, Marv and Lee all say that everything is wonderfull and the letter is because "Chrysler didn't understand"   :lol:  But how much of finacial advantage that the millions were donated for does the VPoA provide the VCA?   Jalopnik's Tax form showed a drop in revenue ...  I remember attending a farewell dinner where JonB and Doris handed out free door prizes to the tune of $50,000?  I had the winning Belanger ticket and everyone there went home with several door prizes Haven't heard of that happening since JonB was banned. 

Does anyone have any positive things to say about the new VCA?  I couldn't list all the complaints from all the HUNDREDS of members and HUNDREDS of ex-members. 

Lee, Hundreds and Hundreds of complaints (easy to read) shows that there is nothing FINE. 

When I was told that my "banned for life" status was going to be upgraded to not banned for life (don't wish to be a member of the NewVCA as it is) I didn't get my hopes up and I see that my status was banned for life a couple weeks ago, still.  No surprise.  But this year YOU are still trying to run a VIPER club by BANNING and SUSPENDING members, presidents and officers as well as just hard working members?  Really?  Trying to fix a Chrysler Club by banning Chrysler customers?

Since owning a Viper business is no longer a "Conflict of Interest" make JonB the president.  When He had lots of money he DONATED it to the VCA and donated many, many gifts to VCA regional clubs all over the world (including  Wash and WC clubs).  VPoA do that?  Chris Marshall or Marv Spatz do that?  Lee, did you do that? 

"JONB FOR VCA PRES"       

How many regional clubs barely have any members now? 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea