The VIPER Garage
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2018, 01:34:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News
Welcome all new users to The Viper Garage - please read the site introduction in the Announcements
Pick Your ViperGarage Theme
Forum Stats
24611 Posts in 1933 Topics by 817 Members
Latest Member: arnytt
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
The VIPER Garage  |  Generation-specific Viper Forums  |  Gen 5 (Striker) SRT Viper GTS  |  New Gen 5 mag review
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Gen 5 mag review  (Read 1106 times)
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:50:44 AM »

I read an Autoblog "test" that said basically the Gen 5 Viper is outhandled and outperformed by the new 450hp vette.  The new vette base model (according to their tests) said that the new Gen 5 Viper is slower than the Gen 3 Viper, which is what their test results of the better stopping and handling vette???  Ridiculous and I won't even both to post it.  Since the Gen 5 beats the ZR1, I guess the new base model vette is better than their ZR1???  I doubt that ...  They could piss off GM (must be the hand that feeds them) if they wrote for intelligent people.

But here is another Gen 5 review from autoweek,com

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130829/CARREVIEWS/130829767?utm_source=DailyDrive20130829&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=image1&utm_content=20130829--2013-SRT-Viper-GTS-review-notes&utm_campaign=awdailydrive
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Viper 95 Kim

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »

Last week end I had a chance to spend some time behind the wheel of this fine new SRT Gen V Viper, we had the fortunate opportunity to take a Gen V around the track at Gingerman & the Tire Rack test track in Indiana.
1. Thank you to the SRT Team and project manager Mike Shinedling for giving up your week end for the Illinois club activities. 2. Thank you to Ralph Gilles for making this car a reality. 3. Thank you John Gastman Roanoke Motors for all the support and engagement you give to the Illinois club and Viper owners. 4. Thank you to all the people on the assemble line that put their heart and soul into building this phenomenal car. And, 5. Alex Ristonivich is by far the most committed and engaged club president in the VCA world, for which the Illinois club owes its continual and ever expanding existence to.
My only reaction every time I get into it, or near it, or hear it, is OH MY GOD what a fantastic automobile, how blessed this group is to have the dedicated group of people in their positions. Thank you all for this Viper it is truly an icon of a super car.
Viper Girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:36:02 PM »

V95K
So happy you had that experience THAT is exactly what I feel Viper clubs and the Viper experience should be about!
Long live the Icon  :agreedsign:
RTTTTed
Owner
Administrator

Viper Nation - ezine
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 07:06:26 PM »

I agree!  Happy that you had a great weekend with your friends.  and no one got banned, right?   :D
1999 1200rwhp TT GTS - ART, 2001 Roe sc GTS- (4 sale), 440 Duster restomod (sold), 3x Stealth TTs, 92 Daytona IROC with T3, 580whp/1080wtq Cummins pickup.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles | Buttons by Andrea