The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 05:12:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 821 Members
Latest Member: Jhalo
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  General Viper Discussions  |  Viper Pit  |  Viper Photos needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Viper Photos needed  (Read 4780 times)
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« on: August 22, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »

Some of you know I have been working on a Viper app project. It's almost done, and I'm at the window dressing stage.  :hayes:

I have gone thru all the photos I took and some my local pres took but I'm still coming up short. If you have a great shot of any of these cars I would really appreciate being able to use it in the build info section. Mostly what is needed is a clean shot without other cars in the shot. It can be on a race track or?
The cars I am inputting now are Gen I and Gen II. I plan to add Gens 3-5 shortly. I can't use any photos that are © out of a magazine etc.

Photo's I'm missing:

1999 GTS ACR - these are red, silver or black coupes

2000 GTS ACR - Red, Steel Gray or Black coupe

Edit: I'm down to these two cars for the header images in the build info tab. if you know anyone with one please let me know.

Here's a screen shot of my buddy Rob's car.

and here's one I did with Bazs' car

If you feel like playing, I'd really appreciate it!
Kala
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:43:21 PM by Viper Girl » Logged
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:20:13 PM »

96, 97 and 98s had the clear plastic covers over the driving lamps.  99s and newer didn't because when they tested the airflow at the driving lamps there was minimal airflow.  I was told that the ACR origianlly was going to have brake ducts from the lamps, but with no airflow ...  they removed the plastic covers because they didn't help the aerodynamics.  Stories I got from speaking to experts and spending years reading the VCA forums when there used to be a lot of experts posting there...

1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:32:52 PM »

This is looking pretty cool.......

Something I can point people to is a good thing

The "Real" Registry thanks you
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 11:00:12 PM »

Thanks Guys!
Build info is but one tab in the app, but it is the one that has taken the longest. It'll be a work in progress, but eventually I'll get everything up to Gen V in the build section. Finding those pesky RT/10 photos is really making me nuts.
I might go up to Santa Barbara this weekend and see what shows up for the WZ rendevous...
Jeff, do you know how much the ACR package was on the sticker? I can't find that info. Maybe you have it?

Thanks
shooter_t1
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 11:13:22 PM »

Thanks Guys!
Build info is but one tab in the app, but it is the one that has taken the longest. It'll be a work in progress, but eventually I'll get everything up to Gen V in the build section. Finding those pesky RT/10 photos is really making me nuts.
I might go up to Santa Barbara this weekend and see what shows up for the WZ rendevous...
Jeff, do you know how much the ACR package was on the sticker? I can't find that info. Maybe you have it?

Thanks

I'm probably wrong but...wasn't the ACR option 10k on the Gen 2's?
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 06:46:45 AM »

You would be surprised at how many of them window stickers your looking for are on fleabay.  Dealers and individuals will post all the time.  I haven't spent very little time collecting that kind of data, but if I see it, I will pass it on
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 06:54:16 AM »

1994 RT/10
1995 RT/10
1996 RT/10
1997 RT/10 -
1998 RT/10
1999 RT/10
1999 GTS ACR
2000 RT/10
2000 GTS
2000 GTS ACR
2001 RT/10

I might have just about every one of these

If you want, create a user over on www.viperregistry.com and I'll upgrade your status so you can see the research side of the Registry.  I also have a great deal of Vipers I haven't put up on the site yet.

Let me know

Vj
― Winston Churchill
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 09:34:54 AM »

Shooter you are correct for 2002 the ACR option was $10k. If it was an FE that added another $3k, comfort group. AC added another $1k = 2002 ACR FE with AC was $90,100

Thanks for the your help Jeff... heading over to sign up right now  :bow:
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 10:20:11 AM »

Shooter you are correct for 2002 the ACR option was $10k. If it was an FE that added another $3k, comfort group. AC added another $1k = 2002 ACR FE with AC was $90,100

Thanks for the your help Jeff... heading over to sign up right now  :bow:

The bottom two sections should be unlocked to you now.  The ones that have paper clips have pictures.  The pictures are not random pictures of a given Viper, they are the picture of the VIPER that belongs to the VIN in the thread.  Hope it helps in you endevor
― Winston Churchill
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 10:27:37 AM »

The bottom two sections should be unlocked to you now.

Thanks so much Jeff!  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »

Just doing my part
― Winston Churchill
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 01:50:01 PM »

Did you post that the 96/97s had cast iron exhaust manifolds?
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »

I actually put input when the new stainless went in... I'll have to check if the old ones say cast. I also put in cream puff for fun too.. LOL trying to mix up the colors too... so I don't have too many reds or yellows...

Jeff, I may not be able to use any of those photos... They look great on iphone, but they are not high enough rez for tablets or retina displays...  :'( :'( :'(
back to the drawing board...
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 03:45:35 PM »

What res do you need, I sometimes scale them down before I upload them
― Winston Churchill
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 04:03:31 PM »

1280x540 minimum... I have tried 92 dpi, and so far that has been best
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea