The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2018, 05:15:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome to the updated Viper Garage.  We look forward to exchanging stories, events, tech info, pictures and fun.  Welcome to our humble Viper Home
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24619 Posts in 1934 Topics by 821 Members
Latest Member: Jhalo
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  General Viper Discussions  |  Viper Pit  |  Viper Photos needed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Viper Photos needed  (Read 4781 times)
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 04:16:21 PM »

here's what happening on my ipad 3, I have the minimum size image in there. the car looks squished  :headscratch: yet it looks awesome on the iphone. I think I need to open it on a simulator on android phone and tablets see what it looks like there.
There are almost 4k Android devices, so I know it's going to look different across all of those. Maybe I need to give up my quest for perfection... or just develop the phone apps and leave out tablets for now...

Tech sometimes makes me nuts!

iPad
iphone
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:26:54 PM by Viper Girl » Logged
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 05:11:47 PM »

hmmmm, looks like we need to get the word out for bigger pics
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »

here's what happening on my ipad 3, I have the minimum size image in there. the car looks squished  :headscratch: yet it looks awesome on the iphone. I think I need to open it on a simulator on android phone and tablets see what it looks like there.
There are almost 4k Android devices, so I know it's going to look different across all of those. Maybe I need to give up my quest for perfection... or just develop the phone apps and leave out tablets for now...

Tech sometimes makes me nuts!

iPad
iphone

I like the way it came out on the ipad....
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
L8TApex
Roadracing junkie
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 02:24:31 AM »

Here's a pic of '10pistnz'  (Andrew's) 2001 RT/10.

Will this work?

Yeh, this is Leslie, like my new screen name? :)
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 08:04:01 AM »

Here's a pic of '10pistnz'  (Andrew's) 2001 RT/10.

Will this work?

Unfortunately no... it's 11kb in size... That's the problem I'm running into... Most pix on the web are already too small for this application  :'( :'(

Thanks for looking though!

update: closest I can get to a natural looking photo for both platforms is 1280x470. In inches that is almost 13.9" x 5.1" Crazy that it has to be so large to go on something so small  :o
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:38:41 AM by Viper Girl » Logged
L8TApex
Roadracing junkie
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 09:16:21 AM »

could he email it to you?
Yeh, this is Leslie, like my new screen name? :)
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »

Have you considered Photoshopping each image onto a common background that is the same size every time.  It would help take out the inconsistancy
― Winston Churchill
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 10:18:41 AM »

I've been using the same size template... Some of the images I have been able to enlarge with image size > bicubic smoother.

It's an issue related to this header image used in the info tabs only. The apps photo gallery it isn't as picky about image size.  :headscratch:

The tab where I map out every racetrack larger than 1/8th of a mile, is having issues too... They say I am pushing the limits of the technology  :lol: :lol:

I wanted Worldwide turn by turn directions and contact info to every car racing track... other than having to input it... it should be simple for apple and google maps... I had over 108 tracks mapped out, as soon as I added the Nürburgring the map centered a little off of N America... when I added tracks in Japan and a couple down under... the map then centered on Africa... When the tab is launched it starts in N America... So you do see the pins, then the map settles on Africa... you have to swipe the map to move around...

There's nothing I can do since I am using Apple and Googles map API. Ted thinks I should only do N American tracks + Nürburgring...

What do you guys think? I really appreciate all the help and input!  :bow:

RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 10:39:24 AM »

I figured add the rest later.  But if there is a problem with a fix they coul be added now. 

Since the map is centered in North America it would work best for us.  If we pick a track in North America will it stay centered on North America for our next pic?  If so that would be great as it is.  I admit that picking a European track and the map being centered there for the next pic would be perfect though. 

... there are race tracks in Africa?   :headscratch:
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »

As long as the app is open it should stay centered on what your last choice was. Close the app and it will reboot to the default map screen... Tracks are also viewable by list too, so maybe someones preference would be list mode.
Its really hard to say how thinks are going to look... There are almost 4k different devices out right now with new ones coming out everyday.

Hey Ted! What do you know! there's tracks in Africa too! http://www.wpmc.co.za/
at some point I'll look into them...

ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 11:13:51 AM »

Is there a way to add an additional tab for lets say "region", then you only see the tracks that are in that region?
― Winston Churchill
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2013, 11:20:09 AM »

I could do regions... only it would make up to 4 more tabs... things would start getting crowded on the bottom buttons. Apple would make me turn off some of them to get approval... Android could care less how many tabs there are...
Right now I am at 13 tabs for this app. 16 might be a bit much...
ViperJeff
Administrator

Viper Registry
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »

asking because I don't know and feel free to tell me to shut up LOL

I understand, is it possible to use a selection wheel (not sure what's its real name is) instead of tabs for some items

it would allow for growth because your not adding tabs, just items that can be selected and the number of controls could be fewer.

I know this example is for music, but it was the best picture I could find

― Winston Churchill
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 10:37:41 AM »

I thought about the scroll type set up. I'm sure the UI is available... Just haven't looked for it to see how everything would link together...
I went with flat info tabs that can be added to without adding to the overall tab structure.
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 10:47:47 AM »

check your email Jeff, just sent you a link
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea